[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 11

Hugh 0ne

WR Help needed. Who to start. I have 3 WR positions and 2 rb/wr flex options. Team in sig.

WR

H.Ward

C. Johnson

D. JAckson

K. McCardell

D. Branch

M. Clayton

RB for flex

D. Staley

D. Blaylock

O. Smith

Please list the WR in the order that you would start them and if anyone of those 3 rb should start in the flex position over the WR's. Thanks.

573100[/snapback]

WR's in this order:

CJ

McCardell

Clayton

Jackson

Ward

Branch

I would bench Onterrio and Staley (don't think he's playing) but start Blaylock.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the man Hugh!!

I have a huge game this week-end.  I'm tied for first with my division and I'm playing the guy I'm tied with.

My question is, I have 3 good options at WR.  Which two should I start?? Standard perfromance scoring w/TD bonus.

Horn

Harrison

Burleson

Thank You!!

573112[/snapback]

Horn and Harrison. Both Burleson and Horn have tough matchups, but Horn is far and away the better receiver.

He there Hugh, RB and WR question.

Need 2 RBs. Have Martin starting and need to decide which Jones is a better play on Turkey Day Thomas J. or Julius J.

WR start 3.

Clayton (no-brainer)

Roy Williams (will start)

Moss - will he do anything?

Burelson - will Moss's presense lower his production?

Crumpler - he has had a few very nice weeks.

Always appreciate the info. Have a great holiday. I will be swilling turkey beer at Ford Field watching the Lions win.  :D

573154[/snapback]

At RB I give the nod to Julius.

At WR I'd start Roy Williams, Michael Clayton and Nate Burleson.

Hugh Dog,

I've now gone 5-0 the past 5 weeks ... thanks in part to your help. Last week, I left Rudi on the bench and played Blaylock. Both stunk it up, but I did get 6 more points with Derrick.

Here's my dilemma this week ... it's RBs again.

Pittman away vs. Carolina

McGahee away vs. Seattle

R. Johnson home vs. Cleveland

Blaylock home vs. San Diego

J. Jones home vs. Chicago

N. Goings home vs. Tampa Bay

To me, Pittman and McGahee are locks. I'm leaning to Blaylock again for my flex. Jones is tempting, though. What do you think?

Also, TE is a toss up ... Shockey home vs. Eagles or McMichaels away at SF. I lean toward the match up and McMichael. Thoughts?

Thanks for all your help.

573160[/snapback]

I think Rudi Johnson is a better flex option. I also thnk Julius Jones might be a better option than Blaylock, but not a better option than Rudi.

Methinks Shockey will become Eli's favorite target, as was shown with the TD last week. I'd take a chance on Shockey.

Hugh,

My #2 RBs suck.  I got Peyton Manning by giving up Thomas Jones so I'm not complaining but here's my choices for the #2 spot behind Alexander.

Onterrio Smith on MNF vs. the Rams

Lee Suggs vs. the Bengals-banged up?

Kevan Barlow vs. the Dolphins

Chester Taylor (WW pickup) vs. the Pats.

I'm thinking Onterrio still has the most upside but this is the last week of my regular season and if I win I'm in the playoffs.  The team I'm playing is banged with Ahman Green and Randy Moss both iffy.  I may really need more stability than upside.

Yeah, I know...Bad.  I got beat out for Julius Jones by one spot in the waiver rankings last week.

573210[/snapback]

You're right. Although it is a 3-headed monster in Minnesota, Smith will probably outperform your other options imo.

1 more question almighty Hugh One, I have HAsselback and Collins as my QB's. Should I drop Collins and pickup Harrington since Hassleback may not play again this week? Standard scoring, 1 per 25 passing and 4 pts per TD. No penalty for INT's. Thanks again Hugh.

Gentlemen, and ladies, I'm back for the Turkey Day Weekend Fantasy Advice Edition of the Free Fantasy Advice Thread.

So, please feel free to ask your lineup questions, and please post any pertinent information that might be needed to help me make a decision, like scoring or rosters or matchups etc.

Please DO NOT ask me to pick your entire lineup.

