[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU gaining ground on USC

Sgt. Ryan

MAYBE THIS YEAR, OU MIGHT DESERVE TO BE IN THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND SC WILL KICK THEIR ASS! IF THE BIG 12 WAS WORTH A *** OU WOULD HAVE LOST BY NOW

548829[/snapback]

OU would go undefeated in any conference in the country.

The Big 10 is weak because the ttop 2 teams will never meet. There is no way possible that happens in the Big 12. every team in the South plays every team in the south, every team in the north plays every team in the north. if you are the best in the north and dont play the best in the south in the reg season, you meet in the Championship game. But the same Championship game can hurt the best team if they play a weaker team and get knocked off as they did a yr ago. Michigan and Wisconsin can both say they are the best in the Big 10 and they will never play to find out how. Id much rather take the chance of the Big Dog getting knocked off by the ba@stard spetchild as was the case a yr ago when OU played KSU, than to have 2 undefeated teams in the same conference and they never meet to settle things. The Big 10 is weak, imo because the Sooners team could beat an a big 10 allstar team. You take the best players in the whole Big 10 and that all-star team would get humiliated by my Sooners. I seriously believe 4 Big 12 South teams win that conference and maybe 3 of them go undefeated. How do I back it up, I watch enough games to see the Big 10 is clearly a slower brand of football, and Im not so sure they are any more smashmouth than the Sooners, Horns or Pokes from Okie St. Those 3 offenses would score 50 on just about anyone in that conference. Scoring is up in the Big 12 because of this. All 3 of those teams have dominating OL and they run the ball at will. Vs a slower Big 10 team those 3 teams probably have a time of position of 40 minutes in routs.

Now as for Auburn, I could care less about Auburn. They play in the SEC which is suppose to be the best conference, but Im not so sure top end they are. I think the Big 12 and Pac 10 have at least 2 teams that win that conference over anyone currently in it. Fla is clearly a joke, as is Ark this yr. LSU isnt nearly as strong as it was, and Tenn just got beat again, this time to Notre Dame. Auburn isnt the best team yet they may win the conference after they lose to GA. Ga choked a game away vs Tenn, and is the best team in the SEC. But unless Tenn loses 2 SEC games, they will go to the SEC Championship over GA. The Big 10 and Pac ten is clearly not this way. They have no Championship game. They can lose a reg season game and still be Pac 10 or Big 10 Champs. In the SEC and Big 12, you better be perfect vs your division, south or north or you wont get into the Championship game. Look at Texas, they are the #6 team in the Country and have only 1 loss to #2 OU, but they play in the South and wont sniff the Big 12 Championship game, but a team with a terrible record in the Big 12 north will get a shot at the Sooners who may not even be bowl eligible.

All in all, when you have conference champions they should win it on the field. If Wisconsin and Michigan remain undefeated in Big 10 play, that wont be the case. Luckily USC played Cal, or there would be 2 undefeated teams in the pac 10 and a whole nother mess to deal with, on who is more deserving of Pac 10 Champion.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This arguement does not hold up.  If Oklahoma wins out (which I suspect they will).  Who will they play in the Big12 Championship?  Iowa State or Nebraska.  These two teams are maybe the 6th and 7th best teams in the Big12.  The conference championship is gaining you NOTHING.  It is nothing more than a conference game.  If the championship game pitted the number 1 vs number 2 team in the entire conference, then I would agree that there is some validity to your point.  But as it looks to the outside observer, the Big12 stacked the South division and purposely put the weaker teams into the North division.  Therefore they can get all the MONEY from the conference championship game without the risk of one of the good schools from that conerence losing a chance at a BCS game.  Now I know that K-State came up huge and beat OU last year (great game by the way) but that was not supposed to happen.  In fact that has happen a couple of times in the short history of the Big12, but the intent is still there.  The problem does not lie in Conference Championships (although I am all for one in the Big 10 if it would put no 1 vs no 2) it lies in the roots of the college football ranking/bowl system.  It is all about money.  I think the only way to solve this is a playoff.  Why couldn't the conference championship games be the first round of the playoffs?  Take the conf champ from the Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, SEC, ACC, and the 2 highest ranked teams that remain (regardless of conference) and have a 3 game playoff.  It will never happen, but at least it is a happy thought.

