[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Thanks Hugh, I hate to sit Gates but all three Rbs have good matchups.

I appreciate the help!  :D

562435[/snapback]

Yeah, I know what you're saying, dude's been awesome, but given the choice between a good WR and a good RB, I always take the RB because they're much less likely to have a really bad game.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the starting QB advice.  I have two more for you:

If you were to start one receiver among this group, who would it be?

1. Hines Ward @Bengals

or

2. Eric Moulds vs. Rams

or

3. Derrick Mason @Jacksonville

or

4. Santana Moss @Browns

This one's probably easy - starting D:

1. Bears vs. Colts

or

2. Bengals vs. Steelers

or

3. Redskins vs. Eagles

Thanks again.

562446[/snapback]

Ward, Moulds and Mason are all similar. I really like Moulds as a WR, but Bledsoe is killing him, so I'd stay away from him. I'd start Mason over Ward by a hair.

The defense is a tough question, as all face good teams. Throw a dart? I know you're probably thinking Chicago, but I wouldn't start the Bears against the Colts. No way. I'd probably give Washington a chance. :D

Hey Hugh-

I've seen where you are inclined to favor pretty much anyone in a non RBBC,

but help me out here, Pick 1 from the following:

T.Jones @ Ind (if healthy, no brainer)

A. Train @ Ind (Time's running out here)

C. Brown @ Jax (even if he healthy, I'm not sure)

O. Smith @ Det (Don't you just get a feeling he's about to go nuts?)

and one more if you can:

WR need 2

Holt

Plaxico

Wayne

McCardell

I'm actually leaning toward Plax and McCardell, is that crazy???

Thanks a million!

Hey Hugh-

I've seen where you are inclined to favor pretty much anyone in a non RBBC,

but help me out here,  Pick 1 from the following:

T.Jones @ Ind  (if healthy, no brainer)

A. Train @ Ind (Time's running out here)

C. Brown @ Jax (even if he healthy, I'm not sure)

O. Smith @ Det (Don't you just get a feeling he's about to go nuts?)

and one more if you can:

WR need 2

Holt

Plaxico

Wayne

McCardell

I'm actually leaning toward Plax and McCardell, is that crazy???

Thanks a million!

562472[/snapback]

Really can't answer the RB question until we know more. If Jones is out, A-Train is a must start. If Jones is in, and it's going to be a RBBC, bench both A-Train and Jones.

I don't think C. Brown goes this week. If he does, start him. Last time he was questionable and started he had 149 yards, albeit not against the Jaguars.

If Brown doesn't go and Jones splits with A-Train, you're left with Onterrio, who is a better RBBC option than A-Train or T. Jones. Did that make sense. :D

Holt is dinged with that concussion. If he's healthy, start him and McCardell. If he's not put in Burress with McCardell.

Good luck.

Hey Hugh!!!

I'm now in a quandry about which RB to start this week with the likelyhood that Priest is sitting on the sidelines. I know I've got a few days to decide, but I'm in a must win situation this week and I need all the advice I can get!!! I need to choose between two:

-- Lewis vs. Dallas who's giving up an avg of 127 yrds per game

-- Dillon vs KC (on Monday night) who's giving up an avg of 116 yrds per game

-- Blaylock vs NE (also on Monday night) who's giving up 111 yards per game.

I love the idea of having two backs scoring on Monday night, but based soley on averages, I should go with the first two, but I think my dead grandma could put up 100yrds per game behind the line of KC. My big concern is that Lewis just hasn't been performing this year......

So, thoughts about who to start? :D

Hugh,

Thanks for the advice on my WRs (Toomer, Chambers, Robinson).  This leads me to follow-up question.  I have been offered I. Bruce for Julius Jones.  What is Jones' value in your opinion?

562519[/snapback]

A member by the name of Cunning Runt, in this thread, asked what Jones is worth. I explained it in detail. Go back and look for my response to his question, as it is the same thing you are asking. I'm not typing my diatribe on Jones again.

:D

Hey Hugh!!!

I'm now in a quandry about which RB to start this week with the likelyhood that Priest is sitting on the sidelines.  I know I've got a few days to decide, but I'm in a must win situation this week and I need all the advice I can get!!!  I need to choose between two:

-- Lewis vs. Dallas who's giving up an avg of 127 yrds per game

-- Dillon vs KC (on Monday night) who's giving up an avg of 116 yrds per game

-- Blaylock vs NE (also on Monday night) who's giving up 111 yards per game.

I love the idea of having two backs scoring on Monday night, but based soley on averages, I should go with the first two, but I think my dead grandma could put up 100yrds per game behind the line of KC.  My big concern is that Lewis just hasn't been performing this year......

So, thoughts about who to start?  :D

562521[/snapback]

Well, at least you have good options to chose from, all of which will do well for you, so you can feel good about that.

That being said, there is no way I bench Jamal Lewis. Between Dillon and Blaylock is a close call. I'm not a huge Dillon fan, although he's been solid, but I think I'd start Blaylock instead, even though he's not a proven back yet. Real close, I guess it can go either way. Throw a dart. :D

Hey Hugh, I wanted to know your opinion on my WR/RB situation. Thanks in advance:

Hi. Here is my lineup for the week, standard scoring league

QB - Culpepper

WR - Wayne

WR - Burleson

WR - Mason

RB - Droughns

RB - Pittman

TE - McMichael

WR/RB - ????

I have this on my bench:

Thomas Jones, Anthony Thomas (Chi) & Torry Holt (WHO HAS SINGLE HANDIDLY HELP ME LOSE MY LAST 2 GAMES!)

