[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Hugh

I have a problem deciding who to start at W.R.

W.R. are: Walker vs Hou, Mason vs Jax, Moulds vs STL,  Lelie vs NO and Morton vs NE

I'm sure I am starting Walker, the rest I am not sure.  I need 2 more out of the 4 left.

1. Mason: does not do well against Jax and Tenn has no McNair, no Brown and lost 2 from off. line

2. Moulds: Can the Q.B. get him the ball, passing can be done against the Rams.

3. Lelie: can I count on him?  Should get many passes against NO if they do not run all day.

4. Morton: I do not trust him.  Is NE def. banged up as people think?

Regular performance scoring.

Thanks.

561761[/snapback]

In that situation, I would start Lelie and Mason. As much as I like Moulds, and as good as a WR he is, Bledsoe is just killing him. Volek likes Mason, so although he has a tough matchup, I still start him. Forget Morton. Too many options, and he's inconsistent.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD only league. Can only start two RBs. On roster now: T.Jones, C. Portis,S. Davis(IR), L. Johnson(worthless). Can put Davis on IR, going to waive Johnson-who to pick up? Free agents I'm looking at: J. Chapman (if Tomlinson can't go), A. Smith, S. Morris. Pretty slim pickins, but it's a 12 team league so depth is hard to come by and the trade deadline has passed (not that any of these tight-wads would be willing to give something for something). Any help is greatly appreciated.

561770[/snapback]

For this week grab Antowain Smith. He's not a great option, but at least you'll get a starting RB not in RBBC. Smith should get you through this week, and then you can hope Jones comes back next week and you'll be OK.

Hey Hugh!

How are ya?  I was offered Pittman & the Atl D for Edge & Rattay...Should I do it?

Here is my current lineup

D. Culpepper

Jamal Lewis

Edge

Reuben Drougns

Hines Ward

M. Clayton

D. Givens

Antonio Bryant

bobby Engram

Tony Gonzalez

SEA D

Buf D

I am a frustated Edge owner.

561889[/snapback]

Well, Rattay is hurt and a defense is a defense, so ask yourself if you'd trade Edge for Pittman.

Normally I would NEVER make this trade. However, if you look at the EOS.....

TB rushing EOS: 5 good, 1 bad (2nd best)

IND rushing EOS: 1 good, 3 bad (2nd worst)

Man, I think you HAVE to take this into consideration, and with Alstott out of the mix, Pittman could have a HUGH finish.

Make that trade.

I have M Harrison, J Walker, Muhsin, M Robinson, J Morton, and Roy williams at WR. I can start 3 of em.

Harrison, and Walker for sure!!!! Right now I have Roy starting, But Muhsin has done well as of late. M Rob and Mroton are non factors to me! So do I go with Muhsin thats 100% with a 75 % (maybe) QB, or a possibly 80% Williams with a underachieving Harrington????

Thanks

Hey Hugh- 4 things

I saw one of your posts that said that you would start Hasselbeck over Delhomme this week.  Hasselbeck is still nursing a knee injury.  I didn't know if you knew something that I didn't or imo it comes down to who seems to be more healthy come gametime.  I ask because I have the same dilemna this week and it has been a roller coaster all year so far.  My inclination is to go with the hot hand and keep Delhomme in.  But this week I find myself very indecisive.

I have another QB dilemna in my keeper league.  I have Brooks, Testy, and Eli.  So this week poses a problem.  Brooks and Testy both have tough matchups against DEN and BAL.  And Eli is a rookie who is getting his 1st start and I don't expect much out of him against a mediocre ARI pass D.  My inclination is to stick with Brooks, but Testy threw pretty good against a mediocre PHI pass D last week but I don't trust that he will do it two weeks in a row.  Tell you what, the rookie looks really tempting right now.

I know that I probably shouldn't be asking this, but who do you think will carry the load for the Panthers run game for the rest of the year.  Harris, Goings, Hoover, or Bennett.  I am just curious because in my 14 team keeper league running backs are just that thin on FA.  And right now I have LT2, S. Jackson, Chatman, M. Moore and B. Hoover.  I need someone to complement LT2 and I thought that it would be Moore but that didn't work out.