I will only be able to answer questions for most of the day today, and then I'm out of town until next week, so get your questions in early.

Fire away. :D

572874[/snapback]

Hugh, who you think will post better FFL numbers the rest of the season, Deuce McAllister or Jamal Lewis? Thanks.

Hugh, This is a cool thread. thanks for your help in advance.

Need to start 3 RBs out of this list

S.Alexander

Julius Jones

Pittman

McGahee

Chris Brown

I am leaning towards Alexander (no brainer), Pittman and Julius.

I am thinking that I will wait to see what Chris Brown does this weekend to decide on him in the future. Basically I am thinking that McGahee or Jones is the hardest choice here. Your thoughts?

Also, Pick 1 WR/Flex out of this:

Moulds - I see you like him for this week, but he has been hurting thanks to Bledsoe

Fitzgerald

Johnnie Morton

Thanks and have a good turkey day

QB-Who is the best choice for this week?

I've got Drew Brees at KC.

Then Byron Leftwich returns up at the Metrodome vs. the Vikes.

And I have Michael Vick at home vs. the Saints.

I have liked Brees, but the huddle has low expectations on their projections this week? Whaddya think? Thank you.

Here is one for you.

Is it time to bench Tiki for the week? I know he got over 100 yards again last week with no TD but with the change in QB you never know.

I have Edge so he will be starting this week and the other two choices i have are:

Tiki VS Phili

Deuce M VS N.O.

Thanks in advance

Hugh....last week I was very tempted to bench Horn for Kennsion but just couldnt pull the trigger. This week I am thinking much of the same. Pease pick my 3 best choices this week. Thanks

Burleson @ JAC

Harrison @ DET

Horn @ ATL

Stallworth @ ATL

Kennison @ SD

What do you think also what TE would you use this week.

NYJ @ F. Jones (new qb in az)

STL @ B. Franks

Putzier @ OAK

Much appreciated Hugh

It's looking like a disaster but maybe you can pull it out for me. I need to pick 5 of the following (1 pt/10, 6pt/td):

Brown vs HOU (if he plays how effective can he be? I lean towards starting him. I also have Smith if he doesn't play.)

DD vs TEN (I think I have to start him)

C. Taylor vs NE (Lost Lewis and don't think this is a good match-up for Taylor)

Portis vs PIT (ASYS but does this hold true for Portis now?)

Walker vs STL (I hate the predicted weather conditions, but think he is a must start)

Johnson vs TEN (Not a great option but seems to play better at home)

Stokely vs DET (The long shot, but might be worth the gamble)

OK, so i'm thinking:

Brown

DD

Walker

Johnson

Then one more from:

Portis

Taylor

Stokely

I love to start RB's but Portis and Taylor have terrible match-ups.

Edited by RuleBritannia

This must really keep you busy.... I appreciate your opinion :D

Scoring in sigline...

Pick 3 of each RB and WR (* denotes my gut feel)

C. Brown vs. HOU

B. Westbrook vs. NYG*

M. Pittman vs. CAR*

D. McAllister vs. ATL*

O. Smith vs. JAC

R. Moss vs. JAC*

D. Mason vs. HOU*

D. Branch vs. BAL

M. Clayton vs. CAR*

can play a flex: K - josh Brown or another one of the above?

Whatup Hugh! I am in a std performance league and am in 1st place ( for the first time ever!)

My Team: Peyton Manning; Brian Griese

D. Davis; K. Jones; TJ Duckett; Moe Williams

R. Wayne; K. McCardell; J. Jurevicius

Tony Gonzales

Buffalo D and Houston D

We play 1 QB; 2 WR; 2 RB; 1 TE; 1 flex (WR or RB) and 1 K and 1 Def.

I am playing the 3rd place team and need this win to stay in first.

I am starting Manning, Wayne, Davis, Jones for sure. My question is about the flex.

Do I start Duckett against a pathetic Saints run Def. or Moe Williams who has scored the last 2 weeks on my bench? I also have the option to start Jurevicius at the flex, or I could bench McCardell and start Jurevicius as a WR and put a RB in the flex. Help!