Regardless my Buckeyes would not be even close this year.  Independance bowl here we come. :D

548814[/snapback]

This is flat out insane. The Big 12 stacked the South and purposedly put the weaker teams in the north. When the Big 12 was formed it was the North, Colorado, Nebraksa and KSU that were the dominate teams and the Sooners, Horns and Pokes were clearly many steps behind. Times have changed and the balance has shifted in the conference. That statement is as ignornant as I have heard since Ive been here. The Big 12 South is Texas and Oklahoma Teams, the southern schools. The big 12 north is Nebraksa, Colorado, KSU, Kansas, Iowa St and Missouri, the northern state schools. Thus its called the North division and the South division of the Big 12.

The point of a Championship game is to avoid 2 undefeated teams in the conference from not settling it on the field. It just so happens the 2 best teams in the Big 12 have already played, and one is no longer unbeaten in conference play. But if Colorado, Iowa St or Missouri were undefeated in Big 12 play and OU didnt have them on their reg season schedule, Ou would meet them in the Championship game to determine a Champion, and avoid the mess that has now happened twice in the last 3 yrs where 2 teams went undefeated in Big 10 play and they didnt settle it on the field. Well this season isnt over yet, but potentially this occurs again, as it did happen in 02 when Iowa and OSU didnt play and both went undefeated.

So the Big Ten is weak because it has 2 undefeated teams? That makes a lot of sense. No a conference is weak, when they get beat by teams from other conferences. You judge that in bowl games. And when you look at that, the Big 12 has been VERY weak since 1996. I'm not saying they are bad, but when you compare them to other conferences, the Big 12 is weak.

I am a proponent of conference championship games, but, if you're soul reason for having one is for money (which it is) then you should accept the consequences if you should lose. Under the current BCS system, where only 2 teams get to play for a national title, then you should have to win your conference championship to make it to the big game. Auburn could lose this weekend, and still beat Oklahoma if they play. See, if Auburn loses to Georgia, Georgia is the better team, but when Oklahoma gets KILLED by Kansas State, Oklahoma is the better team. That is Sooner education logic for ya.

Nothing would make me happier than to allow the top 8 teams in the country according to the BCS play a playoffs. And if you are in the ACC, Big 10, SEC or where ever and have 3 loses and are not in the top 8, you are eliminated from the tournament. Only the top 8 teams in the country according to the BCS.

Settle it on the field.

We can all hope to see this in our lifetime.

So the Big Ten is weak because it has 2 undefeated teams? That makes a lot of sense. No a conference is weak, when they get beat by teams from other conferences. You judge that in bowl games. And when you look at that, the Big 12 has been VERY weak since 1996. I'm not saying they are bad, but when you compare them to other conferences, the Big 12 is weak.

I am a proponent of conference championship games, but, if you're soul reason for having one is for money (which it is) then you should accept the consequences if you should lose. Under the current BCS system, where only 2 teams get to play for a national title, then you should have to win your conference championship to make it to the big game. Auburn could lose this weekend, and still beat Oklahoma if they play. See, if Auburn loses to Georgia, Georgia is the better team, but when Oklahoma gets KILLED by Kansas State, Oklahoma is the better team. That is Sooner education logic for ya.

548879[/snapback]

Hardly, Ou read its press clippings last yr and showed up flat in the game. It was embarassing to watch, and White got hurt in the game. the Sooners looked as if they didnt show up. I agree there. But if you tell me if those 2 teams played 10 teams KSU would win more than 1, Id call you a liar.

Now Ga vs Auburn, Ga would probably beat Auburn 6 of 10 times on a neutral field, which tells me they are the better team. But they get 1 shot to prove it, and that is this weekend, and I think they get it done.

I also disagree if you dont win your conference you shouldnt get a chance to play for the title. That would mean only 6 teams were in the playoffs, and what if you ahve a 3 loss Big 10 team and a 3 loss ACC team make it over a 1 loss Texas or a 1 loss Cal. that certainly aint right. And further more in the NFL they use a system called the Wild Card. Are you telling me if you dont win yoru division you dont deserve to play for the Super Bowl. Blah. I dont think so....

I also disagree if you dont win your conference you shouldnt get a chance to play for the title.  That would mean only 6 teams were in the playoffs, and what if you ahve a 3 loss Big 10 team and a 3 loss ACC team make it over a 1 loss Texas or a 1 loss Cal.  that certainly aint right.  And further more in the NFL they use a system called the Wild Card.  Are you telling me if you dont win yoru division you dont deserve to play for the Super Bowl.  Blah.  I dont think so....