I am also wondering what your thoughts are on Arizona's RB situation for next year.  I am not giving up on this year, yet.  But I saw that Marcel Shipp was out on FA due to being on IR.  And was thinking that he would be a nice addition to my team next year if I knew that he would be the guy.  Emmitt is old!!  Just wanted your take.

Anyway, Appreciate the thoughts!!

And by the way, good for you for saying something about the whining and posts about Grits.  I don't agree with everything that Grits does, but if something comes up I just ignore the comment, but still answer everybody's posts.  But really the whining has gotten to be more annoying than anything and I don't even read the posts anymore because of it.  The only thing I sign on for each week is to put my weekly questions in and get a second opinion from you to keep myself in check.  I don't always take your advise, but it is really nice just to hear the different angles that someone else takes at looking at matchups each week.  Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

561928[/snapback]

Hasselbeck has a knee (or bruised leg), Delhomme has a fracture in his right thumb. Which one do you think is the bigger risk?

If you start Eli Manning this week, you need one of these: :D

Start Brooks, although he's not a great option, he's better than Eli and Vinnie.

You know, it's kind of funny, maybe even ironic, that Carolina has the easiset rushing schedule for the rest of the season, but no one in the fantasy football world is going to benefit because of the RB clusterf*ck they have going on their. I think Harris could be the guy, but has to get healthy. Goings and Hoover have pretty much proven that they can't carry the load, so it'll be a major RBBC unless Harris gets healthy and proves he can do something. I'd want to have Harris, but keep him on my bench until further notice. Outside of the possibilty of Harris, I avoid the Carolina running game like the plague.

Emmitt Smith is not the RB future for Arizona. Shipp is a good option.

And thanks for the support. B):D

Hugh, I'm playing matchups here.

A. Brooks vs Denver or K. Collins vs SD.

I have Collins in because they are ALWAYS behind and my opponent has at his "flex" position either Dominick Davis or J. Porter. (we call it KR spot, either a Rookie or they had to return a punt/KO last year). Longer TDs are more points (1 for every 10 yards out). He can either block me with Porter or start Davis. I know they both pretty well suck but should Collins have the better day?

also, W. Green or J. Chatman?

I have M Harrison, J Walker, Muhsin, M Robinson, J Morton, and Roy williams at WR. I can start 3 of em.

Harrison, and Walker for sure!!!! Right now I have Roy starting, But Muhsin has done well as of late. M Rob and Mroton are non factors to me! So do I go with Muhsin thats 100% with a 75 % (maybe) QB, or a possibly 80% Williams with a underachieving Harrington????

Thanks

561987[/snapback]

Problem with Mushin is going to be Delhomme's injury. Start Williams against the Vikes in what should be a shootout.

Hugh, I'm playing matchups here.

A. Brooks vs Denver or K. Collins vs SD.

I have Collins in because they are ALWAYS behind and my opponent has at his "flex" position either Dominick Davis or J. Porter. (we call it KR spot, either a Rookie or they had to return a punt/KO last year). Longer TDs are more points (1 for every 10 yards out). He can either block me with Porter or start Davis. I know they both pretty well suck but should Collins have the better day?

also, W. Green or J. Chatman?

561992[/snapback]

Wow, I really don't know what to say. I'm at a loss for words. That is just not pretty. I guess I'd start Brooks. :D

With the bye week, I think LT will be healthy enough to carry the load. If that's the case, Chatman is useless. Green is in a RBBC and will get touches for sure, so if it looks like LT is healthy, start Green. If not, depending on what develops, Chatman might be a better option.

PLEASE HELP!!

Should I drop Andre Davis for Mike Alstott???

Davis practiced yesterday, but "ran gingerly". He's been out for 4 weeks now and I'm wondering if he will fully recover this year.

Bucs vs poor run D's(49ers and Panthers) equal goal line TDs!!

Do you think this is a good idea??