I don't know who to start, Jones vs. Indy which I feel they're going to try and run the ball alot to keep the ball out of Peyton's hands or Holt vs. a decent Buffalo secondary, in Buffalo in November. I'm leaning toward Jones but Holt was my #1 overall pick this year and its hard for me to sit someone like that, although he has been far from a #1 overall pick this year. Any ideas, is there anything else in my lineup you'd change? Thanks for the help....

Horn unless he's not healthy.

McCardell for sure.

Burleson.

Use Lloyd only if Horn is banged up or out. He hurt himself in practice yesterday.

562349[/snapback]

Use Lloyd even though Givens is going against Cheifs D??

Hey Hugh,

My leagues scores

Offense:

1 pt / 50 yds passing

1 pt / 15 yds rush/rec

6 pts / td

-2 pt fumble lost

Defense:

1 pt / sack

2 pts / int/fumble recovery

6 pts / td

2 / safety

2 / blk k

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

MY QB's are Hasselbeck & Roethlisberger which one would you start. Waiver wire options are Greise/Boller/Garrard/Garcia/McNair/Volek. I'm leaning towards Ben or picking up Greise, I would have to drop Ben to pickup anyone.

Also I have NE's D, you you think that they are a good play against KC, waiver wire options are Tenn/Car/NYG/Buff/StL. To pick up one I would have to drop either A-Train or J. Wells (I have D. Davis). I'm thinking of just sticking with NE?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think your QB decision is simple. Play one of the hottest QB's, well rested after a bye, with a good matchup. Start Brees all the way.

At RB Ilike Blaylock and LT, but make sure LT is OK. If it looks like he's still bothered by the groin (the bye week should have helped), and they plan on using Chatman, bench LT, because Dillon is a decent option as well.

At WR, you have to start Holt, but once again, only if he's healthy. He's having some concussion problems, so keep an eye on that. If he's gimpy and/or not playing, Williams is the next best bet, because of the matchup, but keep an eye on his health as well.

Good luck.

562334[/snapback]

Thanks again Hugh, I had the same feelings. Nice to have them validated.

Gents, and ladies, I'm back for another week. :D

Please post pertinent info needed to make a decision, like scoring, roster and matchups, and PLEASE don't ask me to pick your entire lineup for you.

If you do, you will make the official Hugh One ignore list. :D

Anywho, I'm a bit busy today, so be patient, I'll try to get to as many questions as possible.

Fire away. B)

560528[/snapback]

I am in a points H2H League with your standard settings 10

rushing yards per point, 10 rec yards per point, etc.

My starting lineup consists of QB, WR, RB, TE, WR/TE,

WR/RB. I have Reggie Wayne, hines ward and Jimmy

Smith as my main WR - I have LT, Rudi Johnson and Tiki

barber (I know!) as my RB - Usually with Rudi on the

bench - I was offered a trade of Hines Ward and Rudi

Johnson for Clinton Portis and L Coles. This is a

Non-Keeper league as well - It looks like rudi's

schedule is tougher than clinton's along with

Pittsburg's schedule being tougher - Should i just

stand pat? Thanks for the help!

Hey Hugh. Just some lineup questions. Thanks again for past replies.

OK, so Chris Brown may not play now?

First, an update here would help if you know it.

Second,

If Brown does not play, I need to start 3 of these players.....

OR if he does play start which 2 players?

T Minor (Decent #'s two weeks ago; almost named the starter this week so he may figure into the dolphins game plan this week against Seattle Def)

S Moss (Good past two weeks; going against Cleveland Def; I'm thinking yes here)

J Gaffney (3 of 4 last weeks good #'s, going against Green Bay Def)

A Toomer (Good last week, but bruised ribs, rookie QB Ely Manning's 1st game against atlanta; some concerns here)

Other Unlikely Options: B Hoover (questionable; bad back); J Pathon (vs Tough Denver Def); D Gabriel (vs San Diego Def)

What do you think? Thanks again.

Hey HUGH...need some help ASAP!

I've been offered Randy Moss and Kevin Jones for Droughns and CJ. The other owner and I are on the playoff bubble but my chances are a little worse than his. Would you make this trade? In other words, is Moss the keeper for next year? We're aloud one keeper...

Thanks man!

Hugh,

For WR, R. Williams or Clayton. I am leaning towards Clayton until Roy shows he is 100%. Other starter is Walker.

For RB, Duckett or On. Smith. I was going with Smith all week, now I am seeing a lot of M. Bennett talk. I am also starting Culpepper, so I don't want to run myself thin either. Other starter is LT, C. Brown is injured.

C sig below for more detail if needed.

Thanks.

Allmighty HUGH one.... :D

"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"!!!

OK...

6 for TD's, 1 for 10 yards, 1 pt. bonus after 5+ receptions.

Who do you think will have the HUGHEST of games out of these three:

Clayton vs. SF

Mason vs. JAX

Wayne vs. CHI

I can start two, and am thinking of benching Mason for the first time this year, not including his bye week.

Hugh need good advice:

Owner wants to trade Moss and Westbrook for (my) Portis and Clayton..

Here is my Roster(I must win the next 2-3 games!!):

Performance league (6 pts all TD's)

His Team

Brooks Hasselback

Vick Delomme

Portis LT

Chris Brown Westbrook

M. Faulk Suggs

Ward Moss

J. Smith P. Price

Clayton Boldin

K. Rob Porter

Gardner Colbert

Carney Vanderjagt

K. Brown J. Brown

Falcon "D" Pats "D"

Denver "D" Seattle "D"

I play him this week and doubt even if I do the trade that I'd do it before next Monday(after playing him).....believe this would put my RB's in disarray....we can only trade position for position (i.e. RB for RB etc.)

10 team league do the trade? I'm thinking of starting Vick-Portis-K. Jones(I put C. Brown on IR)-Ward-Smith-Clayton-Carney and Falcon "D"....do you think I will prevail this week with this line-up????