548889[/snapback]

That is exactly the way I described it above. The conference winners from each of the BCS conferences and then the 2 highest ranked (read wildcard) teams that are left REGARDLESS OF CONFERENCE. Which could put 3 teams from one conference in, unlikely, but possible. That is the same as the NFL. I would love to see this happen, but don't think it is ever likely.

BTW, after rereading my post and reading your reply, I was probably just a bit hasty in saying they purposefully stacked it for the South, it just seems that the only winners from the north other than Nebraska are very very tight wins while most of the south wins are blowouts.

First of all, I said that UNDER THE CURRENT SYSTEM, where only 2 teams make it, you should have to win your conference to be one of those 2 teams. If there were a 8 team playoff, then yeah, we could start talking about teams that DIDNT take care of business. This 9 of 10 games crap is getting old. KSTATE KILLED OU. OU LOST. They don't play 10 times, they play once. K State won, OU lost. Auburn and Georgia will play once.

And who are you, to tell any of us, which team WOULD win 9 of 10 times, or 6 of 10 times. IT DOESNT MATTER! Your opinion don't mean jack sh|t to me, and I'm sure mine doesn't either, but here's to ya. I say Michigan would beat Oklahoma 6 of 10 times on a neutral field. I say Wisconsin and Iowa would beat them every time in Camp Randall or Kinnick, and 6 of 10 times on a neutral field. And I say Auburn and USC would beat Jokelahoma 10 of 10 times on ANY field. Hows that!?

This arguement does not hold up.  If Oklahoma wins out (which I suspect they will).  Who will they play in the Big12 Championship?  Iowa State or Nebraska.  These two teams are maybe the 6th and 7th best teams in the Big12.  The conference championship is gaining you NOTHING.  It is nothing more than a conference game.  If the championship game pitted the number 1 vs number 2 team in the entire conference, then I would agree that there is some validity to your point.  But as it looks to the outside observer, the Big12 stacked the South division and purposely put the weaker teams into the North division.  Therefore they can get all the MONEY from the conference championship game without the risk of one of the good schools from that conerence losing a chance at a BCS game.  Now I know that K-State came up huge and beat OU last year (great game by the way) but that was not supposed to happen.  In fact that has happen a couple of times in the short history of the Big12, but the intent is still there.  The problem does not lie in Conference Championships (although I am all for one in the Big 10 if it would put no 1 vs no 2) it lies in the roots of the college football ranking/bowl system.  It is all about money.  I think the only way to solve this is a playoff.  Why couldn't the conference championship games be the first round of the playoffs?  Take the conf champ from the Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, SEC, ACC, and the 2 highest ranked teams that remain (regardless of conference) and have a 3 game playoff.  It will never happen, but at least it is a happy thought.

Regardless my Buckeyes would not be even close this year.  Independance bowl here we come. :D

548814[/snapback]

The whole conference spilits the $$$$$$$ not just the team that goes!!!!!! Thats why alot of fans want Baylor out!!! whens the last time they went to a bowl????

Regardless of this year look at last year KSU beats OU.... that elimantes UT from a BCS berth....I suggest you do you homework as to how the BCS bowls are divyed(sp) up and the way the $$$ works. Bottom line is that the pac 10 and Big 10 will never be the Pac12 or Big 12 because the conferences (not the teams) are pussies!!!!!! A champion ship game could possibly eliminate a BCS conteneder from that conference.

Every BCS conference can have, AT MOST, 2 BCS Teams. PERIOD. It's the same for everyone. Second of all, you split the money no matter what. For Bowls, Conference Championship games, ANYTHING. It's the same for everyone. Let's talk about Texas last year. K State kills OU, and Texas gets left out. Too f'n bad, Texas proved there worth in there Bowl by getting manhandled by YOU GUESSED IT, a mediocre Pac 10 team in Wazzu. K State lost to the Big Ten, and Oklahoma got wrecked by LSU. All 3 teams got stomped. Now you're gonna tell me, that the Big 12 got ripped off of not having there best teams in the BCS, cuz there championship game ruined it? It still doesn't prove why the Big Ten is weak. I'm still waiting for some validity. To me, you prove weakness on the field. And on the field, the Big Ten is superior to the Big 12. It's that simple. You can sit here and say "well 9 out of 10 times we woulda won" or any other excuse you may have, it still doesn't change the fact that the RESULTS say, the Big Ten > Big 12.

