[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The down fall of Dallas

Grits and Shins

A lot of young talent ... you mean like Testaverde, George, Keyshawn, Glenn, Ward and Richie Anderson ... or maybe you meant Darren Woodsen.  We traded our youngest WR, Bryant.

If Henson can't cut it now what makes you think he will cut it next year.  He needs first team reps and he needs them now.

543464[/snapback]

I meant Roy Williams,Witten,Henson,Jones,Newman and the 2 # 1s from next year which of course we dont know yet if they will pan out.I liked Bryant but he wasnt Jerry Rice.Keyshawn has never been one of my favorite athletes but no one can deny his heart and willingness to give up his body and do anything to win.Dallas will be good again.Im sure of it.Lets see todays "hot teams" Cash in like Dallas does when they get good.Pittsburgh is great and could be a force to be reckoned with .The pats are Proven.The eagles are regular season superpowers and Playoff chokers.The colts big 3 havent even sniffed Irvin aikman emmitt Titles.Vikings...See eagles.Henson will get the reps when Bill finally signs off on this year.Maybe Jones comes back and gets a few nice games under his belt and hopefully we can cash in on the 2 #1s next year..

The lack of defense is inexplicable. It does seem to stem from a lack of leadership due to a missing Woodson. One would hate to think that he has that much impact tho.

Georges' inneffectiveness and the loss of Jones has forced Dallas to pass. Unfortunately, the offense wasn't built to be aerial, and the loss of key receviers to injury only makes matters worse. I'm suprised the offense is as effective as it has been.

I hope Jones pans out. And I agree they need to get Henson in there. Without some experience for him, the 'boys will be headed for another mediocre next year. Last year I thought Dallas was doing a decent job building a team from the ground up, but now I'm not so sure of future success with current personnel.

I meant Roy Williams,Witten,Henson,Jones,Newman and the 2 # 1s from next year which of course we  dont know yet if they will pan out.I liked Bryant but he wasnt Jerry Rice.Keyshawn has never been one of my favorite athletes but no one can deny his heart and willingness to give up his body and do anything to win.Dallas will be good again.Im sure of it.Lets see todays "hot teams" Cash in like Dallas does when they get good.Pittsburgh is great and could be a force to be reckoned with .The pats are Proven.The eagles are regular season superpowers and Playoff chokers.The colts big 3 havent even sniffed Irvin aikman emmitt Titles.Vikings...See eagles.Henson will get the reps when Bill finally signs off on this year.Maybe Jones comes back and gets a few nice games under his belt and hopefully we can cash in on the 2 #1s next year..

543524[/snapback]

Williams ... definitely a young stud (defense)

Witten ... definitely a young stud (offense)

Henson ... a failed baseball player who hasn't played football in several or more years and never at the NFL level. He's just as likely to be another Chad Hutchinson.

Jones ... the knock on him coming out of college was that he lacked a work ethic and was lazy. He has yet to start and is already having issues with staying healthy.

Newman ... definitely young, but not a stud ... getting burned regularly and often

That doesn't exactly look like a strong foundation to me.

I bet the Chargers would be willing to trade them Phillip Rivers.

542622[/snapback]

NO!

Who is that chick in your avatar? She makes my pants tight! :D

I am not a Cowboys fan, but aren't they in playoff contention?

TUNA MELTDOWN (link to article)

START TONY ROMO NOW!!!

Dallas is, amazingly enough only 1 game out of the WC race.

Julius Jones may be back from that shoulder injury soon.

And then the last piece of the "Make Dallas is a Playoff Team Now" Puzzle will be installing Romo as the starter at QB.

Go Cowboys!!

Edited by Jrick35

Williams ... definitely a young stud (defense)

Witten ... definitely a young stud (offense)

Henson ... a failed baseball player who hasn't played football in several or more years and never at the NFL level.  He's just as likely to be another Chad Hutchinson.

Jones ... the knock on him coming out of college was that he lacked a work ethic and was lazy.  He has yet to start and is already having issues with staying healthy.

Newman ... definitely young, but not a stud ... getting burned regularly and often

That doesn't exactly look like a strong foundation to me.

546209[/snapback]

Jones Henson and Newman .I agree not proven but have good upside.A lot of rookie corners have growing pains.Ive seen Jammer get burned big time as well.Jones broke his clavicle.Injury proned or not that can happen to anyone .Clavicle isnt conditioning injury.I just feel Parcells will see this thing out long enough to make some noise or have us right on the brink when he leaves.And as Ive said before when Dallas gets good they cash in with superbowls.

Edited by whomper

NO!

Who is that chick in your avatar?  She makes my pants tight! :D

I am not a Cowboys fan, but aren't they in playoff contention?

TUNA MELTDOWN (link to article)

546314[/snapback]

That would be Jessica Biel...not that I really paid much attention to his avatar or anything.

