Jump to content
[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AJ Brown Trade Value


CMACK870
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hard to say since he's on a new team, one that will likely throw to him quite a bit more than his previous team.  Why not just advise your leaguemates that he's on the block and see what kind of offers filter in?  You may be surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Hard to say since he's on a new team, one that will likely throw to him quite a bit more than his previous team.  Why not just advise your leaguemates that he's on the block and see what kind of offers filter in?  You may be surprised.

Thank you.  Do you think at least a 5th rounder is fair to ask for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMACK870 said:

Thank you.  Do you think at least a 5th rounder is fair to ask for?

 

In a keeper format?  Depends on how many you keep, but honestly that sounds way too low.  I'd ask for a 2nd at minimum considering maybe 3-4 keepers?  The guy has some injury concerns but he's going to be a stud in that offense.  Low-end WR1 IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMACK870 said:

Thank you.  Do you think at least a 5th rounder is fair to ask for?

Depends - how many keepers across the league, are you forfeiting picks for keepers, etc.?

 

In a redraft league, he is going in the mid 3rd in typical 12 team PPR leagues with fairly typical lineup requirements (not superflex or 2 QB). But, with the keeper league, you have to factor in that the owner trading for him is not only giving up the pick for him, but also then being not able to keep one of his players for him, so it is entirely possible that a 2nd is a very expensive ask, depending on those keeper rules. For example, if this is something like a 3 man keeper than savvy owners will realize that your option is basically deal him for what you can get or dump him into the player pool. Scenarios like that his value is a lot lower and more likely you would be looking at using him as a way to move up in the draft, not necessarily for picks outright, and that also requires finding a trade partner with fairly weak keeper options that AJ Brown is a significant enough upgrade for them that it's worth doing that - again, another scenario where the fewer the number of keepers, the harder it is to find a trade partner with a roster like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CMACK870 said:

Thanks guys.  It's a 4 player keeper league.  We all must keep 4 players and then we start a snake draft with every player that remains.

 

Out of curiosity, who are you keeping over him?

 

I would advise doing what Darin initially said and let the league know he is on the block. You never know, you may get a really good offer like a 2nd or 3rd rounder straight up for him which to me would be a huge win for you since you're not keeping him anyway (well, I am working on the assumption that you are looking to move him as you don't have him in your current keepers even if you don't trade him).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Depends - how many keepers across the league, are you forfeiting picks for keepers, etc.?

 

In a redraft league, he is going in the mid 3rd in typical 12 team PPR leagues with fairly typical lineup requirements (not superflex or 2 QB). But, with the keeper league, you have to factor in that the owner trading for him is not only giving up the pick for him, but also then being not able to keep one of his players for him, so it is entirely possible that a 2nd is a very expensive ask, depending on those keeper rules. For example, if this is something like a 3 man keeper than savvy owners will realize that your option is basically deal him for what you can get or dump him into the player pool. Scenarios like that his value is a lot lower and more likely you would be looking at using him as a way move up in the draft, not necessarily for picks outright, and that also requires finding a trade partner with fairly weak keeper options that AJ Brown is a significant enough upgrade for them that it's worth doing that - again, another scenario where the fewer the number of keepers, the harder it is to find a trade partner with a roster like that.

It is a 3 man keeper league and is exactly the first scenario you described. We give up a 1st rounder to keep one player, a second to keep two players, and a third to keep three players.  With that in mind, what would be fair to ask for as far as a draft pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Big Country said:

 

Out of curiosity, who are you keeping over him?

 

I would advise doing what Darin initially said and let the league know he is on the block. You never know, you may get a really good offer like a 2nd or 3rd rounder straight up for him which to me would be a huge win for you since you're not keeping him anyway (well, I am working on the assumption that you are looking to move him as you don't have him in your current keepers even if you don't trade him).

I am keeping Pitts and Chase and deciding between CMC and Javonte Williams.   Would love to know your thoughts on that as well of you wouldn't mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I see why you are in the situation of looking to deal AJ Brown.

 

Chase and CMC are keepers for sure for me. Tough call between Javonte and Pitts, and I am a huge Pitts lover, but if it is not a TE premium league, it's harder to justify keeping him.

 

Assuming you have time, in addition to AJ Brown I'd put it out there that you are looking to deal Pitts, CMC or Javonte, or possible combo them for a big upgrade. Maybe you can get a Jonathan Taylor (if the owner doesn't have strong additional keepers) for Javonte and AJ Brown or a Justin Jefferson for Pitts and AJ Brown, something where you get a strong keeper upgrade.

 

If something like that doesn't materialize, then shop them around to see if you can get pick improvements or picks outright for them. I think pick improvements would end up giving better value unless you find an owner that isn't factoring in that they are forfeiting a pick to then keep the player as well as the player they would have otherwise been keeping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Big Country said:

Now I see why you are in the situation of looking to deal AJ Brown.

 

Chase and CMC are keepers for sure for me. Tough call between Javonte and Pitts, and I am a huge Pitts lover, but if it is not a TE premium league, it's harder to justify keeping him.

 

Assuming you have time, in addition to AJ Brown I'd put it out there that you are looking to deal Pitts, CMC or Javonte, or possible combo them for a big upgrade. Maybe you can get a Jonathan Taylor (if the owner doesn't have strong additional keepers) for Javonte and AJ Brown or a Justin Jefferson for Pitts and AJ Brown, something where you get a strong keeper upgrade.

 

If something like that doesn't materialize, then shop them around to see if you can get pick improvements or picks outright for them. I think pick improvements would end up giving better value unless you find an owner that isn't factoring in that they are forfeiting a pick to then keep the player as well as the player they would have otherwise been keeping.

Great ideas.  Hadn't thought of that.  I was so set on draft picks.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information