[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Auction Advice

Irvin088

10 team traditional scoring - $200 auction budget.

I can keep up to 3 at the price they were drafted.  Cost goes up an additional $5 each year which I’ve reflected in the photo.  I think Javonte is a must, but outside of him I’m conflicted.  AJ Brown is fairly priced but team change is kinda scary.  Dionte is cheap, but with it being a traditional scoring league that hurts his value.  Cool and CMC may be a little too expensive, though cook will go for more than $48 if he’s put back up for option.  I’m pretty high on Trey Lance, but I doubt he’s expensive if re-auctioned.

Thoughts?

E476259E-76FA-47AC-82B4-D28D9CDA28C1.jpeg

The Lamar/Lance debate is interesting.  $8 isn't a gigantic difference, but it matters.  Lamar has been underwhelming last two years (last year was largely due to injury to be fair), but Lance has Lamar-like upside, in my opinion.  He could also be a multi-year keeper.  I'm not sure if anyone is in on Lance so he might only go for $5 or less this year anyways.

I think it comes down to this...

Javonte - Easy keeper no questions

AJ Brown - Uncertainty with new team and a QB who has yet to support any valuable WRs.  I could see him going for not much above $26, but you never know.

Diontae - In a PPR or .5 PPR league he'd be an easy keep for me, but with shaky QB play and being of a more possession than TD guy, he takes a hit in traditional format

Lamar/Lance - See above, I am open to keeping one of them.

Cook - $48 is a lot for a keeper with injury history.  If I really want him back, could probably get him for low $50 range, but his cost will be inflated.

In general I'm nervous because 30 players will be kept, so the cost of the high end talent is going to be inflated.

Not sure what to do...any other thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Irvin088 said:

The Lamar/Lance debate is interesting.  $8 isn't a gigantic difference, but it matters.  Lamar has been underwhelming last two years (last year was largely due to injury to be fair), but Lance has Lamar-like upside, in my opinion.  He could also be a multi-year keeper.  I'm not sure if anyone is in on Lance so he might only go for $5 or less this year anyways.

Because I'd want others to spend their money on Lamar.   Part of auctions is starting guys you think others will bid heavily on and drain their own resources.  If you have 75% of your budget left, you can likely add 1 top tier and 2-2nd tiers guys and and leave yourself 30-40 bucks to fill out the rest, Lamar will pull in more bids and remove available funds from another team, as compared to Lance.  However another poster said he paid 31 bucks in a 16 team $200 auction for him.

8 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Because I'd want others to spend their money on Lamar.   Part of auctions is starting guys you think others will bid heavily on and drain their own resources.  If you have 75% of your budget left, you can likely add 1 top tier and 2-2nd tiers guys and and leave yourself 30-40 bucks to fill out the rest, Lamar will pull in more bids and remove available funds from another team, as compared to Lance.  However another poster said he paid 31 bucks in a 16 team $200 auction for him.

Totally get that - just historically with this being a 10 team league (as opposed to 16), even top QBs go for $10-$15 since everyone has someone pretty elite.  I.e. how I got Lamar for $9 last year.

Edited by Irvin088
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, League_Champion said:

AJ is half the price, yes he's not Devante but he's HALF the price 

Totally agree - however I just looked at last years draft recap and the RB market was so scarce, the high end RBs still available went for a crazy amount.  For example:

Zeke: $61

Saquon:$57

Najee: $69

Mixon: $51 (pre breakout)

Cook at $48, despite his injury history may be a value there as I could see him easily going at $60.  He may be the way to go over Brown.  Heck, CMC may go for $70+ on open market.  He may even be worth keeping at $58 over Cook and Brown.

We draft Monday night, so gotta make a call.

Thoughts League Champ?

edit: found out I could keep brown at $21, not $26.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Edited by Irvin088
Added info

10 hours ago, Irvin088 said:

Last thought - I can probably get Lance for $5 or less, so I could spend up on keepers and take Javonte, Cook, and Brown for $90 total.  Good core!

Absolutely, I think Lance could push the top 10 easy, Jalen Hurts 2.0 in a better, friendlier offense. Much like Hurts he should be a fantasy monster. He's my QB1 one in a couple start up leagues. Nice call! 

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Absolutely, I think Lance could push the top 10 easy, Jalen Hurts 2.0 in a better, friendlier offense. Much like Hurts he should be a fantasy monster. He's my QB1 one in a couple start up leagues. Nice call! 

Thanks - So you think keep Cook/Williams/Brown and try to get Lance on the cheap?  Or keep Lance for the $1 plus 2 others?  Just making sure I’m understanding correctly.  It’s a 10 person league, so not sure Lance will draw too much attention.  I’m really high on Lance too.