[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU gaining ground on USC

Sgt. Ryan

Last weeks BCS had OU tied with USC in the computers, both tied at 1. and USC had a .9895 to OU .9648.

Now OU is alone in first in the computers and USC is 2nd. USC now has a total of .9847 to OU .9664

Auburn lost ground from 9238 to 9097. Auburn also dropped in pts in the Coaches and AP poll, as did USC, while OU gained ground on USC and distanced itself even more from Auburn. If and thats a big if, Auburn wins out. They still don't jump OU or USC and those 2 if they win out play for all the marbles. Im rooting for USC and OU of course to win out. I want to see this game. Want to see if USC can keep up with OU on offense. OU is vulnerable to the deep ball, but USC doesnt have anyone who can track it down with any speed whatsoever. Jarrett is not overly fast, and USC throws too often to their backs and Tes and WRs short. That plays right into OUs defense. I think it will be a helluva game, and hope like hell it happens this yr.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last weeks BCS had OU tied with USC in the computers, both tied at 1.  and USC had a .9895 to OU .9648.

Now OU is alone in first in the computers and USC is 2nd.  USC now has a total of .9847 to OU .9664

Auburn lost ground from 9238 to 9097.  Auburn also dropped in pts in the Coaches and AP poll, as did USC, while OU gained ground on USC and distanced itself even more from Auburn.  If and thats a big if, Auburn wins out.  They still don't jump OU or USC and those 2 if they win out play for all the marbles.  Im rooting for USC and OU of course to win out.  I want to see this game.  Want to see if USC can keep up with OU on offense.  OU is vulnerable to the deep ball, but USC doesnt have anyone who can track it down with any speed whatsoever.  Jarrett is not overly fast, and USC throws too often to their backs and Tes and WRs short.  That plays right into OUs defense.  I think it will be a helluva game, and hope like hell it happens this yr.

542985[/snapback]

I thought Auburn was supposed to over-take OU this week in the BCS. :D

I want to see that game too. I will be in the Coliseum to see USC clinch at least the Rose this Saturday vs. AZ for Homecoming. Then after a bye week its ND and UCLA also here in L.A. (I don't consider the Rose to be a real road game,) to clinch the Orange.

Shouldn't be too hard....

Auburn is toast after this week, and OU vs USC is a lock if they both win out. 

If Wisconsin played in the Big 12 South they would have 4 loses already, hell Michigan would crush Wisconsin, just like Iowa  would have spanked OSU a few yrs back.  Its actually funny how pathetic this conference is.  The top 2 teams 2 of 4 yrs wont meet on the field.  Rediculous.

543892[/snapback]

I agree Sarge, It sucks the big ten doesnt have a Conference chapionship. But pathetic, thats a little harsh. Penn State use to think like u do, and look at them now. Last year all that ripping you did on the big ten, and the 2nd place team in the big ten beat the big 12 champ. U have alot of good points, but sometimes your way off base. Maybe your right this year, nobody seems to be giving the big ten any love.

Not only do the Big 10 and Pac10 not have championship games, with only 8 conference games we don't play all the other teams in conference either. For two years now USC has missed the Ducks - and I still want revenge for the years when Belotti's teams kicked our ass. And if not for a dropped pass vs. Cal this week, the Ducks might've been playing for the Rose.

Maybe next year the Ducks will come to town and receive the whipping they deserve by the Trojans....

The Big Ten is pathetic? Why don't we start comparing head to head records in bowl games between the Big 10 and the Big 12. Ohio State beat that same Kansas State team that took OU's ass to the woodshed. In 2002, the Big Tens 8th place team beat the Big 12 North Champion Colorado. Anyone remember 1998, when Purdue beat the almost national champion Kansas State team? Or maybe we should look at the 2001 Alamo Bowl when the high powered Texas Tech offense was gonna torch the Iowa Hawkeyes, but then got held to 16 points.

What makes the Big 12 so *** special this year anway. The Big 12 North IS pathetic, and the Big 12 South doesn't look so menacing. Who are the big non conference wins against? Oregon and Arkansas? Texas A & M is so good they lost to Utah and Baylor. What made the Big 12 so good last year? 2 Bowl wins? Yeah real good. Since the Big 12's inception the Big 12 has beaten the Big Ten twice in bowl games. Nebraska vs lowly Northwestern in 2000, and Nebraska over a decent Michigan State team. Other than that, the Big Ten has dominated the Big 12. And we all saw what happened in 2001 when Oregon beat the he|| outta your big bad champion Colorado, while Nebraska got embarassed by Miami, and Oklahoma struggled to beat a mediocre Arkansas team. Don't give me this Big 12 is better than the Big Ten crap. The facts just don't hold any water.

