[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ward/Moulds for McGahee

I have just been offered McGahee for either Ward or Moulds. I am intrigued by the offer. Standard 12 team performance league WRs get 1 point per reception, RBs get .5 point per reception.

Ward has 140.80 on the year and is ranked 23rd overall

Moulds has 133.30 on the year and is ranked 27th overall

McGahee has 76.70 on the year but has really come on since being named the starter and is currently ranked 125th overall

My squad is below (with their average score), we start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 FLEX RB/WR, 1 PK, 1 DF

Favre (16.22)

Pennington (13.94)

James (19.05)

Dunn (13.05)

Wheatley (12.16)

MMoore

OSmith

SJackson

JJones

Moulds (16.66)

Ward (17.60)

Mason (15.49)

Clayton (14.58)

Boldin (8.85)

Graham

BUF

So the question is ... would you trade one of those WRs for McGahee or be content with Dunn/Wheatley/OSmith in the second slot? And if you do make the trade who do you give Ward or Moulds?

He is offering me first crack at McGahee ... but if I decline will shop him around to the other owners.

UPDATE

No surprise, he got cold feet. His big problem is that it will leave him with only 2 backs ... Alexander and Brown.

So now I am considering packages. I threw Moulds + SJackson out there for McGahee but he wasn't interested.

Now I am considering throwing one of the following backs into the deal:

Wheatley

Dunn

OSmith

But I feel like Moulds + Wheatley/Dunn/Smith is a bit much for McGahee.

Maybe getting Hakim or Porter back would help?

Edited by Grits and Shins

I personally had Clayton, and have Ward and Moulds as well. Since he has started Clayton has been huge. Now I just traded Clayton in a deal to bring me Plummer due to his cake schedule for the rest of the year and I was very hesitent to give him up. I think you will be fine w/ Ward & Clayton. McGahee will outscore Moulds for the rest of the year so give him Moulds. Plus you do not want to have to start two Bills every week.

I would stay put. O. Smith looked great last night and Wheatley looked great on Sunday. They will do just fine in that flex spot and the WR's you have no give you insurance if one goes down. Like I said, I would stay put, but if you trade, which is not a bad trade, and it may have a lot of positive upswing for you, I would trade Moulds.

Blitz,

Grab this deal before he changes his mind. The Bills have started winning since McGahee was named as the starter... I think it is alot easier to replace a WR from the WW vs a top RB. Grab McGahee and smile as you ride him into the playoffs.

I drafted McGahee in both leagues and he is looking very good over the past two weeks.... I would see if the other guy would go for Moulds, but I would give either Ward or Moulds to get Willis.

A no brainer IMO! :D

Man, I love McGahee for Moulds as well. He is clearly the starter now in Buffalo and could be a really strong keeper for next year along with helping your RB corps this year. I can't believe the owner is offering him so cheap. Win win for you IMO.

McGahee is being over used, and could very well break down. Word out of Buffalo seems to be that they would like to see him get fewer than 37 carries a game, though.

I would trade moulds IF I thought I could turn around and convert O Smith and M Moore into something that would improve your team. Maybe the team with Moss would trade him for a lesser WR plus the RB combo.

The thing is that having the extra good receiver protects you from injury woes better than having the RB. You have E James, and O Smith/M Moore for whoever wins that job.

Your WRs are deep, though, so it's not a hugh concern.

Do it for Moulds.

If it's a keeper league, do it yesterday!

544537[/snapback]

Not a keeper league.

I have responded that I will give Moulds for McGahee. He wanted to know why not Ward. I responded that I didn't really want to have to start McGahee, Moulds and BUF every week. Waiting for his response / acceptance now.

Blitzy....... the deal has gotta be for Moulds..... if he wants Ward then no deal, IMO.

you don't want to have to start 2 players in the Buffalo offense. there isn't enough TD's to go around. If you get Willis..... you wanna dump Moulds.

You'll have alotta option @ RB..... too bad you can't start 3. :D

544558[/snapback]

What Frazia said.

He faltered ...

UPDATE

No surprise, he got cold feet. His big problem is that it will leave him with only 2 backs ... Alexander and Brown.

So now I am considering packages. I threw Moulds + SJackson out there for McGahee but he wasn't interested.

Wheatley

Dunn

OSmith

Edited by Grits and Shins

He faltered ...

UPDATE

No surprise, he got cold feet.  His big problem is that it will leave him with only 2 backs ... Alexander and Brown.

So now I am considering packages.  I threw Moulds + SJackson out there for McGahee but he wasn't interested.

Wheatley

Dunn

OSmith

545137[/snapback]

I missed this post initially, sorry to hear the guy faltered as I think with your receivers you could have easily given up Moulds for McGahee and got a great deal.

As it stands now, I'm not a big believer in Wheatley or Dunn. I'd consider the deal giving up one of those guys and Moulds for McGahee, but it's not such an easy decision now. I guess I'd still probably do it in the end.

Keep Onterrio Smith though. And I don't really think getting Hakim or Porter helps you out any, particularly with the WRs you already have on your roster all much better IMO.

Yes Minny has 600 RB's but NO way you can deal Smith and Moulds for McGahee. I'd offer Dunn or Wheatley (rather deal Wheatley) and Moulds for McGahee in a second. Think your RB's would be Edge, McGahee, Smith, and Dunn. That's fine. Deal Moulds and Wheatley for him. Is Wheatley that big a deal?

My concern with Onterrio is that Minnesota has 50 bizillion running backs and any given week Tice can chose a different one than the week before.

Another thing I'm considering is giving him Moulds + RB for McGahee and then getting AThomas off waivers (he has gone unnoticed).

545154[/snapback]

You know what I like about McGahee compared to all of your other backs including Edge? When the Bills get inside the 10 yard line, they're going to give him the ball. Edge and Smith will rack up yards, but the Colts and the Vikings get two friggin' cute near the endzone. The only reason Smith scored last night is because he ran it in from outside the red zone.

I would seriously pursue that trade. I'm still pissed that Travis Henry got the shaft, but I can't deny that McGahee looks like the real deal at this point.