[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Questions

I play in a 10 team keeper league where we get to keep 3 players, but only one from a given position. 

My current options are :  Wilson, Burrow @ QB

Taylor, Kamara, Montgomery @ RB

Diontae Johnson @ WR  (My other WR's are middle of the road) or

Hockenson @ TE vs a WR

I actually won the league last year due mainly to Burrow, who went off in the playoff weeks.

Here are my questions and I welcome all advice: 

1) Do I keep Burrow or Wilson ??  I'm leaning to Burrow.

2) Johnson @ WR vs Hockenson ??  Leaning to Johnson

3) Keeping Taylor @ RB....but I have a trade offer on the table...Najee Harris and Davante Adams for Taylor ??

So Currently my 3 Keepers are Burrow, Taylor and Johnson....or I make the trade and keep Burrow, Harris and Adams.

Thanks in advance for your advice !!

Couple questions:

1. PPR or not? Anything else about scoring system non-standard, ie is it 6pt per pass TD?

2. What are the lineup reqs?

3. Is it just everyone keeps 3 players then draft starts, or do you have option to keep less and keep earlier picks?

4. What pick do you have?

5. Any rough idea on who you expect to have available in the draft?

6. Regarding the trade, you need to realize it's not just Taylor that you are giving up, it is Taylor and whomever you end up not being able to keep by doing the 2 for 1 deal, in this case Diontae - so you partially need to look at it as Taylor and Johnsons for Harris and Adams.

7. Can you trade picks prior to making keeper decisions?

Generally speaking, especially in a 10 team league, it's hard to justify keeping a QB in most situations, but your unique rules about keeping only 1 per position change that a bit. Though, depending on scoring system and lineup reqs (and likely keepers), it's possible that an argument could be made for keeping Hockenson over a QB, but there's not enough info yet to make any sort of suggestion on that.

Answers to the above will help a lot in formulating suggested strategies.

• Like 1

Answers to Questions: 

1. PPR or not? Anything else about scoring system non-standard, ie is it 6pt per pass TD?  Standard PPR League. Pass TD 4, Rush/Rec TD 6

a)   We also have a Taxi/Rookie Squad max of 4. We hold a separate Rookie draft (Late July) prior to the Regular Draft (Late August)

I have the 10th pick in both drafts.

b.  Players are on contracts, so the max you can keep them is for 3 years      

2. What are the lineup reqs?  

Lineup Requirements: - 3 types to choose from on a weekly basis...

1. Pro Set –  2QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, and 1 DEF/ST
2. Run & Shoot – 2QB, 1RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1PK, and 1 DEF/ST
3. Smash Mouth – 2QB, 3RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 DEF/ST

3. Is it just everyone keeps 3 players then draft starts, or do you have option to keep less and keep earlier picks?  Yes, Everyone Keeps 3 Players, (1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WRorTE )

4. What pick do you have?  I Have the 10th Pick....Snake Draft (So, 1.10, 2.1)

5. Any rough idea on who you expect to have available in the draft? Not Yet,  Keeper Deadline is on August 26th 

6. Regarding the trade, you need to realize it's not just Taylor that you are giving up, it is Taylor and whomever you end up not being able to keep by doing the 2 for 1 deal, in this case Diontae - so you partially need to look at it as Taylor and Johnsons for Harris and Adams.

7. Can you trade picks prior to making keeper decisions?  Yes, Players and draft picks can be traded prior to Keepers /  Draft. 

Given the extra info (2 QB is a pretty significant details missing in the OP) I'm keeping Burrow (unless it is a situation where you can only keep him this year and Wilson still has all 3 years of eligibility) and Taylor.

I'd shop around and see if you can package some combo of Wilson, Kamara/Montgomery or Diontae for a WR improvement, or at worst some pick improvements. Doesn't matter if it is a bit of an overpay, but if you can package those guys for a top 6-8 WR, or use them to move up in the draft, you should come out ahead in the long run.

If you can't make a deal for a WR, keep Diontae, or if you deal Diontae and don't get a WR back, keep Hockenson.

Edited by Big Country
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Country said:

Given the extra info (2 QB is a pretty significant details missing in the OP) I'm keeping Burrow (unless it is a situation where you can only keep him this year and Wilson still has all 3 years of eligibility) and Taylor.

I'd shop around and see if you can package some combo of Wilson, Kamara/Montgomery or Diontae for a WR improvement, or at worst some pick improvements. Doesn't matter if it is a bit of an overpay, but if you can package those guys for a top 6-8 WR, or use them to move up in the draft, you should come out ahead in the long run.

If you can't make a deal for a WR, keep Diontae, or if you deal Diontae and don't get a WR back, keep Hockenson.

I agree with this.

• 1 month later...