The Big Ten is pathetic? Why don't we start comparing head to head records in bowl games between the Big 10 and the Big 12. Ohio State beat that same Kansas State team that took OU's ass to the woodshed. In 2002, the Big Tens 8th place team beat the Big 12 North Champion Colorado. Anyone remember 1998, when Purdue beat the almost national champion Kansas State team? Or maybe we should look at the 2001 Alamo Bowl when the high powered Texas Tech offense was gonna torch the Iowa Hawkeyes, but then got held to 16 points.

What makes the Big 12 so *** special this year anway. The Big 12 North IS pathetic, and the Big 12 South doesn't look so menacing. Who are the big non conference wins against? Oregon and Arkansas? Texas A & M is so good they lost to Utah and Baylor. What made the Big 12 so good last year? 2 Bowl wins? Yeah real good. Since the Big 12's inception the Big 12 has beaten the Big Ten twice in bowl games. Nebraska vs lowly Northwestern in 2000, and Nebraska over a decent Michigan State team. Other than that, the Big Ten has dominated the Big 12. And we all saw what happened in 2001 when Oregon beat the he|| outta your big bad champion Colorado, while Nebraska got embarassed by Miami, and Oklahoma struggled to beat a mediocre Arkansas team. Don't give me this Big 12 is better than the Big Ten crap. The facts just don't hold any water.

545930[/snapback]

Who are you? Where'd you come from? Why don't you try an original thought next time? You may want to cruise through some of these threads and try to familiarize yourself with what's been going on with the college forums before you spout of something that you feel is prolific when it's really just some mediocre garbage we've all seen at least 50 times in the past 6 months.

Ahh I see. To me, the only garbage I see is an abundance of Big 12 a$$ lickers with nothing to back it up. Enjoy your little cushions of high preseason rankings, soft schedules, and more bowl a$$ whippings by teams from the Big Ten, Pac 10, and SEC. You know, the REAL conferences. Then come back next year, and get more of the same. It's like clock work.

Ahh I see. To me, the only garbage I see is an abundance of Big 12 a$$ lickers with nothing to back it up. Enjoy your little cushions of high preseason rankings, soft schedules, and more bowl a$$ whippings by teams from the Big Ten, Pac 10, and SEC. You know, the REAL conferences. Then come back next year, and get more of the same. It's like clock work.

546034[/snapback]

I am really starting to like this guy! B)

But you must learn quickly that NO ONE must state any facts about bowl games and the Big 12 :D It is not allowed on the Huddle Big 12 bo.....er uh, I mean on the College football board. Bowl games do not matter. Only games in the Big 12 conference and how many yards/TD's can be racked up against weak teams in said conference will be discussed. PERIOD. Any other thoughts and/or opinions will be trashed, ridiculed, and torn apart. Especially ANYTHING to do with the Big 10 in general and Ohio State in particular. Don't you know that if your team has a suck $ss year they are now the worst team to ever lace up cleats? Nothing done in the past matters, unless it involves Oklahoma. Then it is excuses and if onlys about winning championships. If only White wasn't hurt, etc. etc. So if you want to continue posting here, you better learn the rules!! :D

All cheer the WAC-12! I mean lets look at OU. No talents like Woods throw for huge games against the Sooners. Even if Auburn doesn't get in the title game (Auburn would KILL OU) Matt Leinart is going to torch the Sooners like they've never seen. The WAC 12 in 2004 is one of the worst major conferences in the last 20 years in college football. All these OU Sooners here will eventually have to deal with a major beating from whatever team they run into in a bowl game, regardless of where it is and who it is against. All you OU guys that are just praying that Auburn will lose to UGA this weekend and telling blatant lies about Auburn losing points in the AP and Coaches Polls this week to you all should know this, Auburn would CRUSH Oklahoma, much like LSU did last year. OU wouldn't beat Wisconsin or Michigan or Georgia or Utah or Boise or any other top 15-20 team outside of the WAC 12. Keep telling yourself OU's poll numbers aren't going down. I mean, if you are going to make up facts, why not just say OU got every first place vote ever today!

Edited by PatrickL

OSU my school? What you been smokin? You think I like them? I hope MoCla takes the whole school down. Born an Auburn fan, raised an Auburn fan, graduated from Auburn, so I must be an Ohio State fan? Clearly you've got me confused with someone else Lil Sarge.

