[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How worried are we about Javonte Williams

nyrangers11

It's only one game and this likelihood of a split backfield, if it stays that way and wasn't just game plan, is exactly why he was a 6th-8th round pick and not a much higher pick. Add in playing from behind for the majority of the 2nd half and the situation was just bad all around for potential RB production.

If it continues this way for a couple weeks, then it's time to worry, but after one week against a stout defense, being a 10/10 on the panic meter is an overreaction

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

It's only one game and this likelihood of a split backfield, if it stays that way and wasn't just game plan, is exactly why he was a 6th-8th round pick and not a much higher pick. Add in playing from behind for the majority of the 2nd half and the situation was just bad all around for potential RB production.

If it continues this way for a couple weeks, then it's time to worry, but after one week against a stout defense, being a 10/10 on the panic meter is an overreaction

Is the Seahawks defense really stout? And how many games will Denver be playing from behind? Likely just about all of them, no?

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

I think it was a bad pick and I am in the same boat. 24th RB off the board and I was OK with it until I watched the game.

One of those ones where you buy into the offseason hype and you know immediately it was a bad pick from first quarter of week 1

He's my rb4 with my rb 2 taken a round later ironically. Najeh and Javonte likely equate to trash even if it is early.

I took Javonte in the 8th and wish I just took another WR instead....and I went WR the first 3 rounds. Ford looks very serviceable in the 9th and I'll worry about Chubbs when he returns in week 9?....

I may very well drop Javonte for McLaughlin of all people just because he's going to be involved in the passing game. 

43 minutes ago, nyrangers11 said:

One of those ones where you buy into the offseason hype and you know immediately it was a bad pick from first quarter of week 1

No. There wasn't hype with him. It was a poor decision on my part. Pollard was there too. My mistake. 

There was a little hype. I was reading some reports saying he was all the way back after whatever ligaments injury he was recovering form last year. It certainly isn't full panic mode yet but it could get there. I was expecting more but it was bad game script. If they are going to use jaleel mclaughlin on most or all 3rd down passing situations though that could be bad with that offense.