[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL coaching carousel 2023 edition

stevegrab

5 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

There you go again, but don't worry, I won't go digging up any of your old posts. Only a d-bag would do that. 

As opposed to trashing players for no good reason...

Just own it. You love to make hot takes & try to get people riled up about it when most of the time you don't really know any better than anyone else here. If you're going to do that, don't get all pissy when somebody calls you out when you're wrong and especially don't make up manure to try to get back at them. :lol:

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I think the longer this drags out the less likely it is that he coaches at all this year. He might not love any of these situations. He's got a nice gig at Fox. 

I'm kinda leaning along the same lines. He may not love any of these openings and decide to stay in the booth one more year. IF that happens I think it may re-open the door for him to come back to New Orleans.

• Like 1

Nathaniel Hackett is the new OC for the NY Jets.  He was terrible as HC in Denver.  His father was one of the worst OCs the NY Jets ever had. The king of calling 3rd and 8 draw plays.  

N Hackett is at least experienced.  There would be no chance of landing a vet QB without an experienced OC. I expect Rodgers speculation to rise, but I'll believe it when I see it.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nathaniel Hackett is the new OC for the NY Jets.  He was terrible as HC in Denver.  His father was one of the worst OCs the NY Jets ever had. The king of calling 3rd and 8 draw plays.  

N Hackett is at least experienced.  There would be no chance of landing a vet QB without an experienced OC. I expect Rodgers speculation to rise, but I'll believe it when I see it.

My money is on Jimmy G. 

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sweet....nothing would be better than Favre and Rodgers being humiliated as Jets. He would not like the media there, and it would be so fun to see him get destroyed. 

• Like 1

The Cowboys have not renewed the contracts of several assistant coaches, as announced by Mike McCarthy who many expect will keep his job. 

Out are assistant head coach Rob Davis, senior defensive assistant George Edwards, assistant defensive line coach Leon Lett, running backs coach Skip Peete, offensive line coach Joe Philbin, and quality control analytics coach Kyle Valero.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cowboys-officially-sever-ties-with-six-assistant-coaches/ar-AA16LTXA?cvid=c8c60d9e1e6d495ba0ead89df8ad0577

On the heels of that news, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that it’s likely Payton doesn’t end up in any of the coaching roles available for next season.

“I’m saying that as of right now, it does not seem like there is a place for Sean Payton,” Rapoport said on NFL Now. “We’ll see, but it does not seem like there is a place in the coaching world right now.”

Could be another part of why Payton didn't want to go to Denver, a power struggle with new ownership who plan to make heavily involved in all the football decisions

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/1/26/23573123/report-sean-payton-fears-a-potential-power-struggle-with-the-broncos-ownership-group

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Could be another part of why Payton didn't want to go to Denver, a power struggle with new ownership who plan to make heavily involved in all the football decisions

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/1/26/23573123/report-sean-payton-fears-a-potential-power-struggle-with-the-broncos-ownership-group

Yeah, I have a feeling that he was never really into any of these jobs. Perhaps he was kicking the tires to see what kind of offers may on the table for next season? 

That probably puts the Saints back into the mix as well. 

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Sweet....nothing would be better than Favre and Rodgers being humiliated as Jets. He would not like the media there, and it would be so fun to see him get destroyed. 

Actually, Favre played well until he blew out his shoulder.  Off the field, Favre was a Dick. His one year stop at the Jets was just his method for getting to be a Viking, something the Packers wouldn't allow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Actually, Favre played well until he blew out his shoulder.  Off the field, Favre was a Dick. His one year stop at the Jets was just his method for getting to be a Viking, something the Packers wouldn't allow. 

He was sending those dikpics to you, or do I have you confused with someone else? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Chuckle.  Whatever he sees a player do last defines the entire career in his mind.  And then he posts that same take on repeat until it doesn't pan out.  

It's like a 24 7 sports infotainment service produced by Lenny from Mice and Men.

Obsess much? We don't know your thoughts because you bring NOTHING to the table. 

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

LOL, just saw this nugget. I can't stand Duncan, but he's absolutely right here.

Like you said the other day, many great coaches (players too) have never won a Super Bowl. One team wins a title, doesn't mean every person with that organization is great and everybody else on the other 31 teams sucks. But that's how some sports fans think.