Recommended Posts

So I got an email this morning from a site I used to read more often, and an author there put together their 1st round, anyone else see something as wild as this:

 

1 Walker

2 Hall

Tier break

3 Williams

4 London 

5 Burks

6 Wilson 

7 Olave

Tier break

8 Moore

9 Dotson

10 Cook

11 Pickens

12 Watson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dameon Pierce has to be on that list and Sky Moore needs to be much higher. I don't love that list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player FM - Internet Radio Done Right

 

At 49 min mark this guy says MIcahel Carter is a better prospect than Hall was.  Also said Hall will tumble down people's boards because he landed with Jets.

Not their 1.01 anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Rbs are over valued in dynasty

 

Agree, you don't need to reach for an RB in dynasty anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

 

Agree, you don't need to reach for an RB in dynasty anymore. 

 

Correct you can do what I did and just draft Jalen Reagor that worked out great.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

 

Correct you can do what I did and just draft Jalen Reagor that worked out great.

 

Are you Howie Roseman by any chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love playing against owners who stick by simplistic absolutes. 

League rules and lineup requirements can play a huge part in what positions are over/under valued.  The biggest downfall for RBs in dynasty, IMO, is they don't tend to play as long as other positional players.  However, positional value still applies to RBs, and in the present day - getting a workhorse RB is more valuable than it was 5 years ago.  

I drafted Derrick Henry in the 2016 rookie draft and Corey Coleman went before him.  The RB wasn't the overvalued guy.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Player FM - Internet Radio Done Right

 

At 49 min mark this guy says MIcahel Carter is a better prospect than Hall was.  Also said Hall will tumble down people's boards because he landed with Jets.

Not their 1.01 anymore.

 

He's crazy, Michael Carter could never be a true #1. He's just too small and limited. Breece Hall is a full 3 down back that can do just about anything. He'll be the lead back and Carter will be the change of pace guy. That's what I see happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, millworkguy said:

So I got an email this morning from a site I used to read more often, and an author there put together their 1st round, anyone else see something as wild as this:

 

1 Walker

2 Hall

Tier break

3 Williams

4 London 

5 Burks

6 Wilson 

7 Olave

Tier break

8 Moore

9 Dotson

10 Cook

11 Pickens

12 Watson 

I got the same email, I had a number of questions about this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I love playing against owners who stick by simplistic absolutes. 

League rules and lineup requirements can play a huge part in what positions are over/under valued.  The biggest downfall for RBs in dynasty, IMO, is they don't tend to play as long as other positional players.  However, positional value still applies to RBs, and in the present day - getting a workhorse RB is more valuable than it was 5 years ago.  

I drafted Derrick Henry in the 2016 rookie draft and Corey Coleman went before him.  The RB wasn't the overvalued guy.  

 

Electricrelish got Derrick Henry at 1.14 in a draft in 2016 the follow WR's went before him.

1.02 Corey Coleman

1.03 Laquon Treadwell

1.04 Josh Doctson

1.05 Sterling Shepard

1.06 Michael Thomas

1.07 Tyler Boyd

 

Drafts are like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get.

 

When I first joined the huddle in 2007 I had a saying what was it......oh ya draft the players that score the most pts.

 

That is how you win.  Draft the best players regardless of position and you win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

 

When I first joined the huddle in 2007 I had a saying what was it......oh ya draft the players that score the most pts.

 

2008

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Big John said:

2008

Close enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted on the Huddle Boards for years, but the names and faces are still the same. I'd offer my opinions, but I forgot what they were. And Henry, don't remind me of passing up Micheal Thomas in Ages, despite a lot of buzz in camp, and selecting fantasy sites' favorite LaQuon Treadwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

 

Electricrelish got Derrick Henry at 1.14 in a draft in 2016 the follow WR's went before him.

1.02 Corey Coleman

1.03 Laquon Treadwell

1.04 Josh Doctson

1.05 Sterling Shepard

1.06 Michael Thomas

1.07 Tyler Boyd

 

Drafts are like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get.

 

When I first joined the huddle in 2007 I had a saying what was it......oh ya draft the players that score the most pts.

 

That is how you win.  Draft the best players regardless of position and you win.

 

Word up.  I see one WR who'd you want above Henry - and that's debatable.  

Plus, Opie was downplaying Jamarr Chase going early last year before he decided RBs were overvalued....something about rookie WRs not being valuable, Cincy setting themselves back for drafting him, and Drew Sample catching more passes. 

I want to play in a league with Opie.  Seems profitable. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Docniner said:

Christian Watson needs to move up jnto the top 3.

 

Over Williams and Moore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone like Dameon Pierce? I feel like he should be ranked higher. He has little to no competition for carries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

redraft Situation?

are you high on moore also because of situation?

 

I like Moore a lot in that offense. He should see plenty of volume. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Does anyone like Dameon Pierce? I feel like he should be ranked higher. He has little to no competition for carries. 

 

Marlon Mack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darin3 said:

 

Marlon Mack?

 

You see Mack as a threat? I don't see it but could be wrong. Perce is a beast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying the lack of consensus in this draft.  I have picks 8 and 9 in 1 league and think that I'll get my pick of Watson/moore/pierce.   I was offered 5 the other day, and I just don't see the value of moving both picks to make it happen in a draft with so many different views on tiers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

You see Mack as a threat? I don't see it but could be wrong. Perce is a beast. 

 

Pierce needs a lot of work in the pass game if he's going to become an every-down-back or even the 1a in a 2-back system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darin3 said:

 

Pierce needs a lot of work in the pass game if he's going to become an every-down-back or even the 1a in a 2-back system.

 

He caught 20 for 216 and 3 TDs in an offense that didn't utilize him out of the backfield that often. He's shown plenty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.