[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pitts-Torn MCL?

Shaft

49 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I look at this as a blessing in disguise from a fantasy perspective. He wasn't giving his owners a thing.

Agreed.  Now it makes for one less decision.  It's sad that he didn't even get to prove himself.  

7 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? 

Yes.  Sound waves are still made and the fact that no one was around to hear the sound makes no difference that a sound was made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

The harder issue is where to value Pitts after this year, after a presumable QB change. We have seen enough to write him off this year, but he will be a wildcard for the future, depending on QB 

May need a regime change before you see the potential return. 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

The harder issue is where to value Pitts after this year, after a presumable QB change. We have seen enough to write him off this year, but he will be a wildcard for the future, depending on QB 

Assuming he's locked into Art's system in Atlanta, I think you've seen the identity they want to have there. He's in the Cole Kmet/Dawson Knox/Njoku range at best moving forward. 10-15 range. What was described as a generational talent coming out of college, it's not that any longer. I thank my lucky stars to have traded him in the off season. I was very fortunate there. 

His nearly 70 receptions and over 1000 yards as a rookie on a pretty mediocre offense with an aging QB was impressive. His single TD made the number less impressive. 

His opportunities per game have not gone down much (6.5 targets/gm last year, 4.9 this year) but the yardage and receptions are down. HIs catch rate fell 15% from a nice 62% last year. So part of the issue is definitely QB play, unless Pitts has gotten worse at catching. 

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

His opportunities per game have not gone down much (6.5 targets/gm last year, 4.9 this year) but the yardage and receptions are down. HIs catch rate fell 15% from a nice 62% last year. So part of the issue is definitely QB play, unless Pitts has gotten worse at catching. 

Good stuff. It's definitely not him. He & Marriota have had a hard time getting on the same page all season. I hate to say it but Mariotta just can't make the throws. The coaching staff hasn't helped much either. Early in the season they used him as  a blocker. He's the #4 overall pick, not a damn blocking TE. 

On 11/22/2022 at 11:03 AM, League_Champion said:

Good stuff. It's definitely not him. He & Marriota have had a hard time getting on the same page all season. I hate to say it but Mariotta just can't make the throws. The coaching staff hasn't helped much either. Early in the season they used him as  a blocker. He's the #4 overall pick, not a damn blocking TE. 

ATL will be a better team the day Mariota retires.  I have no doubt that Pitts on TB, LAC, DAL or GB would be a stud.  What I still can't understand is why ATL invested so much into the passing game when they have a HC that favors the running game.   Seems a little schizophrenic.  

2 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

ATL will be a better team the day Mariota retires.  I have no doubt that Pitts on TB, LAC, DAL or GB would be a stud.  What I still can't understand is why ATL invested so much into the passing game when they have a HC that favors the running game.   Seems a little schizophrenic.  

Agree, it's very odd how they just waste a weapon like Pitts. If we can see it why doesn't the coaching staff? Hell, line him up as a full time WR if need be. He needs targets.