[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#1 Rivalry in College Football this weekend

Maize N Blue Backer

I'd agree with Pat here, Auburn/Alabama is #1, just cuz its life and death for those down there. Take my word for it, I know a certain Auburn fan personally, and when they lose to Bama, he aint fun to be around for about... well until the next iron bowl. Ohio State-Michigan comes in a close second. Nebraska-Oklahoma used to be good til OU started to stink in the 90's due to the cheating that went on during the Barry Switzer era. "The difference between College and Pros, is there is a salary cap in the Pros" -Barry Switzer during his Dallas Cowboys days

Your alot more confident then I am (Maize N Blue Backer).

Ive been to columbus a few times, that is no easy place to play. Since 2002 Osu is

20-1. Our freshman will find out this week how tough it is. Lets hope Carr plays

to win, and not to lose.

Yes---we need to open up the vertical game with Edwards and Avant early---lets hope it doesn't come down to their Kicker, really the only guy that scares me maybe outside Ginn---he'll get a good dose of double-teaming I am sure---as far as rivalries are, albeit i may be somewhat biased, OSU vs Michigan is in its 101st year--solidifying my vote for the #1 rivalry--me and the OSU slappy in the office are already trash talking---

I remember last year ESPN had a poll followed by a bracket tournament for the best rivalry in the country. OSU Michigan was #1 by a landslide. This game is always huge. I haven't missed it in 15 years and it is always one of the best games of the year to watch. When you are fired because you can't win one game in particular each year (ala coach Cooper) you know you got yourself a rivalry. This game will be the one redeeming factor for my Bucs this year. This will be a grudge match yet again!

My prediction: OSU 21 Michigan 17 (may be wishfull thinking, but I have to hope!)

Good luck to both teams and......

Go Scarlet and Grey!!! :D

The #1 rivalry in NCAA is too dependent on where you live, etc. I personally think Michigan-OSU, but that's because I grew up in Michigan and now live in the middle of Buckeye country.

Does the OU/Nebraska game happen every year? That's always been a good game to watch.

Yes---we need to open up the vertical game with Edwards and Avant early---lets hope it doesn't come down to their Kicker, really the only guy that scares me maybe outside Ginn---he'll get a good dose of double-teaming I am sure---as far as rivalries are, albeit i may be somewhat biased, OSU vs Michigan is in its 101st year--solidifying my vote for the #1 rivalry--me and the OSU slappy in the office are already trash talking---

563645[/snapback]

Yep.....I'll be there! You're right about Ginn.....one amazingly fast frosh! I don't think any team can beat him to the corner.....that's how fast this guy is. But....when all is said and done....Edwards will be the best player on the field. I'm pretty sure even double-teamed, we can't stop him.

But....if we can keep it close and it comes down to Nugent...you guys are toast....LOL. Nugent will be the "Nate Kaeding" of this year's draft. He should have a long tenure in the NFL.

Always a tough game to predict, even when it seems one team or the other is a "lock". On a side note...I wonder if GameDay is going to try to set up at the HeineGate off campus or something. Geiger already made it pretty clear they are not welcome on University grounds this year.....LOL. I sort of feel sorry for Herby...he probably feels caught in the middle to a degree right now. We like him a lot around here....but as long as he's with the ESPN crew, he won't be welcomed either.

On a funny note......anyone see the Dead Schembechlers yet? :D

This is a local vs. national perception thing.

To me, while close, it goes something like this:

Michigan vs Ohio State

Miami vs Fl St

Army vs Navy

Ok vs Nb

Cal vs Stanford

auburn vs Ala

That doesn't give a homers perspective, just a level of rivalry interest. All are big games.

Yep.....I'll be there!  You're right about Ginn.....one amazingly fast frosh!  I don't think any team can beat him to the corner.....that's how fast this guy is.  But....when all is said and done....Edwards will be the best player on the field.  I'm pretty sure even double-teamed, we can't stop him.

