[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 11

Hugh 0ne

Starting lineup for this week:

QB D. Culpepper vs. Jac

WR R. Wayne @Det

WR K. McCardell@KC

WR I. Bruce @GB

RB R. Droughns vs. Oak

RB J. Jones vs. Chi

TE A. Crumpler vs. NO

K  N. Kaeding @KC

DEF Cincinnati vs. Cle

Bench:

BN W. Dunn vs. NO

BN D. Givens vs.Bal

BN J. Lewis @NE

BN Ro. Williams vs. Ind

BN T. Brady vs. Bal

The only substitutions I was thinking of doing are:

Ro. Williams for McCardell

and/or

W. Dunn for Julius Jones

Is this crazy or should I stay put?

573614[/snapback]

I would start Williams over McCardell. Williams plays a soft pass defense in what should be a high scoring affair on National TV.

I would not start Dunn over Jones. Jones will get his opportunity in Dallas now, and should try real hard to prove himself as a good RB now that he's healthy. Dunn has a nice matchup but is in RBBC.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WDIS RB -standard performance - pick one of the following...

Dillon v. BAL

Bettis v. WAS (assuming Staley is out)

Dunn v. NO

Westbrook @ NYG

I've been feasting with the Bus, but I fear tough D may prevail.  Same thing with Dillon.  Should I go with Dunn & hope for big gain TDs?  Westbrook looking healthy again?  Dunno.

Danke

573641[/snapback]

Lot of tough calls here. Each RB on the list has downside for some reason or another.

Westbrook just doesn't get the touches, and Dunn is in a RBBC. Play the Bus and Dillon, I think neither will do great, but those 2 should do well. Dunn has a great matchup, but the RBBC is not a good thing for him. If it looks like Staley will play, even if he splits with Bettis, bench Bettis and start Dunn.

Hugh,

As always, thanks for the advice!

Pick 3 receivers to start (WR or TE):

- H. Ward vs. WAS

- A. Lelie vs OAK

- E. Kennison vs. SD

- D. Branch vs. BAL

- J. Shockey vs. PHI

I've currently got Ward, Lelie and Kennison going, but wondered if you had any thoughts.

Thanks again, and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D

Hey Hugh, I just got offered a trade in which I receive Byron Leftwich and he receives Warrick Dunn. Below are our teams:

My Team:

Hassellbeck, Griese

A Green, F Taylor, C Brown, A Smith, A Thomas, W McGahee, W Dunn

R Wayne, N Burleson, D Bennett, P Burress, J Walker

Heap, Wiggins

Bucs, Bills

Carney, Feely

His Team:

Leftwich, Gannon, McNabb

E George, J Harris, T Barber, T Minor, Bettis, R Williams

Chamber, R Moss, K Colbert, Patten, Morton, Fitzgerald

McMichaels, Franks

Eagles

Elam, K Brown

This is a standard keeper league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def.

I am just not sure if Leftwich will be back this week or if he is even worth it. I have pretty good depth at RB, so losing Dunn shouldn't matter. He had offered me a much better deal yesterday, but ended up trading with someone else. Should I take it or counter?

573672[/snapback]

Problem is, Leftwich is not much of a QB upgrade. If you want to upgrade, go for McNabb, but it'll cost you more than Dunn. Losing Dunn doesn't hurt you, but it helps him, while getting Leftwich really doesn't help you a lot. He needs a RB bad. You have a surplus of good RB's. Offer him a better one for McNabb.

Hey Hugh..I start 3 WR's and the scoring is 1 point per 10 yrds and TD's are 3 points UNLESS they are 25 yrds or more than they are 6 points..which of these 3 do I start:

Holt at GB Monday night

A. Johnson at home vs Tenn

Horn at Atlanta

Gates (TE) vs KC

McCardell vs KC

Thanks in advance.

573676[/snapback]

Holt, Johnson and Horn.

Here's the scoop.  I have Leftwich to give to a team with Rattay or Harrington.  Trying to trade and benefit both teams.

My team

Brees

LT

Emmitt or Dunn

Clayton

Chad Johnson

Morton or Fitz

His team

Rattay

Tiki

Cumar

Harrison

Bruce

Stokely

He's got Fred Taylor on the bench.

He's declined my offer of Fitz and Lefty for Bruce and Harrington and countered with Stokely and Harrington for Fitz and Lefty.  I'm not thrilled with Stokely.  Is he really an upgrade over Fitz or Morton?  Any ideas for a fair trade?  Thinking of Lefty, Dunn and Fitz for Stokely, Fred and Harrington.  Thanks .