Lets examine what our friend the Lil Sarge has just stated

From Sarge: "LMAO, we dont here from this idiot all yr, and the day M Clarett makes and embarassment out of his school, he comes out firing. Glad to have you back Lil L"

response: My school is Ohio State? Where in the blue h3ll do you get that? I've posted, check around, clearly you've got me confused with someone else and you are the idiot :) I'd enjoy it much if Clarett took down that cheating institution....

From Sarge: "First off the Big 10 is a joke. Wisconsin doesnt even play Michigan, so there is huge doubts who is even the best team of this conference. Second like every yr about 5 teams are in the polls top 25, and now there are only 3. Third the Big 12 have 2 teams in the top 6, and the highest in the Big 12 is ranked above teh Big 10, second highest in the Big 12 and ranked higher than the Big 10. Fourth there are 4 Big 12 teams in the BCS, only 3 Big 10 teams. So dont tell me *** about how strong the Big 10 is. OU, Texas would go undefeated in the Big 10, just as they have the Big 12 if Texas didnt have to play OU, like the 2 best schools in the Big 10. Wisconsin is a joke, they have beaten no one and will go to a BCS game and get embarassed, when the best team in the Big 10, Michigan will be left out of the BCS party. How sad is that."

response: I'm not going to debate you, Big 10 sucks. But Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa would all crush the Sooners. Texas would go 7-4 in the Big 10, OU maybe 8-3. The Big 12 has two teams in the top six because Texas and OU were overrated like crazy in the preseason and will be exposed in bowl games.

From Sarge: "Now, as for auburn, I could care less if they win or lose, they dropped points in the BCS from week 3 to week 4, and OU gained ground on USC. Ou is the best team in college football without question. Could USc stop OU on defense, that is a resounding hell no. That secondary is as slow as any I have ever seen. Could USc pass deep on OU, there only weakness on defense, with their best cover corner A perkins out the past 3 weeks, no. USC doesnt have a vertical game, and those dump off passes, passes to the TE will be taken away, and USC will have no change vs OU on offense. Auburn is another one dimensial team, that would get eaten up alive vs the OU defense. They have no vertical passing game, and no running back has hit the century mark on OU this year and that aint about to change. Auburn couldnt stop OU, and couldnt score more than 10 pts on their defense."

response: You stated earlier that Auburn lost polls points to OU when in fact Auburn gained on OU and you failed to address your lies. As far as OU being the best team in college football without question, you are just kidding yourself. USC will dust OU if someone else doesn't. Oklahoma State doesn't have a vertical game, but they sure found one against Oklahoma. There are 10 teams two touchdowns or better than Oklahoma. Auburn only has one dimension? Jason Campbell is the third rated passer in the country and would SHRED OU's weak defense. A likely Auburn/OU Score would be something like Auburn 41 OU 13. OU can't stop anyone anymore and Auburn has a really good D to go against that offense that hasn't faced a stiff D since LSU in the Sugar Bowl and we saw how that turned out.

From sarge: "For all you haters out there that fail to look, OUs best CB has been out the past 3 weeks, and teams have exposed their backup CB early and often. Perkins will be back soon, and to top it off, OU burned the redshirt of true freshman sensation A Walker in the 3rd quarter last week, who would start for any team in the country as a true freshman at CB. Texas A@m scored on a fake FG, its only points of the second half. So Id say they more than shut down what A@m was doing in the first half. OU is getting healthy on defense, and is starting to click at the perfect time on offense. No defense in the country can stop Ou for 4 quarters. No defense in the country can stop AP from getting his 100 yds if hes healthy. And no defense in the country can stop all the weapons Jason White has on offense. This is the most balanced offense in the country, and the most dominate. The Ou defense is no worse than it was in 2000 when it shut out Fla St in Miami for a National Championship. This team is better than the 2000 team, but will face a better USc team than Fla St. It should be a helluva game."

response: This OU defense is much worse than the 2000 bunch, which got lucky to face the Criminoles without Snoop Minnis (shoulda been facing Miami anyway). There are several defenses in the country that would expose Jason White just like LSU did. I'd love to see what Adrian Peterson could do against a real defense.

From sarge: "So all yoru haters keep running your mouth, fact is OU and USC are the 2 best teams and they will play in Miami in January and OU will win the National Championship in a great game. "

response: Did you not see the OU players this week trying to talk their way into a higher ranking when their play on the field just don't justify. I mean they almost got beat by a team that got SMOKED by Utah and then beat by BAYLOR. I'm not convinced that Baylor, Nebraska or someone in the WAC 12 Championship game won't knock OU off.