First of all, I said that UNDER THE CURRENT SYSTEM, where only 2 teams make it, you should have to win your conference to be one of those 2 teams. If there were a 8 team playoff, then yeah, we could start talking about teams that DIDNT take care of business. This 9 of 10 games crap is getting old. KSTATE KILLED OU. OU LOST. They don't play 10 times, they play once. K State won, OU lost. Auburn and Georgia will play once.

And who are you, to tell any of us, which team WOULD win 9 of 10 times, or 6 of 10 times. IT DOESNT MATTER! Your opinion don't mean jack sh|t to me, and I'm sure mine doesn't either, but here's to ya. I say Michigan would beat Oklahoma 6 of 10 times on a neutral field. I say Wisconsin and Iowa would beat them every time in Camp Randall or Kinnick, and 6 of 10 times on a neutral field. And I say Auburn and USC would beat Jokelahoma 10 of 10 times on ANY field. Hows that!?

549093[/snapback]

Your right your opinion as ignorant as it is doesnt mean jack Athena to me. There isnt a team in the country that could be OU this yr, and when they win the National Championship Ill be the last one laughing while the rest of you gather yoru thoughts and make excuses. Auburn is going down this week and then they are gone, done out of the pitcure. USC shouldnt lose until the Oragne Bowl and OU is going to embarass them to a 8th National Title.

Every BCS conference can have, AT MOST, 2 BCS Teams. PERIOD. It's the same for everyone. Second of all, you split the money no matter what. For Bowls, Conference Championship games, ANYTHING. It's the same for everyone. Let's talk about Texas last year. K State kills OU, and Texas gets left out. Too f'n bad, Texas proved there worth in there Bowl by getting manhandled by YOU GUESSED IT, a mediocre Pac 10 team in Wazzu. K State lost to the Big Ten, and Oklahoma got wrecked by LSU. All 3 teams got stomped. Now you're gonna tell me, that the Big 12 got ripped off of not having there best teams in the BCS, cuz there championship game ruined it? It still doesn't prove why the Big Ten is weak. I'm still waiting for some validity. To me, you prove weakness on the field. And on the field, the Big Ten is superior to the Big 12. It's that simple. You can sit here and say "well 9 out of 10 times we woulda won" or any other excuse you may have, it still doesn't change the fact that the RESULTS say, the Big Ten > Big 12.

549120[/snapback]

Are you Oprahing kidding. LSU won 21-14, and White threw a screen pass that was intercepted at the 5 yd line and the LSU defender walked into the end zone. OU was 1st and goal at the LSU 19 yd line with 3 minutes to play and ran the ball from their 20 right down LSUs throat but then decided to pass 4 straight times and turned the ball over on downs, losing 21-14. You sound like a f'n moron saying OU got wrecked by LSU. LSU proved to be the best team in the land and OU was 19 yds from tying the score, when the LSU offense couldnt score the second half on the Sooner D, and OU scored once and was 19 yds away from scoring a second time. You want to talk about embarassing, thats what USC did to Big 10 Champ Michigan. The Big 10 has 3 teams in the top 25, to the Big 12 4. The Big 12 #1 team is ranked ahead of the Big 10 #1 team, and same goes for the Big 12 #2 to the Big 10 #2. Michigan lost to Notre dame who is ranked what #25. Texas lost to OU who is ranked #2. Id say on the field the BCS says the Big 12 is superior as do the coaches and writers. Do you think I believe anything your ignorant ass has to say over those so called experts. Keep living in the past, this is 2004 and the Big 10 is weaker as I showed above.

Bottom line, this is football, if you aren't man enough to win your conference of 10-12 teams, why in the world would you get a chance to be champion of all teams? College football is different, thats what makes it great and what makes every game mean so much. I would support an eight team playoff among the conference winners. everyone else can fill in the other bowls as usual. If a situation arose like last year when OU got crushed by KSU and clearly wasn't worth playing for the national title, they shouldn't be allowed to. We all saw what happened when they ran into a real defense in New Orleans. Hopefully I see it in my lifetime. And to answer the question from one of the sarges, Auburn last won the SEC title in 1989, they won it four times in the 1980s (83, 87, 88, 89) and five times overall. In 1993 Auburn went undefeated but were on probation and could not participate in the league championship game. Auburn has one national championship, 1957 even though we were screwed out of it in 1983. There you go! Oh, and we'd crush Oklahoma this year :)

USC shouldnt lose until the Oragne Bowl and OU is going to embarass them to a 8th National Title.

