[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie drafts

millworkguy

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

He caught 20 for 216 and 3 TDs in an offense that didn't utilize him out of the backfield that often. He's shown plenty. 

If you say so.

I'm gonna trust what I've seen of him and the 5-6 experts I've read that say the same thing before I trust you.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, darin3 said:

If you say so.

I'm gonna trust what I've seen of him and the 5-6 experts I've read that say the same thing before I trust you.

That's fine. I'm saying that just because it wasn't a big part of the offense doesn't mean he can't do it. He was more than capable when asked. Watch the tape. 

3 minutes ago, Big John said:

In the leagues i am in, if the timer expires, the pick is skipped and the skipped pick can be made anytime afterward barring any draft picks that were made in the meantime.

I've also added that if the otc is traded, that owner is allowed to pick prior to the skipped pick being made.  

Im in a number of leagues that have owners on the west coast/east coast Europe and Australia,  so overnight trades are common. 

Ok with 4 drafts finally past him, I don't get the Walker love vs someone else like the above discussed Pierce.  Walker is most likely a 2 down back, so what makes him a top 4 and the other tier 3/4?  Opportunity wise you'd think Mack is definitely less threatening with his age and loss of ability due to injury then Penny, a back who actually showed late last year.  Do think he's probably being overdrafted at his spot due to position scarcity.  (Just to note: not agreeing/disagreeing on anything with Pierce, just mentioned him since brought up previously in thread).  

22 minutes ago, Def. said:

Ok with 4 drafts finally past him, I don't get the Walker love vs someone else like the above discussed Pierce.  Walker is most likely a 2 down back, so what makes him a top 4 and the other tier 3/4?  Opportunity wise you'd think Mack is definitely less threatening with his age and loss of ability due to injury then Penny, a back who actually showed late last year.  Do think he's probably being overdrafted at his spot due to position scarcity.  (Just to note: not agreeing/disagreeing on anything with Pierce, just mentioned him since brought up previously in thread).  

Just FYI, Mack and Penny are the same age, for whatever that is worth. Mack is surprisingly young considering it seems like he's been around a while.  But I agree with your post.  Walker is getting a lot of love considering the amount of competition that is in front of him.  

Penny had 3 good games last season,  Carson was injured (again) and moving away from Wilson I expect more opportunities to rush the ball.   I don't see alot in his way

Other factors, draft capital , performance:

1 guy rushed 264 times for 1600 plus yards 

The other 100 times for 575 yards and wasn't the leading r7sher on his own team

Edited by millworkguy

1 hour ago, Mike C said:

Just FYI, Mack and Penny are the same age, for whatever that is worth. Mack is surprisingly young considering it seems like he's been around a while. 

Hah, just thought he was older by how absolutely washed up he looked last year.  My bad. 

1 hour ago, Def. said:

I am glad he went. I thought Langford was really good coming out of MSU and he was nothing. 

I don't think at their best, he is any better than Penny, but I don't really know.

I believe Pierce was drafted too soon. He is going to be a TD dependent type, goal line back type. Jordan Howard II.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:09 AM, millworkguy said:

I'm enjoying the lack of consensus in this draft.  I have picks 8 and 9 in 1 league and think that I'll get my pick of Watson/moore/pierce.   I was offered 5 the other day, and I just don't see the value of moving both picks to make it happen in a draft with so many different views on tiers. 

I got Pierce today at #25 in an IDP dynasty

57 minutes ago, panhead55 said:

I got Pierce today at #25 in an IDP dynasty

I think that will depend upon the idp scoring,  so far he has gone by 14 in my low scoring idp leagues,  but I expect him to fall in my balanced leagues - where de's will go in the 1st

3 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I think that will depend upon the idp scoring,  so far he has gone by 14 in my low scoring idp leagues,  but I expect him to fall in my balanced leagues - where de's will go in the 1st

Pierce was the #19 offense player taken and 25 overall.

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I'll overpay for Pierce. I think he's a future stud. 

I bit at 2.06 in a 12-team league where the other owners are mostly all RB-wh0res.  So I figure if he utilizes the clear path to carries that I'll flip him for a future 1st or something.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, Henry Muto said:

Player FM - Internet Radio Done Right

At 49 min mark this guy says MIcahel Carter is a better prospect than Hall was.  Also said Hall will tumble down people's boards because he landed with Jets.

Not their 1.01 anymore.

I seriously doubt that.  Carter and Hall will probably split 45/40% respectively in 2022, with the remaining carries going to Coleman and lesser backs on the roster. As for quality of prospect... Hall is a true #1 if the Jets want him to be.  Carter is not and was never considered to be an every-down back.  Really... there is ZERO comparison there.  The dude on the podcast is seriously mistaken and it makes me think he has no clue what he is talking about.  I mean it is *that* obvious.  

Edited by Dcat

• 3 months later...

First real draft last night.

Hall was the first rookie at the end of the 4th. At the 5.11, Pierce is there, but so is Dobbins and Akers. I went with Cam and had no chance on the other 2 as they were swept up on the turn. 

Walker went end of 9th, Cook a few picks before that. 

Spiller & Allgeier undrafted.

I have the first pick in our draft coming next week, 12 teams 5 keepers for each. There's some really attractive players available including the rookies, and I'm going to be giving serious consideration to Hall. Not trying to turn this into an advice thread, but may post one later. I kept Akers, Jacobs, Adams, Pittman & Amari, and only 4 teams didn't protect a QB so those can be had in rounds 3-4. Conner would be hard to pass up. 

RB - Conner, Hall, Pierce, Mitchell, Dobbins, Etienne, Singletary 

WR - Sutton, Cooks, Jeudy, Marq Brown, G Davis, M Thomas, Mooney, Thielen

Etienne is essentially a rookie. I took him as my #2 with Akers/Stevenson/R White 3-5. 

Boom or bust there, but I'd think he's a better play than Hall, not as strong as Conner. I would put Pierce and Dobbins over Mitchell.

I'm not giving you advice. Conner/Etienne/Hall/Pierce/Dobbins/Mitchell/Singletary

I like Hollywood and Thomas, then Gabe, at least at the start with Hopkins out. 

• Like 2