From sarge: "Auburn is going down this week, and Wisconsin will lose to Cal in the rose Bowl. Utah wont sniff the BCS and really wouldnt beat any of the other top 10 teams and dont deserve to be in the BCS."

response: Auburn may go down this week, Georgia is a good team, but I'll take Auburn 28-24. Utah won't sniff the BCS and that is a shame b/c the Utes could dust the Sooners and the Longhorns.

Conclusion: The Sarge will be very disappointed at some point in January. Some team is going to kick the crap out of Oklahoma between now and then. Just sit back and enjoy!

Once again Lil' sarge, you claim the Big Ten is weak every year. Yet the Big Ten whips the Big 12 every year. Get some facts bro. Don't give me rankings, give me RESULTS. Where are the RESULTS???!?! You don't have any. OU has played a soft schedule, the best team they've beaten is Texas, who will probably choke in his bowl game like usual, (cept for his big win over LSU in 02). Okie State and A & M will both prolly lose there bowl game as well, and don't even get me started on the Big 12 North. That leaves OU. OU better pray they don't have to face USC or Auburn. Either one will torch your a$$es. I'm not saying OU is a bad team, just the third best team in the nation. They were pre ranked high, so they get the luxery of playing in a weak conference, and racking up wins and remaining high. Look at Auburn, they play in the SEC, which IMO is by far and away the best conference this year. They had to work there way through. I might very well be proven wrong, but I've seen nothing from Oklahoma to suggest that they are this wonderful unstoppable team.

My only point is, why you calling the Big Ten pathetic, when the Big 12 has done nothing against the Big Ten this year, or since 1996 when the Big 12 began?

Im still waiting for you to get back to me as why the Big Ten is weak the last 3 years. Was it last year when our 2nd place team beat the Big 12 Champion, the same team that OU didn't even deserve to be on the same field with in Kansas State. Maybe it was 2002 when the Big Ten went 5-2 in Bowls, won the national title, had our 8th place Wisconsin team beat your Big 12 North Champion Colorado team, and had 3 teams finish the year in the Top 10? 2001, the Big Ten sucked but in the one head to head Bowl match up between the Big Ten and Big 12, Iowa shut down the same Kliff Kingsbury led Texas Tech team that lit everyone up in the Big 12. And, I won't even both touching what happend to Colorado and Nebraska.

So tell me SAAAAARGE, where are the results to show that the Big Ten was weak the last 3 years? Better yet, where are the results to show why the Big 12 wasn't?

Kansas State wasn't better than Oklahoma? Well I think clearly that is a false statement. You're playing the woulda, shoulda, coulda game, cuz deep down you know that OU wasn't as good as advertised last year. Kansas State embarassed the Sooners. I mean that's like saying, that Nebrasa was really better than Colorado in 2001. Once again, you look at what might be, I look at results. KSU killed OU. Texas lost to a weak Washington State team. RESULTS, NOT MYTHS. Get over yourself Sarge, you lose.

How in the blue hell am i a bandwagoner just b/c I don't post about AU on here everyday. If you look hard enough you'll clearly see many AU post by me. Mostly replies. Whatever. Going to every home game but one since 1987 and many road games in between makes me a bandwagoner. Someone is gonna thrash the Sooners little sarge, get ready.

Kansas State wasn't better than Oklahoma? Well I think clearly that is a false statement. You're playing the woulda, shoulda, coulda game, cuz deep down you know that OU wasn't as good as advertised last year. Kansas State embarassed the Sooners. I mean that's like saying, that Nebrasa was really better than Colorado in 2001. Once again, you look at what might be, I look at results. KSU killed OU. Texas lost to a weak Washington State team. RESULTS, NOT MYTHS. Get over yourself Sarge, you lose.

547627[/snapback]

Scoreboard. Ou is ranked #2 in the country, has 2 Heisman Trophy candidates, has beaten Texas 5 straight yrs played for 2 NC in the last 4 yrs and won it all in 2000. And this is all in the Bob Stoops era. What has Auburn ever, and I mean ever done.

KSU won the game vs OU last yr, it was as big an upset ever in college football history. Im not doubting they didnt win the game, but are you telling me the Dolphins are 17 pts better than the Rams. Any given Sunday, for this argument Saturday.

The argument here isn't about Oklahoma and what they've accomplished. I know all about Bob Stoops. He's an Iowa alum. The argument is the Big 12. 5 straight wins over Texas. Good accomplishment, but not only has Mack Brown choked against OU, but he's choked in many bowl games as well. Beating Texas isn't that big of a deal to those outside of Texas and Oklahoma. National Championship in 2000 was great, congrats. I am not doubting Oklahomas history.