Don't be silly Sarge. The only way USC is ever embarrassed is when they beat themselves through dumb mistakes. To be fair, I'd say the same for OU too. If each team wins out and then plays close to their potential in the NC game, the Orange Bowl is going to be a fantastic game to watch.

What is it, like 8 weeks away now? Can hardly wait for the holidays to be over so we can get to that game....

Bottom line, this is football, if you aren't man enough to win your conference of 10-12 teams, why in the world would you get a chance to be champion of all teams? College football is different, thats what makes it great and what makes every game mean so much. I would support an eight team playoff among the conference winners. everyone else can fill in the other bowls as usual. If a situation arose like last year when OU got crushed by KSU and clearly wasn't worth playing for the national title, they shouldn't be allowed to. We all saw what happened when they ran into a real defense in New Orleans. Hopefully I see it in my lifetime. And to answer the question from one of the sarges, Auburn last won the SEC title in 1989, they won it four times in the 1980s (83, 87, 88, 89) and five times overall. In 1993 Auburn went undefeated but were on probation and could not participate in the league championship game. Auburn has one national championship, 1957 even though we were screwed out of it in 1983. There you go! Oh, and we'd crush Oklahoma this year :D

549215[/snapback]

How, You cant run on them, OU would shut Auburn completely down, and Auburn passing attack isnt scaring anyone. Sure he is effeicent when he throws 5 yd slant passes and hitches all day. But vertical passing attack Auburn doesnt have it. On defense Id take the Sooners hands down over Auburn. And Auburn wouldnt hold Peterson to under a 100 yds and White would throw at least 3 TD passes on them. It would be a blow out, but unfortunately Auburn would be licking its wounds after an ass whipping.

Sgt. Ryan, get a grip on reality. Clearly you haven't watched Auburn if you don't think we have a deep passing game. Plus, even if we didn't, against the Sooners sorry corners we sure would. Peterson would need at least 30 carries to get 100 yards on us and Jason White would be exposed as he is any time he faces a good defense. Oklahoma wouldn't stop Auburn at all. They couldn't even stop Oklahoma State. Auburn 41 Oklahoma 13 and OU don't get a touchdown til the end against the AU scrubs. This my friend is FACT.

Auburn 41 Oklahoma 13 and OU don't get a touchdown til the end against the AU scrubs. This my friend is FACT.

549296[/snapback]

I'd like to agree that your predictions would come true - I like Auburn - but it is still NOT a "fact", as the two teams have not played this year. It is an opinion, as are most of the rants on this message board. Where did you go to school again, Auburn? Is it too late to get a refund?

Sgt. Ryan, get a grip on reality. Clearly you haven't watched Auburn if you don't think we have a deep passing game. Plus, even if we didn't, against the Sooners sorry corners we sure would. Peterson would need at least 30 carries to get 100 yards on us and Jason White would be exposed as he is any time he faces a good defense. Oklahoma wouldn't stop Auburn at all. They couldn't even stop Oklahoma State. Auburn 41 Oklahoma 13 and OU don't get a touchdown til the end against the AU scrubs. This my friend is FACT.

549296[/snapback]

When Auburn gets torn a new one this Saturday, this bandwagon f*ck will disappear. As Ive never seen his sorry ass in here before this week.

Also, a get a clue what a fact is. Ill give you an example. Auburn sucks. That is a fact. :D

When Auburn gets torn a new one this Saturday, this bandwagon f*ck will disappear.  As Ive never seen his sorry ass in here before this week. 

Also, a get a clue what a fact is.  Ill give you an example.  Auburn sucks.  That is a fact.  :D

549483[/snapback]

boy you are a riot. let Auburn and OU play, you'll see that what i say is a fact. OU can't cover anyone, THAT also is a fact. bandwagon? you've probably been to Norman once or twice in your whole life if that much. You probably forgot OU even had a football team prior to 2000. I've missed attending one Auburn game in 18 seasons. I've been waiting that long to jump on the bandwagon? Get a clue, Sooners are going down at some point and this season will end with them getting dusted by someone. Bank on it.

hah, it was answered, i'm not going to repeat it, you are fully capable of checking back through the posts. We didn't have the benefit of playing in the mid-major Big 8 for decades. but if you want to bring up the past, what happened when OU ran into a real defense last year (LSU) tell me tell me tell me. if they got smoked then you call me sily call me rude, but call me please, you bandwagon sooner! AU would crush the Sooners.

hah, it was answered, i'm not going to repeat it, you are fully capable of checking back through the posts. We didn't have the benefit of playing in the mid-major Big 8 for decades. but if you want to bring up the past, what happened when OU ran into a real defense last year (LSU) tell me tell me tell me. if they got smoked then you call me sily call me rude, but call me please, you bandwagon sooner! AU would crush the Sooners.

