[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

ROCKNE

I'm not sure, but it might not be a bad idea to pickup chester taylor also , (his backup RB), incase he is out next week, chester would be a great start in his place.

569381[/snapback]

At this point (as a fellow Jamal) owner, I would like to see Chester start in his place next week if Jamal's healthy or not. I don't want to crack on a guy when he's hurt, but please Jamal, you have hardly done anything yet this year to deserve a starting roster spot for us owners. I'd rather have a guy run the ball like Taylor who feels he has something to prove. Maybe I'm just bitter, but losing because Jamal gave me a big fat 0 this week I'm allowed to be :D

according to the ravens website , lewis will undergo an MRI monday and indicated after the game that he thinks he will play in new england next week.

569386[/snapback]

If that is true and he's okay next week all I can say is what a pu**y. He sprains an ankle in the FIRST quarter and couldn't come back. It's a sprained ankle. He has NOT gotten the job done this year PERIOD. I benched Edge yesterday to start Lewis and Blaylock this week, and what a mistake that was. I am SO tired of Lewis. Like someone said above he is just not running like he did in years past. I don't know if it's the trial, or he has other things on his mind, or he just doesn't want it as much anymore, but he just isn't playing with that passion anymore. Then he sprains an ankle in the FIRST quarter and misses the whole game. What a joke. All I can say is I'm praying Holmes is done for the year so I can start Blaylock and Edge from here on out. I do NOT want to rely on Lewis anymore this year.

Lewis sprained his right ankle in the first quarter of Sunday's game and did not return, though he lobbied on the sideline to re-enter the game. The coaching staff left him on the bench for precautionary reasons, reports the Baltimore Sun.

Lewis walked with a limp in the locker room after the game, but said that he would be able to play Sunday in New England. We will monitor his progress through the week.

Little update

if you want to read it for yourself got to the ravens webpage and look under headline news and the thread blossoming boller and scroll to the bottom where it says notes and its the very first line.tried looking for more info today but nothing so far.

Edited by The Darkside

if you want to read it for yourself got to the ravens webpage and look under headline news and  the thread blossoming boller and scroll to the bottom where it says notes and its the very first line.tried looking for more info today but nothing so far.

569836[/snapback]

I believe you. Plus I posted something I saw on ESPN today as well. You can never tell until the MRI, but it doesn't seem to be too serious. Did say he had a limp afterwards, but if it's just a normal sprain you'd have to figure he'll play next week in NE, but would anyone really want to start him? I don't and pray Holmes is still out.

Well up until yesterday I thought you did a good job with that one, but now who knows. And this has NOTHING to do with injury. I think he'll be fine, I mean he sprained his ankle, I just don't think it's going to pop for him this year. Teams are just saying okay we'll put 9 in the box period, and add that to Lewis just not running like last year and there you have it. I mean how can you feel comfortable about playing him in NE next week if he plays? I couldn't. Like I said earlier I just hope Holmes is done for the year so I can play Edge and Blaylock all year. Somehow I can slip into the playoffs, and pull off 3 upsets. That's my hope now. If you look at my team I have the players, but with 2 weeks left I'm in a playoff spot, but by a VERY thin margin so we'll see. All I can say is please be done for the year Priest.

Edited by giantsfan

If that is true and he's okay next week all I can say is what a pu**y. He sprains an ankle in the FIRST quarter and couldn't come back. It's a sprained ankle. He has NOT gotten the job done this year PERIOD. I benched Edge yesterday to start Lewis and Blaylock this week, and what a mistake that was. I am SO tired of Lewis. Like someone said above he is just not running like he did in years past.

You mean like he did last year?

Why did you not play James? The Baltimore game was over, why would Billick put Lewis back in? He's sucking it up for a player drafted likely in the 1st Round for your team, but that's some sour grapes.

You mean like he did last year?

Why did you not play James? The Baltimore game was over, why would Billick put Lewis back in? He's sucking it up for a player drafted likely in the 1st Round for your team, but that's some sour grapes.

570018[/snapback]

Actually I drafted both in the 1st round, and many would say start lewis over Edge anyway. Not sour grapes even 1 drop because my decision was start Blaylock or Edge not Lewis or Edge. My point is Lewis was starting for me yesterday NO doubt. There was no way i didn't think 100 and at least 1 TD against that awful Dall D and with Ogden back. So not once did you see me write if I only started Edge instead of Lewis. Now if Blaylock does nothing tonight then you'll hear it. But my decision was Blaylock or Edge. Lewis was a lock for me for yesterday.

Actually I drafted both in the 1st round, and many would say start lewis over Edge anyway. Not sour grapes even 1 drop because my decision was start Blaylock or Edge not Lewis or Edge. My point is Lewis was starting for me yesterday NO doubt. There was no way i didn't think 100 and at least 1 TD against that awful Dall D and with Ogden back. So not once did you see me write if I only started Edge instead of Lewis. Now if Blaylock does nothing tonight then you'll hear it. But my decision was Blaylock or Edge. Lewis was a lock for me for yesterday.

570048[/snapback]

Unlike you giantsfan, I don't have the luxury of backing up and starting an Edge or a Blaylock in Lewis' place. I agree, he's been a major disappointment for me this year and I was really relying on him for a strong second half run to help me make the playoffs. Because of him, my team is sliding downhill fast and my depth at RB is suspect at best. Lewis is a horse and I figured he'd at least be healthy through the stretch run to count on that. I'll take my lumps for drafting him late in the first round, granted I'm not a whiner :D

Unlike you giantsfan, I don't have the luxury of backing up and starting an Edge or a Blaylock in Lewis' place. I agree, he's been a major disappointment for me this year and I was really relying on him for a strong second half run to help me make the playoffs. Because of him, my team is sliding downhill fast and my depth at RB is suspect at best. Lewis is a horse and I figured he'd at least be healthy through the stretch run to count on that. I'll take my lumps for drafting him late in the first round, granted I'm not a whiner  :D

570342[/snapback]

Hey even though I have Edge, and hopefully Blaylock, that doesn't mean that Lewis hasn't killed me this year. He certainly has. Also being realistic and not optimistic I just don't see it getting any better this year even if the ankle is fine, which i think it will be. I mean do you, or can you expect him to do anything at NE next week? I know I don't.

Lewis had 2 carries for 5 yards before leaving the Week #11 game not to return.

Insight: The Baltimore Sun reported, "In a scene that spoke volumes about the Ravens' current identity, Lewis lobbied on the sideline to go back in the game after spraining his left ankle in the first quarter but the coaching staff felt no reason to risk it." After the game Lewis, who walked with a limp in the locker room, said he would be able to play Sunday in New England. Being optimistic it appears the injury is not to serious. More information will be available on Monday.

Edited by giantsfan