EDIT: Thanks for the link to the article, McBoog!

Edited by Gunther

I have not been keeping up with the details of college talent, the draft or who the Cowboys had on their roster for quite a while, just have not had time.

I was interested, going into the season, in seeing what Julius Jones has to offer. Hopefully he will get healthy and see playing time this year, I'd love to see what he can do...he has to have upside when compared to Eddie George.

I was disenchanted when I saw the parade of ex-Parcells players coming into Dallas. I know that Bill said something like if he was asked to cook the meal, he would like to be able to pick the groceries. But I didn't think that he would go to for the clearance section of the grocery store to peruse the items that were about to hit the expiration date.

The article that McBoog posted a link to had quotes I had heard Bill say on the NFL Network this week. It certainly does not look like we'll see Hensen on the field this year.

I was a bit surprised to see they rank #8 in passing offense (but the ten interceptions make this ranking look like smoke and mirrors).

I watch the Cowboys when they are televised here as much as I can, but I think I'm going to see them get schooled this Monday Night.

Just blame it on Jerry Jones, he had his own cameras on him in the "war room" on draft day. That was the last 3 years, except last year, when Bill told him to go get doughnuts!! It seems like they try to pull the rabbit out of the hat on draft day.. The training camp show on ESPN the last few years, Baltimore and Dallas, I believe, showed just exactly how much POWER J.J. wants and needs. Eddie George was a bust from the getgo..

Did ANY problems (drugs or conduct) arise from Quincy getting let go? The only thing I can think of was his accuracy on the run..

As a Cowboys fan I really must say that I am completely impressed with their ability to remain such a hot topic despite having limped their way to a 3 - 5 reord through half of this season.

I mean think about it. How many other 3 - 5 teams can claim ownership of a thread that has stayed so hot for so long. This thread was started 3 days ago and yet here it sits still near the top of the Huddle's Forum 3 days later.

Love them or hate them, win or lose, the Cowboys are still one of the most talked about franchises in all of sports.

Go Cowboys!!!!

Edited by Jrick35

• 4 weeks later...

Well hasn't it been invigorating to see what a shot in the arm young talent like Julius Jones can be to the offense. It's the exact same offense except Eddie George has been removed and Julius Jones added and bada-bing we have a heck of a running game. Speaks volumes about how much gas Eddie has left in the tank. Maybe I was wrong and trading down and "settling" for Julius was the right move after all. :FingersCrossed:

Too bad the NFC sucks so bad that after 2 wins in a row and sitting at 5-7, Dallas is only one freaking game out of the last wild card. And to make matters worse Dallas has the H2H advantage over 3 of the 6 other teams vying for the last wildcard and with wins over Washington and the Giants would probably take the tie-breaker over the Giants too. Why is that bad? Because Big Bill still thinks we can make the playoffs and holds out hope that if we do we could actually win a game or too. That means we are stuck with Testaverde unless we start losing or other NFC teams start winning.

So with these matchups in week 14:

CHI (5-7) at JAC

DET (5-7) at GBP

NOS (5-7) at DAL (5-7)

SEA (6-6) at MIN (7-5)

STL (6-6) at CAR (5-7)

I'd be willing to bet Chicago loses to drop to 5-8, Detroit loses to drop to 5-8 and New Orleans loses to drop to 5-8 moving Dallas to 6-7. I'd also bet Seattle loses dropping to 6-7. Not sure how the Carolina - St. Louis game is going to go ... but going with home field advantage and with Bulger out I will give the edge to Carolina. If all that happens these would be the standings

STL (6-7) - division lead, not wild card

MIN (8-5)

CAR (6-7)

DAL (6-7)

SEA (6-7)

CHI (5-8)

DET (5-8)

NOS (5-8)

Then Dallas would be 1 of 3 teams tied for the last wild card spot. No Henson, no Romo ... more Testaverde.

Testaverde is NOT the QB of the future ... all there is already talk that he may start again next year :eek: ... we need to find out NOW if Henson is the answer.

I agree. If Dallas gets into the playoffs, they will lose in the first round, and the likelyhood of them getting in is slim. Bill is screwing up the teams future trying to win this year, with a team that he can only take so far. As a Dallas fan, I hope that Dallas looses next week, and everyone else wins, so Parcells would be forced to play Henson, to see what he has.

You gotta wonder what their record would be if we had Jones all year.Im not annointing him Walter payton but he looks like he has the goods and has inspired the team a little.Great draft day move if he can keep it up.two number 1s will go to good use..I like Bills attitude of not giving up yet.Vinny definetely gives you a better chance to win..

I Henson does not start and play the entire game for the remainder of the games Bill needs to be fired.  Vinny is an old horse that needs to be put out to pasture, or taken to the glue mill.

607582[/snapback]

Agreed. The Boys need to see what they have for next year... and the next...