[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 12 GameDay Chat

League_Champion

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Good luck with that mess Denver 

Yeah it has turned into a full-fledged disaster. Assuming no major improvements in play this one could be pretty devastating for a while, like until after the 2025 season, which is their earliest out in conventional terms. They'd still be out 31M in dead cap if they released him then. This avg salary I think is 49M. 

Edited by purplemonster

12 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

This train wreck is firmly at the feet of their head coach first and foremost. 

He's definitely a major part of it. I'm just not sure that Wilson is coachable, at all. He's missing routine throws on a consistent basis and shows no awareness whatsoever. A coaching change would be a great start but it's hardly the solution. 

I think the league has probably been lucky with the big QB contracts they've given out so far, this was probably bound to happen. It's a lot of pressure and this one might have caught Denver at precisely the worst time. When Russ's skills hit the decline and maybe mentally struggling as well too. His ability to scramble may have been key as a shorter QB seeing the middle of the field and without it could be a problem. IDK I'd have to watch him a bit more. But either way, these huge investments haven't bitten anyone too hard, this will probably dampen the enthusiasm for big lengthy contracts for QB's around Russ's age.

Edited by purplemonster

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Josh Jacobs went nuclear! 

I was afraid he might not play but it seemed like chance of sitting was low. My only other RB option was Edwards who was also questionable, played in an early game and not nearly as good. So I had my backup plan ready, add some scrub if Jacobs is out (had to find a couple RBs in late games, had Ryan in MNF to drop if needed).

Not only did he suit up but had a career game with over 200 yards (75 over his previous game record). He's had 14 yards or more in 4 games now this year, his 4 highest single game totals. 

He and Murray combined for almost 70 points, my opponent didn't even score 75.