550215[/snapback]

Are you kidding me, Auburn doesnt have a defense. In fact if they played a top 4 Big 12 school the would lose to any one of them because of this. I saw Auburn play LSU and I was not impressed. Auburn is an average football team that got LSU in their backyard and a BS penalty gave Auburn the win. Auburn should not even be undefeated right now. That is a fact Cher. Get past Ga, and see what the voters/polls BCS says. If Auburn wins out, OU wins out and USC wins out we will see who goes to the dance. Im done talking about F'n Auburn who will be forgotten in the NC race in less than 36 hrs.

So far no one has answered my btw!!!!

How many national championships/ SEC championships has Auburn won???????

If its less than 7 then call me sily call me rude, but call me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

550172[/snapback]

I think they have at least 2 (or maybe 3?) now - 1 of which was made into a movie, loosely based on the star RB - can't remember his name. I think it was called "Everybody's All-American", and Dennis Quaid played him...

OMFG. I get called ignorant by sarge, when he thinks OU was better than K State last year. Earth to sarge, you got smoked. It wasn't even close. Jason White didn't do sh|t vs LSU last year. Maybe you missed that game. OU thrashed a bunch of weak Big 12 teams last year (that got exposed for what they were in the bowls) and finally ran into the only other good Big 12 team and got thrashed themselves. Look at the regular season. The only team that even came close was an SEC team, the probation stricken joke Alabama Crimson Tide. Isn't that ironic. As for this year, time will tell, but I know one thing, you say the same crap every year. You talk about how great the Big 12 is, and then they get proven that they are a joke. It's been the same as 1996. You're like a turd that don't flush sarge. The Big 12 was weak every year since 1996, what makes this year so different. You're a broken record. Go back to your posts in 2002, you say the same ridiculous rhetoric. And then you get proven wrong in the end. So tell me, why is this year different than the past 7?

As for OU and there many titles. There is no denying, OU is one of the premier college football teams. However, the Big 8 was a joke. No one can deny that. It was 2 deep every year, until Colorado got good, then Oklahoma became a joke in the 90's and it was still 2 deep. Oh sure, once in awhile another team might emerge and be good, but for the most part, the Big 8 was based on one game. Oklahoma vs Nebraska. The winner of that would be undefeated after playing a soft schedule. So though I'm not taking anything away from OU and there national titles, comparing Auburn football teams to Oklahoma football teams is a bit skewed, since Auburn played in a tougher conference, a conference that was far tougher to get through undefeated. Just be happy that you have the national championships and be done with it.

Once again, lets please show why the Big Ten is weak. Why has it been weak for the past 3 years? Come on Sarge? Can't you come up with anything other than "well the experts said we were good through the season" Only problem with that, was when it came time to prove how good you really are, the Big 12 always seems to fall on there face. Why is that? Answer the *** question!

I think they have at least 2 (or maybe 3?) now - 1 of which was made into a movie, loosely based on the star RB - can't remember his name.  I think it was called "Everybody's All-American", and Dennis Quaid played him...

550670[/snapback]

That was LSU, not Auburn

OMFG. I get called ignorant by sarge, when he thinks OU was better than K State last year. Earth to sarge, you got smoked. It wasn't even close. Jason White didn't do sh|t vs LSU last year. Maybe you missed that game. OU thrashed a bunch of weak Big 12 teams last year (that got exposed for what they were in the bowls) and finally ran into the only other good Big 12 team and got thrashed themselves. Look at the regular season. The only team that even came close was an SEC team, the probation stricken joke Alabama Crimson Tide. Isn't that ironic. As for this year, time will tell, but I know one thing, you say the same crap every year. You talk about how great the Big 12 is, and then they get proven that they are a joke. It's been the same as 1996. You're like a turd that don't flush sarge. The Big 12 was weak every year since 1996, what makes this year so different. You're a broken record. Go back to your posts in 2002, you say the same ridiculous rhetoric. And then you get proven wrong in the end. So tell me, why is this year different than the past 7?