As always, thanks for the advice. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Gentlemen, and ladies, I'm back for the Turkey Day Weekend Fantasy Advice Edition of the Free Fantasy Advice Thread.

So, please feel free to ask your lineup questions, and please post any pertinent information that might be needed to help me make a decision, like scoring or rosters or matchups etc.

Please DO NOT ask me to pick your entire lineup.

I will only be able to answer questions for most of the day today, and then I'm out of town until next week, so get your questions in early.

Fire away. :D

572874[/snapback]

Hey Hugh. Happy Turkey Day.

I'm out of the playoffs in my "main" league, but I still want to have a respectable showing.

My question relates to Ahman Green. Do I risk it and hope he plays? Or do I play Sammy Morris (vs. SF - but he's questionable and Minor's getting the start), Eddie George (vs. Chi - but Jones getting most of the carries) or Onterrio Smith (vs. Jax - in the RBBT [running backs by Tice])?

Thanks Hugh!

Also...

To all reading/posting on this thread... I have started my IDP Advice Thread. Feel free to check it out and ask any IDP-related queries!

Edited by darin3

Happy Thanksgiving Hugh One,

I have a qb dilemma in two leagues. Scoring is 1 pt. per 25 yards passing, all td's are 6 points, interceptions and fumbles lost are -2 each. Pick one for each league:

League 1 - Brady at home vs. Ravens, Carr at home vs. Titans, or Delhomme at home vs. Bucs.

League 2 - Griese at Panthers or Carr at home vs. Titans.

Thanks.

Hi Hugh,

I'm already starting Morton and Fitz, I need to start a 3rd

Pinkston @ Giants Starting to get the ball more...maybe

Bryant @ Bengals "worthless" Browns have no O-Line

Evens @ SeaHawks Has big ability, but has Bledsoe throwing the ball

Llyod vs Fins Good WR against an even better secondary

Terrell @ Cowboys Good WR, Bad QB, against bad secondary, I'm a Mich Fan :D

Who should start at the 3rd WR Spot.

100yds=10pts 1 additional pt per 10yds there after. No points until 100yds.

TD=6pts

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving

Edited by a_mess

Tough call at QB. I think Brooks has the bigger potential, meaning he could put up the better numbers, but any more stupid mistakes and I wouldn't be completely surprised if they benched him. I start Griese this week, and hope he squeaks out 220 yards and a couple of TD's.

Don't bench Pittman. He's probably the hottest RB in the league. Alstott may vulture a TD, but until it becomes an issue, continue to play Pittman every week.

573150[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice and I am really surprised they haven't benched Haslett, although Haslett and Brooks could both be looking for employment next year.

Hugh, thanks for your help.

Need to start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex. Standard scoring: 1 point per 15 yards rushing or receiving and 6 points per TD.

I have penciled in Ahman and LT at RB + Randy Moss, Harrison, and Horn at WR. I could switch one of those out with Julius Jones.

Would you make a switch and if so...who?

Chris Brown @ Houston

Reggie Wayne @ Detroit

Pittman @ Carolina

Julius Jones vs Chicago

Need to pick 2 outta these 4.

6 pts per TD, 1 pt per 10 yds reception/rushing, 0.5 pts per catch

My early thinking is going with Pittman and JJ. I don't know much about Detroit's pass D but it doesn't really matter when they play the Colts. The question is, can Wayne replicate last week's performance with another multiple TD effort? Prior to last week, he's had 3 weeks with a TD grab and moderate yards/catches. I'm thinking that's what he likely goes back to, so an every down back might be a better play this week.

I'm a little gun-shy on Brown as well, but if Fisher's motivational ploys work the way they've been known to, he could have a big game too. I might then pull the inexperienced JJ for Brown.

1 more question almighty Hugh One, I have HAsselback and Collins as my QB's. Should I drop Collins and pickup Harrington since Hassleback may not play again this week? Standard scoring, 1 per 25 passing and 4 pts per TD. No penalty for INT's. Thanks again Hugh.

573251[/snapback]

So basically, WDIS, Collins or Harrington. :D

Harrington is probably a slightly better bet. Start Harrington and hope Roy Williams makes some big plays.