[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Injury News

League_Champion

17 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Najee & Jacobs both limited, questionable for this week. 

Jacobs wasn't expected to practice at all this week while he deals with an injury and recovers from nearly 40 touches last week.

So I'd say him having a limited practice is a positive sign for him playing this week. He's got another late afternoon start, so if he's not active his owners need another option playing in that slot or later. 

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Was reading something earlier but cannot find it now, where coach Stefanski was saying this was a different injury than he had before, or a different leg than the prior ankle injury that caused him to miss time. He's been pretty suspe

That catch he made last week to send it to OT was amazing. That's the stuff we saw in his rookie season, then he'd drop an easy one later on. 

3 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Michael Carter doubtful for Sunday

J Robinson and Bam Knight will split, likely.  Mix in some Ty Johnson.  Moral of the story: Do not start any Jets RBs unless desperately desperate.

Edited by Dcat

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So Mixon practiced but still waiting to be freed from concussion protocol by tomorrow.  
I guess they were not full practices?

Correct I just read that he had a limited practice. Pretty sure that's all they can do while still in the protocol.

Then I found this on my CBS site (Rotowire news), my bolding of what was interesting

Bengals' Joe Mixon: Status up in air for Sunday

30 mins ago | by RotoWire Staff

Mixon, who still is in the concussion protocol as of Friday, is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site reports.

While Mixon didn't practice at all last week before getting ruled out for this past Sunday's contest at Tennessee, he's been able to maintain limited listings on all three injury reports this week. With at least one phase to complete before Cincy can remove him from the protocol for head injuries, his status is up in the air, and Sunday's 4:25 p.m. ET kickoff doesn't do fantasy managers any favors. If Mixon doesn't gain clearance to play, the Bengals again will hand over the backfield to Samaje Perine, who turned 21 touches into 93 yards from scrimmage and one rushing TD in place of the former in Week 12.

23 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

I wouldn't be very upset if Joe Mixon's eggs are still scrambled on Sunday.

I prefer fried myself, regardless, the analogy still applies. I hope for your sake, obviously having Perine, that he's out, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was declared ready for the big KC matchup, along with Chase. 

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon (concussion) is still questionable ahead of the AFC Championship rematch versus the Chiefs. Per ESPN senior NFL insider Adam Schefter, the former Sooner remains in concussion protocol and has not been cleared. Considering the Bengals and Chiefs won't square off until 4:25 pm ET, fantasy managers should plan in advance, especially since Mixon's status may not be revealed until after the 1 pm ET lock time.

38 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

We found out from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport that Jacobs is a true game-time decision in Week 13. Rapoport added that “there is optimism he can play, but no one will know for sure until the workout.” This is the same situation as last week, where Jacobs was superb after passing the pre-game check