[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

Huddle since 1998 when it was a free site and MB since 2003. Had to log on for awhile as PantherDave2. Great site and very knowledgeable staff and members, also widespread fanbase gives the NFL and Fantasy seasons more......more....can't find a word one that fits right now, but let's just say it makes it a better NFL experince all around. :D

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't remember whether it was 01 or 02. Have been using the boards for only 1-1/2yrs. My brother - in - law told me of this site but he really doesn't use the boards. I certainly won't tell him what a good tool it is, he's in my local so the less he knows the better. He pays his money and looks to the start/bench lists. :D

Edited by jgcoach

I started using the boards in '01, but have been a customer of the website in the late 90's.

Not sure if it could be researched or not by last name; Banzali

But correct me if I'm wrong, was not the site free at the beginning?

• 1 month later...
Guest THEbigred
I have more combined banned time than most of you motherflipers have posts..........

98-99, dont remember, dont care. Oodles of user names in the past. The only thing I do remember is a trip to Canookada in 00' when my lovely lolita xpandawench accepted entry into her 3rd input on the 1st attempt. I was however, wearing a Andy Gibb white sweater and holding a bottle of Crown, so that may have been the key.........

:D

837981[/snapback]

Why don't you just admit you WERE xpanda you racist homo.

Been using the Huddle since 98..ah the free days, been on the MB since 03 ( predicted the Cat's SB run-took major heat for it) moved in 04 lost my old member #, also posted as PD 2 for awhile when out of town. Still waiting for my "tube socks" for "Newbie Tool of the year" in 03....... :D

I have more combined banned time than most of you motherflipers have posts..........

837981[/snapback]

I led the board 3 years in a row in getting threads locked and deleted. That was back when you only had 3 people with the thread gun though: DMD, WW, and Karl. Now we have these nameless faceless stangers who ban even the slightest hint of clevage or risque talk. Nearly every single one of my threads of a few years ago would get me banned today under these more stringent guidelines....

Started using the huddle many moons ago. :D I originally used the name Spawn but for some reason I never got that account back. I switched to BIG TEN and the rest is history.

Edited by BigTen

Originally signed up in the fall of 1999. Became a paying member in 2001 with the Silver & Black name and took 3 years to reach 1000 posts. Took a break from the site last July and lost my original login name in the process :D

Now starting over with the new board name...

Started using the huddle many moons ago. :D  I originally used the name Spawn but for some reason I never got that account back.  I switched to BIG TEN and the rest is history.

905340[/snapback]

Huh, I remember that name...never had a clue it was you.

Huh, I remember that name...never had a clue it was you.

905540[/snapback]

Yeah, don't remember why or how I lost the account but when I started with the name BigTen I felt like a noob beacuse I had member #931 :D

Edited by BigTen

:D I was here at least a year, maybe 2 before it went pay. Definitely worth the price. Won my league 3 times out of 7 and only missed playoffs the year I got married.

I have a league mate that is a member, but never posts (to my knowledge). :D He's always threatening to hand out my posts to our league.....bring it on!!! :D:D

Edited by nhoops

Yeah, don't remember why or how I lost the account but when I started with the name BigTen I felt like a noob beacuse I had member #931 :D

905730[/snapback]

Be lucky that your number went to under 1000, as you were 2912 when signing for that.

• 4 months later...

Joined in June 98. Have no idea whether I ever made it to the Hall of Fame, I suspect I would have remembered if I had. I'm glad to see I haven't been forgotten. I passed some very very fun hours typing into this particular bit bucket. Arguing with Big Red, staging the great debate (and losing), winning the first Death Pool.

Been a long time since I posted here. I went with a lot of the other oldtimers to the Sidelines, as a sort of protest against going commercial, but I seem to remember we couldn't quite recapture the magic. The old Huddle had just the right size, the Sidelines was too small of a sandbox. I suspect the Huddle might have grown too large now, just taking a cruise around. Might not have the same gestalt.

Thought I might check in and see who's still around. Might even hang out for a while if it seems entertaining enough. Don't play Fantasy Football anymore, just couldn't stand being let down week after week. But then, the football was only the starting point for the antics on this site back then.

Joined in June 98.  Have no idea whether I ever made it to the Hall of Fame, I suspect I would have remembered if I had. I'm glad to see I haven't been forgotten.  I passed some very very fun hours typing into this particular bit bucket.  Arguing with Big Red, staging the great debate (and losing), winning the first Death Pool.

Been a long time since I posted here.  I went with a lot of the other oldtimers to the Sidelines, as a sort of protest against going commercial, but I seem to remember we couldn't quite recapture the magic.  The old Huddle had just the right size, the Sidelines was too small of a sandbox.  I suspect the Huddle might have grown too large now, just taking a cruise around.  Might not have the same gestalt.

Thought I might check in and see who's still around.  Might even hang out for a while if it seems entertaining enough.  Don't play Fantasy Football anymore, just couldn't stand being let down week after week.  But then, the football was only the starting point for the antics on this site back then.

1212225[/snapback]

Wow ... blast from the past ... you have been seen around these parts for a very long time.