[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFI vs IR

fuz

I'd love to get everyone's thoughts on a grey area in the rules prior to the start of the season.  Adam brought up an interesting dilemma that he has with John Metchie III.  I am uncertain if there are any other players that would be in the same boat. 

John has leukemia and will be out for quite some time.  He is officially listed as an NFI and will more than likely move to the NFI-R list to start the season.  The NFI-Reserve list is a separate designation from Injured Reserve in the NFL for players who had a pre-existing condition or injury outside of "work".  We specifically list the NFL IR list as a reference in our rules.  However, guys like John Metchie do not officially make the IR list as their designation is a bit different.  Guys like Willis McGahee who were drafted, but injured for their first year would be included in this designation.

I would like to propose that NFI-R players should be considered as IR players in the eyes of our rules.  We would need to make some verbiage changes to our current rules to do so.  I'm happy to propose a rule if there are enough people in agreement.

Thoughts?  Are there any other players in this grey are this year?

12 minutes ago, JP2006 said:

Sounds reasonable to me. This is not my player, and a different grey area, but Calvin Ridley is suspended this year because of gambling. 

Does anyone else think he should be eligible for an IR designation? 

Ha, that's also my player.  As well as Ruggs last year.  I've got all the eff'd up receivers.  

Ridley prob doesn't really matter much, he'd still count against years on IR.  I think the only real relief I'd get with Metchie, is if an opt out like this was treated like the Covid opt outs, where we didn't count them against years or active players.  Just my 2 cents but I'm biased obv.  

In my opinion, I think NFI-R should be handled the same as we handle IR, as both are injury designations.

I don't think the NFL Suspension list should not be handled any differently than they already are, as many of us have already had to pay our dues for rostering these players.

Calvin Ridley is on NFL Suspension, for making bad decisions.  Many owner are or have already sufferer for bad player decisions.  Examples ....... Deshaun Watshon, DeAndre Hopkins, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Brown, Will Fuller, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, Josh Gordon ect... the list goes on....... all are bad decisions resulting in suspensions.

We have never provided relief for our Dynasty teams in the past, and I think it should remain the same.

I’d be ok with it. I would assume he would still have an allotted amount of contract years and be taken off one year at the end of year just as anyone else? I would think Metchie could recover enough that he is able to play at some point this year. Hence the importance of having contract yrs assigned. 

I’m guessing the same could have happened to fellow Bama alumn Brian Robinson after the shototing incident, but looks like he is listed as active….