But....if we can keep it close and it comes down to Nugent...you guys are toast....LOL.  Nugent will be the "Nate Kaeding" of this year's draft.  He should have a long tenure in the NFL.

Always a tough game to predict, even when it seems one team or the other is a "lock".  On a side note...I wonder if GameDay is going to try to set up at the HeineGate off campus or something.  Geiger already made it pretty clear they are not welcome on University grounds this year.....LOL.  I sort of feel sorry for Herby...he probably feels caught in the middle to a degree right now.  We like him a lot around here....but as long as he's with the ESPN crew, he won't be welcomed either.

On a funny note......anyone see the Dead Schembechlers yet? :D

563791[/snapback]

Kirt herby was on a local radio station this week, pouring out his guts. It really was kinda sad listening to him, those buckeyes have all but run him out of town.

Game day is at the Utah vs Byu game.

The #1 rivalry in NCAA is too dependent on where you live, etc.  I personally think Michigan-OSU, but that's because I grew up in Michigan and now live in the middle of Buckeye country. 

Does the OU/Nebraska game happen every year?  That's always been a good game to watch.

563672[/snapback]

Being an OU fan I think the UT/OU game is bigger that the Neb. game!!! OU can go 1-10 so long as we beat Texas the coach probaly keeps his job :D:DB)

Being an OU fan I think the UT/OU game is bigger that the Neb. game!!! OU can go 1-10 so long as we beat Texas the coach probaly keeps his job :D  :D  B)

563956[/snapback]

That is the sign of a big rivalry. As long as Karr wins tomorrow, I'll forgive him for getting punked by Notre Dame earlier in the year.

...not getting embarassed in the Rose would help, too.

Classless.  You will never see anything like that about Woody Hayes come out of Michigan.  OSU's fanbase is as classless as they are cheaters.  B)

Michigan's D will outscore OSU tomorrow.  :D

563960[/snapback]

Actually Gonkis.....I didn't like it either....not a punk rock fan.....and never thought naming a band the Dead Kennedys was funny either. Just passing it on.....I got it in my mailbox from a diehard Buckeye. :D

And I'm SURE you are kidding about being cheaters. :D

Classless.  You will never see anything like that about Woody Hayes come out of Michigan.  OSU's fanbase is as classless as they are cheaters.  :D

Michigan's D will outscore OSU tomorrow.  :D

563960[/snapback]

Hmmmm..??

Chris Webber??

I guess the fab five is off limits in this discussion, huh?

Get a clue before you open your trap!!

F*ck off patsie boy.  OSU is going to get beat down to her knees faster than you drop to  yours to slob a nob.

564957[/snapback]

I'll give you 10 to 1 odds you *** WELCHER if you'll pay up this time, that OSU stays closer to Michigan , than ou does in its bowl game to UTAH!! :D

Put your money where your mouth is!! IDIOT!!

:D

:D Sarge, leave that crapweasel alone.  Seriously, he'll eventually just go away.

564981[/snapback]

Hmmm......?

My thoughts about you and numbnutts but that hasn't happened, but maybe after ANOTHER!! big disappointment for you weakass ou "laters" you will crawl back to your holes. :D

faster than you drop to  yours to slob a nob.

564957[/snapback]

Hmmm....?

Tell me something Sarge, since you seem to be much more experienced in this area than most of us MEN, how long does it take you to drop "to slob a nob".

I am very interested in the time table as there is an opening at a local nightclub that is paying $1000 for the quickest.........interested in entering?

FUNNYBOYS!! :D

Biatch please.  you are a 12 yr old snot nose, punk ass kid.

565362[/snapback]

:D

Your the lil' boy!

I'm venture to guess i have two boys older than you, 14 and 13. I would have venture to say they have more common knowledge than you.

They are in the 7th and 8th grades, yet so more intelligence than you :D

Biatch, isn't it your bed time?