LordOpie

Rookie Draft, top two WRs?

I was leaning Drake London and Jameson Williams, but I keep reading such good things about Chris Olave.

I have picks 1.02, 1.03, and 1.07. I'm sure 1.01 will go RB. 

fyi fwiw, my rebuild philosophy is to go WR heavy in year one in rookie draft, then start filling in holes. Figuring that some WRs will be studs, some good depth, and some busts. So, I want to increase my odds of hitting on one or more top players in the position.

So, who are your TOP TWO WRs? Thanks!

To me London is a slower version of Kyle Pitts. That being said he's all they got so he should see a ton of targets. Williams and Moore are my favorites but you should be able to get Moore in that 7 spot. I would take Hall or Walker at 2 then get after the WRs. You're in a great spot 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

To me London is a slower version of Kyle Pitts. That being said he's all they got so he should see a ton of targets. Williams and Moore are my favorites but you should be able to get Moore in that 7 spot. I would take Hall or Walker at 2 then get after the WRs. You're in a great spot 

Thanks!

I know my philosophy rubs so many wrong, but I have had significant success focusing on solidifying the WR group before focusing on other positions. So, i'm not doing RB at #2 :)

I know you love you some Skyy, yeah, should be there at 1.07. You like Williams as #1? Who's your #2?

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Thanks!

I know my philosophy rubs so many wrong, but I have had significant success focusing on solidifying the WR group before focusing on other positions. So, i'm not doing RB at #2 :)

I know you love you some Skyy, yeah, should be there at 1.07. You like Williams as #1? Who's your #2?

Probably Garrett but who knows about the QB? That's the reason I like Moore so much, he should have early success. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Probably Garrett but who knows about the QB? That's the reason I like Moore so much, he should have early success. 

not drafting a JET. You like Moore as your overall #2? 

There are no WR studs like Chase this year, or no clear cut best WR. None of the WR'S drafted in the first round this year are in good situations, you could almost flip a coin. With that said, if I am taking 2 WR'S, I am gambling on Williams and Moore.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zing said:

I am gambling on Williams and Moore.

That's what I think as well. He could probably pick Moore up at 1.07 but he'll be sweating it out 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's what I think as well. He could probably pick Moore up at 1.07 but he'll be sweating it out 

I wouldn't wait  if I think those 2 are the best. 

• Like 1

Long term I think Williams is the best bet. 

I do like Olave a lot but he'll never be a true #1 threat. 

Hey that rhymed.  :D

On 5/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, darin3 said:

Long term I think Williams is the best bet. 

I do like Olave a lot but he'll never be a true #1 threat. 

Hey that rhymed.  :D

Agree 💯. Williams has the pedigree to be a high end #1 but that will all depend on the QB of course. I think Sky Moore will be the one who makes an instant impact, only because of the situation. He should see enough volume to have immediate success. Christian Watson will have moments but he doesn't move the needle for me. Olave can be explosive but is not going to be a high volume WR1 type, that doesn't mean he won't be good. He'll find the end zone. 

• Like 1

Thoughts on the adp at mfl?

London, Drake ATL WR   3.40 1 17 94
2 Burks, Treylon TEN WR   4.89 1 19 92
3 Wilson, Garrett NYJ WR   5.08 1 23 91
4 Williams, Jameson DET WR Questionable 6.15 1 37 99
5 Olave, Chris NOS WR   7.58 1 18 93
6 Moore, Skyy KCC WR Questionable 9.47 1 40 99
7 Watson, Christian GBP WR   10.09 1 41 100
8 Pickens, George PIT WR   12.90 4 40 92
9 Dotson, Jahan WAS WR   13.94 3 37 98
10 Pierce, Alec IND WR   23.00 6 53 98

For dynasty this list is all messed up. For this season, yes Drake London should do well by default. They have NOTHING in Atlanta other than a TE. To me Jameson Williams is easily the most talented. And don't sleep on Sky Moore, he's the perfect fit for that offense on a team that loves to throw it. It really comes down to opportunity and their situation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It really comes down to opportunity and their situation. 

i've been burned by that before. I'm hesitant to put too much on opportunity at the expense of long term potential.

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i've been burned by that before. I'm hesitant to put too much on opportunity at the expense of long term potential.

Long term potential it's Williams no doubt and Garrett Wilson then. However we know nothing about the QB there or if he can even play. My targets right now would be Williams and Moore, that's just me. 

• Thanks 1