[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bills/Browns this week

gilthorp

Apparently, Buffalo is expecting as much as 3 feet of snow in the coming days and this game is in jeopardy of being moved or delayed. 

I doubt it's going to be a snow storm when the game is supposed to be played, but they may not have the stadium ready in time. Push it back to Monday or Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Big John said:

i remember when they actually played football in that weather.  https://wtmj.com/green-bay-packers/2021/01/21/remembering-the-1985-snow-bowl/

I raise you the freezer bowl...

How cold was it at the Freezer Bowl?

Spurred by a low-pressure storm off Canada's Hudson Bay, Cincinnati had developed a temperature of minus nine degrees by kickoff. And with a wind chill factor of minus 59 (computed at the time), the Bengals were about to play the coldest game in NFL history.   Jan 8, 2022

13 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Spurred by a low-pressure storm off Canada's Hudson Bay, Cincinnati had developed a temperature of minus nine degrees by kickoff. And with a wind chill factor of minus 59 (computed at the time), the Bengals were about to play the coldest game in NFL history.   Jan 8, 2022

Did you forget the Ice Bowl?  12/31/67, temp -13.

25 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

10 minutes ago, Big John said:

Did you forget the Ice Bowl?  12/31/67, temp -13.

Meh ... that's nothing compared to how cold my wife's feet are when she puts them on me in the middle of the night.

• Haha 3

One of the most likely scenarios if they have to move the game would be playing in Detroit at Ford field. That way the bills would already be where they need to be for their Thursday game. From what I've heard most of the snow will be over long before the game it's a matter of being able to have it prepared and I let people getting to the game security Etc.

I remember a Bills Browns game in Cleveland in December, mid 2000s, in a big snowstorm that hit mostly that day. Field being cleared with blowers and such. Low scoring and a great time. The eastern Cleveland lakeshore is getting hit my this same snow, but nothing for me and maybe a few inches by Sunday in Cleveland.

Sounds like there won't be a decision today. 

The heaviest part of the first wave of snow is expected tonight into Friday, then a short break before the next batch Saturday evening into Sunday morning. Speculation is after that first big wave is over they'll have some idea what they're up against and how feasible holding the game is. Keep in mind its more than just about getting the teams there. There is TV equipment (possibly on its way already), broadcasters and others who need to travel and get around the BUF area. 

26 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I think Allen,Chubb, could still post good numbers in the snow.

Throwing the ball in the snow isn't a problem, its the wind that usually impacts the passing game. When the field is slipper it is very easy for WR to make a move and get open when the defender falls. 

I've got Cooper and he's in my lineup, but then my other options are limited with injurie, and now Adams is questionable. 

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Throwing the ball in the snow isn't a problem, its the wind that usually impacts the passing game. When the field is slipper it is very easy for WR to make a move and get open when the defender falls. 

I've got Cooper and he's in my lineup, but then my other options are limited with injurie, and now Adams is questionable. 

trying not to be condescending, but yes i know that

Correct me if i am wrong but the last weather i checked on, the main snow will be over by kickoff Sunday. So assuming they can get the players to the game and clear the field...I don't think weather will be that big of concern  for FF purposes, outside of maybe wind. The big concern is logistics of getting people to the game, or more so clearing snow so the residents of Buffalo can be safe. The priority could be clearing the city, not the route to the stadium. altho it is Buffalo so that could be a priority for them. :P

But all that aside....seems kinda late to think about moving the game. alot of those same logistics problems still exist trying to get out of town. if there's 4 feet of snow coming...you can't get in or out. whats the difference.  if they don't make a move tomorrow to move, they won't.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BillyBalata said:

Correct me if i am wrong but the last weather i checked on, the main snow will be over by kickoff Sunday. So assuming they can get the players to the game and clear the field...I don't think weather will be that big of concern  for FF purposes, outside of maybe wind. The big concern is logistics of getting people to the game, or more so clearing snow so the residents of Buffalo can be safe. The priority could be clearing the city, not the route to the stadium. altho it is Buffalo so that could be a priority for them. 😛

But all that aside....seems kinda late to think about moving the game. alot of those same logistics problems still exist trying to get out of town. if there's 4 feet of snow coming...you can't get in or out. whats the difference.  if they don't make a move tomorrow to move, they won't.

Good points all around. They definitely have to decide by tomorrow, I don't think anybody is suggesting they can move the game later than that. You're spot on regarding priorities, safety of the locals must come before needing to play an NFL game. 

If the game is moved that means they don't need to do anything (or very little) regarding stadium access. Yes the Bills still need to get out of town, hopefully any decision would come before the Browns travel there. Not sure when officials, broadcasters and equipment arrive. Pretty sure that equipment trucks would be there no later than 24 hours before the game. Sometimes the networks don't have to worry about getting the broadcast truck there, if they already have one from say college football in the area.

I used to be on another forum where this stuff was discussed, with some of the people actually working in sports broadcasting who could provide inside info. (No that doesn't make me an expert ;) )  

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

NFL officially is moving the Browns-Bills game out of Buffalo and to Ford Field in Detroit, where it will be played Sunday at 4:15 pm. Bills will play two straight games in Detroit: against the Browns, then on Thanksgiving vs. the Lions.