If Kansas State won in a close game last year, then yeah maybe we'd say Any Given Saturday, but Kansas State made Oklahoma look like a high school team full of catholic school girls. It was no contest. They were manhandled in every aspect, and against LSU, the same thing happened, the game was worse than the actual score.

If all you have to stand on is beating Texas, and having 2 heisman trophy candidates (against weak competition) then you'll get a big wake up call against SC or Auburn.

And you still dodge the question about why the Big Ten was so weak the last 3 years. What measurement do you go by? What the experts say in preseason, or what the results say at the end of the season? If you go by the preseason experts, than yeah, the Big 12 is BY FAR the greatest conference ever assembled. The results prove otherwise. The Big Ten has been the superior conference year in and year out. Just wait, it'll all smack you in the face again, like it did in 2002, when everyone left the Big Ten for dead cuz they had 2 undefeated teams (just assumed the rest of the conference was weak). Sound familiar? Just wait. Thankfully for the Big 12, they only have 1 bowl tie in with the Big Ten.

OSU my school? What you been smokin? You think I like them? I hope MoCla takes the whole school down. Born an Auburn fan, raised an Auburn fan, graduated from Auburn, so I must be an Ohio State fan? Clearly you've got me confused with someone else Lil Sarge.

546309[/snapback]

:D I did a fact check. You indeed did profess your allegience to Auburn in several posts since joining here in 2002, including this.

Why are the Lil 10 conferences weak????????

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT PLAY A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THEY DID CAL WOULD PROBALY FACE USC AGAIN, AND MICHIGAN MIGHT GET WISC. BUT HELL WE WE NEVER KNOW BECAUSE THE CONFERENCES THEMSELVES (NOT THE TEAMS) ARE PUSSIES!!!!!!! THEY ARE SCARED THAT A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MIGHT ELIMINATE ONE OF THERE TEAMS FROM A BCS BOWL AND THE 14 MILLION DOLLAR PAYCHECK FOR THE CONFERENCE!!!! GROW THE F U C K UP AND GET 1 MORE BIG 10, 2 MORE IN THE PAC 10, AND THEN LETS SEE HOW THE SEASON PLAYS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw just thought I asked how many N Chapionships/SEC Championships has Auburn won????????

Why are the Lil 10 conferences weak????????

BECAUSE THEY DO NOT PLAY A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THEY DID CAL WOULD PROBALY FACE USC AGAIN, AND MICHIGAN MIGHT GET WISC. BUT HELL WE WE NEVER KNOW BECAUSE THE CONFERENCES THEMSELVES (NOT THE TEAMS) ARE PUSSIES!!!!!!! THEY ARE SCARED THAT A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MIGHT ELIMINATE ONE OF THERE TEAMS FROM A BCS BOWL AND THE 14 MILLION DOLLAR PAYCHECK FOR THE CONFERENCE!!!! GROW THE F U C K UP AND GET 1 MORE BIG 10, 2 MORE IN THE PAC 10, AND THEN LETS SEE HOW THE SEASON PLAYS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw just thought I asked how many N Chapionships/SEC Championships has Auburn won????????

548538[/snapback]

This arguement does not hold up. If Oklahoma wins out (which I suspect they will). Who will they play in the Big12 Championship? Iowa State or Nebraska. These two teams are maybe the 6th and 7th best teams in the Big12. The conference championship is gaining you NOTHING. It is nothing more than a conference game. If the championship game pitted the number 1 vs number 2 team in the entire conference, then I would agree that there is some validity to your point. But as it looks to the outside observer, the Big12 stacked the South division and purposely put the weaker teams into the North division. Therefore they can get all the MONEY from the conference championship game without the risk of one of the good schools from that conerence losing a chance at a BCS game. Now I know that K-State came up huge and beat OU last year (great game by the way) but that was not supposed to happen. In fact that has happen a couple of times in the short history of the Big12, but the intent is still there. The problem does not lie in Conference Championships (although I am all for one in the Big 10 if it would put no 1 vs no 2) it lies in the roots of the college football ranking/bowl system. It is all about money. I think the only way to solve this is a playoff. Why couldn't the conference championship games be the first round of the playoffs? Take the conf champ from the Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, SEC, ACC, and the 2 highest ranked teams that remain (regardless of conference) and have a 3 game playoff. It will never happen, but at least it is a happy thought.

Regardless my Buckeyes would not be even close this year. Independance bowl here we come. :D