Alstott is my best sleeper option on the wire.

URGENT UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've been standing behind starting Horn, but keep an eye on this, as I would not recommend starting a banged up Horn against Champ Bailey:

from Rotowire:

SKINNY: Horn reinjured his left knee during Wednesday's practice and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game vs. the Broncos, the Times-Picayune reports.

ROTOWIRE SPIN: "There's nothing we can do about it," coach Jim Haslett said of Horn's injury. "We'll try and get everybody else ready to go if he can't go." We'll keep you posted on Horn's status as soon as we know more.

Hi Hugh,

So I have a delima this week...

I have ...

R. Droughn's at NO where he should run like crazy

D. McAllister at Denver where he should run like crazy

C. Dillion at KC with an okay run Defense

D. Blaylock at home against NE with a slightly week run defense

right now I have these guys starting.....

D. McAllister at Denver where he should run like crazy

C. Dillion at KC with an okay run Defense

D. Blaylock at home against NE with a slightly week run defense

I an only start up to 3 RBs and 2 WR's. My WR's are T. Holt, D. Givens, D. Mason, and J. Morton. I'm planning on starting Givens and Holt as of now.

Thanks!

For news on the ongoings of the Pittsburgh Steelers, fantasy football, and insights on the NFL.  For out of town Steelers fans to get the inside scoop of the happenings of the black and gold.

HTTP://STEELERS.MOSTVALUABLENETWORK.COM B)  :D  :D  B)  :yay:  :D

562011[/snapback]

:D What's your point?

Hugh,

I am fighting to make the playoffs and have a couple big decisions this week.

Standard performance scoring... 1pt for 10 rushed/recived 6 pt for TD rushed /rec, 1 pt 20 yards passed and 3 pt TD passed

QB's (start one) Brees @ Oak or Brady @ KC (MNF) or Carr vs GB

RB's (Start two) Dillon @ KC or Blaylock vs NE or Tomlinson @ OAK

WR's (start one as have Owens as other WR) Williams @ MN or Givens @ KC or Holt at Buffalo

Thanks for the advice

PLEASE HELP!!

Should I drop Andre Davis for Mike Alstott???

Davis practiced yesterday, but "ran gingerly".  He's been out for 4 weeks now and I'm wondering if he will fully recover this year.

Bucs vs poor run D's(49ers and Panthers) equal goal line TDs!!

Do you think this is a good idea??

Alstott is my best sleeper option on the wire.

562015[/snapback]

F'ing Alstott. Pittman was going to be a STUD down the stretch and now he comes back and might screw things up.

Not sure if I'd make that move yet. Let's see what happens with Alstott. Pittman's been great, even in short yardage, so there's no need to rush Alstott back.

Typical performance based 10 team league.

Gotta pick 2 from James, Pittman, E. Smith, F. Taylor

James and Taylor were my first 2 picks and I know you ASYS, but these guys NEVER score TDs. At least Pittman and Emmitt find the end zone. It takes a lot of yards to make up for never scoring.

Hugh,

Which 3 do you start reguardless of position in a yahoo performance based scoring system with no "required" positons.

M. Clayton TB

An Johnson Hou

O. Smith Minn

K. McCardel SD

R. Smith Den

Burleson Minn

Thanks, look forward to your insight -Bones

Well Hugh,

Last week we both agreed to start Willis, Edge, and Blaylock and sit Curtis Martin. We Both Were Wrong There.

What do you think this week? Which 3 of these guys get the nod? Bledsoe is so bad, I feel that any D can put 11 in the box and stop Willis. They dont even have to cover the receivers cause Drew will miss them anyways.

Thx

Hey Hugh, big week and I need the win. I need to start two RBs and two Wrs. Same question as last week with a little variation.

Barber v. ATL

Pittman v. SF

DDavis v. GB

I was leaning towards Barber and Davis, then started thinking that Pittman has a good matchup!!!

Mason @ JAX

Ward @ CIN

Clayton v. SF

I am leaning towards Clayton and Mason.

Thanks!