[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Help

Scot

Let me begin by saying that I’m in a few leagues.  The league that I’m most attached to is “TD Only”.  I know that it’s an antiquated scoring system but it’s a league of old college buddies and it’s been around for 25 years.

Now my question...  It’s a 14 team league and we start 1QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1TE, 1K.

We’re allowed 2 keepers and 1 rookie, if drafted in one of the first 8 rounds in the previous draft. 

I’m trying to decide between the following potential keepers:

QB: Justin Herbert, Trey Lance (rookie clause eligible)

RB: Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams (rookie clause eligible), Cam Akers, Travis Etienne (rookie clause eligible)

WR: Stephon Diggs, DJ Moore, Dustin Hopkins

My initial thought is to keep: 

Taylor, Herbert, and J. Williams (rookie clause) but I’m tempted to go with Taylor, Akers, and Williams (rookie clause).

Any advice will be appreciated 

I've not put much analysis into a league that only counts TDs, so take my advice with a grain of salt here, but you'll get the most TD potential from Taylor and Hebert.  Assuming you can keep these guys next year too, then Williams is a worthy add, though from a TD perspective probably more in 2023 than this season, as I fear Gordon will get more of the goal line work.

Akers could be great, but there's too much risk versus Hebert, IMHO.  Then again, you only start 1 QB, and there is a lot of value at the position, so I can see why you'd might go Taylor-Akers-Williams.  It really depends on what QB you think you can get if you do that vs. what RB you think you can get if you keep Hebert.

Taylor / williams / Diggs.  

Buffalo isn’t slowing down and Diggs looked like his old self.  Davis should help draw some coverages in his big games.  

I love herbert, but all of a sudden there are a lot of good QBs again and I’m less worried about loosing those points then I am of having injuries wreck my WR room if a run on WRs leaves me screwed. 

Jonathan Taylor and Diggs as keepers, Javonte as your Rookie keeper. There are no questions with their talents and production, and I'd rather have Javonte instead of Etienne or Trey