[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League. Rookie only draft. 25 man team

I’ll start with, Christian Mcaffrey is my only stud RB. And I have the first overall pick for next year. Everybody is sending me trade offers specifically for those two (not together).. here are my top two I need advice/ help with. Please and thank you 

1.)
I send: CMC

I receive: Sony Michal. 4th overall pick. And 7th overall pick 

My Thoughts: I lose my only stud RB but would have three rookie draft picks next year. How much are rookies worth? Enough to give up CMC? 3 rookies will be good in the long run but could potentially handcuff me this year

2.)

I send: CeeDee Lamb. my first overall pick this year. And my first round next year

I receive: Ja’Marr Chase

My Thoughts: Chase is obviously the better WR but is it worth my first round draft picks for next two years? It would be good for this year but in the long run could handcuff me

im torn on both of these. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!

Absolutely not on the 2nd one.

The first one is interesting, though.  Are you going to compete this year or will you struggle to even make the playoffs?  If it's the latter, I could see giving up CMC for 2 1sts in '23.  The '23 draft class is incredibly strong and you could really do well with those two picks.  My question, though, is how do you already that it's the 4th and 7th picks?   Or did you misspeak and mean to say the picks are in THIS class?  In that case I would maybe hold out for more for CMC.

19 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Absolutely not on the 2nd one.

The first one is interesting, though.  Are you going to compete this year or will you struggle to even make the playoffs?  If it's the latter, I could see giving up CMC for 2 1sts in '23.  The '23 draft class is incredibly strong and you could really do well with those two picks.  My question, though, is how do you already that it's the 4th and 7th picks?   Or did you misspeak and mean to say the picks are in THIS class?  In that case I would maybe hold out for more for CMC.

After second thought I'd really think about option #1. Next year is supposed to be a really strong draft and is anyone counting on McCaffrey to stay healthy? It's tempting

Actually I may consider the 1st deal even if it's rookie picks this year.  #4 and 7 would net you something like Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks.  Those are two nice WRs to build around for the future.

Now, if you plan on competing THIS year, I would probably hold CMC and hope for the best.

20 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Actually I may consider the 1st deal even if it's rookie picks this year.  #4 and 7 would net you something like Garrett Wilson and Treylon Burks.  Those are two nice WRs to build around for the future.

Now, if you plan on competing THIS year, I would probably hold CMC and hope for the best.

I'm confused, is he saying next year's draft picks?? If so I'd do it without a doubt. 

"My Thoughts: I lose my only stud RB but would have three rookie draft picks next year. How much are rookies worth? Enough to give up CMC? 3 rookies will be good in the long run but could potentially handcuff me this year".

"Next year" could simply mean this upcoming season, 2022. I'd suggest you guys wait for them to follow up. They're not exactly a heavily active user (joined on Monday, visited the next day and this is their only post). 

Common sense says the picks are not for 2023 - there's no way to know they'd be the 4th and 7th overall picks.

1st offer is closer, but I'd prefer if the deal spread the picks out such that you get a pick this year (the #4) and a 2023 1st at a minimum, and probably a better player than Michel as the throw in. But, if you did that, you'd have the #1 and #4 this year and 2 2023 1sts (your own plus one gained here). If you could get something a bit better than Michel as the throw in stop gap RB, I'd seriously consider it. Or if you could flip the 7 for a 2023 1st and something else I'd consider the deal for the 4 and 7.

No way on the Lamb deal. Lamb is not a slouch, and I'm not giving up the #1 and Lamb for Chase, much less including what sounds like it may also be an early 2023 1st. It would completely defeat the purpose of your rebuild as Lamb is a very solid, young WR to build around.

39 minutes ago, Big Country said:

1st offer is closer, but I'd prefer if the deal spread the picks out such that you get a pick this year (the #4) and a 2023 1st at a minimum, and probably a better player than Michel as the throw in. But, if you did that, you'd have the #1 and #4 this year and 2 2023 1sts (your own plus one gained here). If you could get something a bit better than Michel as the throw in stop gap RB, I'd seriously consider it. Or if you could flip the 7 for a 2023 1st and something else I'd consider the deal for the 4 and 7.

I kind of agree. I have no faith that CMC can stay healthy. I'd try to maximize his value while I still can. This year's rookie draft class is deep but it's not all that great. There's no real studs, especially at 4 or 7. I would try to get into next next year's draft as well. 

Heck to the no for deal #2.  I like Chase, but with Cooper gone, well, Lamb's numbers might be close to Chase this year.

And for deal #1, unless negotiations have closed, I would try to work it a bit.  Like above, I have no faith CMC will make it past the opening day coin flip, but still would not give him away.  Sony is a zero value asset IMO.