[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well hello everyone, please read

DMD

In light of the latest squabbles and blah-blah-blah, let me wrap a bow around this situation.

I don't have time to police here, and I don't like to do it. I will ban people that talk poorly to each other. No warnings. Just a shrug of the shoulders and click a box on their profile.

Is there a clear cut way to know what is allowed or not? Nope. It's pretty much if I see something that crosses that imaginary line in my head, I'll just ban the poster and go on with my life. Is that fair? Don't care.  It is to me.  Think you might cross a line? One way to find out. Is someone else being bad? I'll get to them when I can.

I have to fight to keep this board alive. It is 100% here only because of me - no other huddle staff come here. I like to talk about football, I like sharing information. I like gaining entertainment from the board. I have plenty of people here I consider friends that I've known for up to 25 years.

Most of the world moved on to Twitter..  Back in the day, this place was Twitter where people knew each other and a huge sea of people would read information and opinion on here. We're dwindling down to a handful of posters that want to make this about themselves and who they do not like. We should all be concerned if certain people that pay for this board came here and see what they are paying for.

I'm not going to beat this horse to death anymore. Here are the two rules for the board ongoing.

1. Feel free to post fantasy football information, reply and offer advice to people that want it. Have fun that doesn't detract from others enjoyment. I enjoy that part immensely.

2. If you want to write anything derogatory about someone else, start fights, insult members, or detract from other's enjoyment (in my sole opinion), then S-T-F-U and get out. No warnings or temporary suspensions. 

Thanks in advance

DMD

• DMD changed the title to Well hello everyone, please read
  • DMD pinned this topic
2 hours ago, DMD said:

In light of the latest squabbles and blah-blah-blah, let me wrap a bow around this situation.

I don't have time to police here, and I don't like to do it. I will ban people that talk poorly to each other. No warnings. Just a shrug of the shoulders and click a box on their profile.

Is there a clear cut way to know what is allowed or not? Nope. It's pretty much if I see something that crosses that imaginary line in my head, I'll just ban the poster and go on with my life. Is that fair? Don't care.  It is to me.  Think you might cross a line? One way to find out. Is someone else being bad? I'll get to them when I can.

I have to fight to keep this board alive. It is 100% here only because of me - no other huddle staff come here. I like to talk about football, I like sharing information. I like gaining entertainment from the board. I have plenty of people here I consider friends that I've known for up to 25 years.

Most of the world moved on to Twitter..  Back in the day, this place was Twitter where people knew each other and a huge sea of people would read information and opinion on here. We're dwindling down to a handful of posters that want to make this about themselves and who they do not like. We should all be concerned if certain people that pay for this board came here and see what they are paying for.

I'm not going to beat this horse to death anymore. Here are the two rules for the board ongoing.

1. Feel free to post fantasy football information, reply and offer advice to people that want it. Have fun that doesn't detract from others enjoyment. I enjoy that part immensely.

2. If you want to write anything derogatory about someone else, start fights, insult members, or detract from other's enjoyment (in my sole opinion), then S-T-F-U and get out. No warnings or temporary suspensions. 

Thanks in advance

DMD

10-4

On 11/10/2022 at 3:48 AM, DMD said:

For clarification, this does or does not apply to the non-FF subforums?  

Thanks in adance.  Great site. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 9.57.58 AM.png

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

For clarification, this does or does not apply to the non-FF subforums?  

Thanks in adance.  Great site. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 9.57.58 AM.png

I'm going out on a limb and saying that it does since the Tailgate and other forums can be and have been a breeding ground for some of the animosity.

Edited by rajncajn

• DMD unpinned this topic