As for OU and there many titles. There is no denying, OU is one of the premier college football teams. However, the Big 8 was a joke. No one can deny that. It was 2 deep every year, until Colorado got good, then Oklahoma became a joke in the 90's and it was still 2 deep. Oh sure, once in awhile another team might emerge and be good, but for the most part, the Big 8 was based on one game. Oklahoma vs Nebraska. The winner of that would be undefeated after playing a soft schedule. So though I'm not taking anything away from OU and there national titles, comparing Auburn football teams to Oklahoma football teams is a bit skewed, since Auburn played in a tougher conference, a conference that was far tougher to get through undefeated. Just be happy that you have the national championships and be done with it.

Once again, lets please show why the Big Ten is weak. Why has it been weak for the past 3 years? Come on Sarge? Can't you come up with anything other than "well the experts said we were good through the season" Only problem with that, was when it came time to prove how good you really are, the Big 12 always seems to fall on there face. Why is that? Answer the *** question!

551039[/snapback]

YOu inbreed idiot. I answered your questions here on post #32

The Big 10 is weak because the ttop 2 teams will never meet. There is no way possible that happens in the Big 12. every team in the South plays every team in the south, every team in the north plays every team in the north. if you are the best in the north and dont play the best in the south in the reg season, you meet in the Championship game. But the same Championship game can hurt the best team if they play a weaker team and get knocked off as they did a yr ago. Michigan and Wisconsin can both say they are the best in the Big 10 and they will never play to find out how. Id much rather take the chance of the Big Dog getting knocked off by the ba@stard spetchild as was the case a yr ago when OU played KSU, than to have 2 undefeated teams in the same conference and they never meet to settle things. The Big 10 is weak, imo because the Sooners team could beat an a big 10 allstar team. You take the best players in the whole Big 10 and that all-star team would get humiliated by my Sooners. I seriously believe 4 Big 12 South teams win that conference and maybe 3 of them go undefeated. How do I back it up, I watch enough games to see the Big 10 is clearly a slower brand of football, and Im not so sure they are any more smashmouth than the Sooners, Horns or Pokes from Okie St. Those 3 offenses would score 50 on just about anyone in that conference. Scoring is up in the Big 12 because of this. All 3 of those teams have dominating OL and they run the ball at will. Vs a slower Big 10 team those 3 teams probably have a time of position of 40 minutes in routs.

Now as for Auburn, I could care less about Auburn. They play in the SEC which is suppose to be the best conference, but Im not so sure top end they are. I think the Big 12 and Pac 10 have at least 2 teams that win that conference over anyone currently in it. Fla is clearly a joke, as is Ark this yr. LSU isnt nearly as strong as it was, and Tenn just got beat again, this time to Notre Dame. Auburn isnt the best team yet they may win the conference after they lose to GA. Ga choked a game away vs Tenn, and is the best team in the SEC. But unless Tenn loses 2 SEC games, they will go to the SEC Championship over GA. The Big 10 and Pac ten is clearly not this way. They have no Championship game. They can lose a reg season game and still be Pac 10 or Big 10 Champs. In the SEC and Big 12, you better be perfect vs your division, south or north or you wont get into the Championship game. Look at Texas, they are the #6 team in the Country and have only 1 loss to #2 OU, but they play in the South and wont sniff the Big 12 Championship game, but a team with a terrible record in the Big 12 north will get a shot at the Sooners who may not even be bowl eligible.

All in all, when you have conference champions they should win it on the field. If Wisconsin and Michigan remain undefeated in Big 10 play, that wont be the case. Luckily USC played Cal, or there would be 2 undefeated teams in the pac 10 and a whole nother mess to deal with, on who is more deserving of Pac 10 Champion.

I find this hilarious to tell you the truth. You Oprahers get so excited. Im a Sooner homer and love to back my team. But come on, Auburn. They are nothing, and I mean nothing. 4 Big 12 teams would kick the snot out of them. USC is one thing, but Auburn get real. Who have they beat that has beaten anyone this yr. LSU is their only quality win and anyone who saw that game knows LSU was robbed on a BS call. Auburn wont be so lucky this time tomorrow. The Big 10 Champ isnt even a consideration to be in the title game unless 3 teams above them lose, including a 1 loss team. That is weak.