573684[/snapback]

Stokely is not really an upgrade. I like the last option, as it gets you a nice RB upgrade. Doubt he'll go for it though. You could really benefit from having Fred Taylor.

Need some help - I have excellent receivers going in 2 different leagues - all performance based scoring (pick 2 for each):

# 1 - D Jackson v Buff; A Johnson v Tenn; R Wayne at Chi; N Burleson v Jax

# 2 - T Holt at GB; D Mason at Hou; M Clayton at Car; N Burleson v Jax

Thanks for your help - enjoy your Turkey Day!

Hugh one,

I briefly toyed with the idea of starting Kevin Jones at home against Indy. He is looking like he understands the pro game more and more and breaks off some long runs. What I am worried about is that of course Indy is going to score a lot of points and Detroit might be forced to go away from the run. The other line of thought is that Detroit tries to stick with the run and use clock to keep Indy "O" off of the field. What are your thoughts? I could start Roy Williams or Rudi at Cleveland instead. No points for receptions. Bonus for TD's over 20 yards. Also starting Pittman, J Jones and either Andre or Chad Johnson.

Edited by ball bruisers

Thanks in advance and have a good Thanksgiving

Std performance scoring

T. Jones v Dallas or K. Jones v. Indy

I'm leaning to T. Jones but can't get that home matchup v Indy out of my head.

573725[/snapback]

Close call though. Indy's rush defense isn't horrible, they just can't stop the pass. Dallas has a slightly worse rush defense. With Pinner not getting touches, I think the Lions will try to commit to the run with Jones, which could mean good things. Only problem is if they get blown out and abandon the running game, KJ"s numbers will suffer. On the flip side, Dallas will not blow out Chicago, so TJ should get a bunch of carries. I think Thomas Jones is the safer play.

It looks like your getting smacked with plenty of questions. Anyway....would like your thoughts on WR: 1 pt/10yards- 6pt/td

D. Driver vs Rams

A. Johnson vs Titans

M. Harrison vs Lions

We start 2 WR.

573751[/snapback]

ASYS. Harrison is a stud. Johnson is almost a stud. Bench Driver.

Need 2 of these 3 rec's

A. Johnson

D. Driver

R.  Williams

I like A. Johnson and Driver.  If Driver was not playng on Monday night I may have selected Williams

Have you seen this question before from me:  Favre or McNabb?  McNabb tore up the Giants the first game of year.  But Favre on Mondaynight at home against the Rams!

573773[/snapback]

I would never bench McNabb, unless I had CPep or Manning.

I would start Roy Williams on National TV and A. Johnson.

Hugh,

As always, thanks for the advice!

Pick 3 receivers to start (WR or TE):

- H. Ward vs. WAS

- A. Lelie vs OAK

- E. Kennison vs. SD

- D. Branch vs. BAL

- J. Shockey vs. PHI

I've currently got Ward, Lelie and Kennison going, but wondered if you had any thoughts.

Thanks again, and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D

573805[/snapback]

I think Ward goes to the bench this week. After Burress went down last week, they doubled the heck out of Ward and he only had 1 more catch. No Burress this week hurts Ward a ton.

Start Lelie, Kennison and Shockey. Shockey had a TD, and him and Eli seem to like each other. I think it's worth a shot to see if that trend continues.

Good luck.

Need some help - I have excellent receivers going in 2 different leagues - all performance based scoring (pick 2 for each):

# 1 - D Jackson v Buff; A Johnson v Tenn; R Wayne at Chi; N Burleson v Jax

# 2 - T Holt at GB; D Mason at Hou; M Clayton at Car; N Burleson v Jax

Thanks for your help - enjoy your Turkey Day!

573815[/snapback]

A. Johnson and R. Wayne

T. Holt and D. Mason

Both no-brainers imo.

Julius Jones. :D

Emmitt's not a horrible option, and Dunn has a nice matchup but IS in a RBBC, so I think Jones is your best bet. Like I mentioned several times in other posts: he's healthy and being given an opportunity to prove himself, so he should post some nice fantasy numbers.

573122[/snapback]

Hugh, you say J. Jones is healty and now has the ability to prove himself. Would you start him over Portis this week who goes up against Pittsburgh? Let me know thanks.

Hugh one,

I briefly toyed with the idea of starting Kevin Jones at home against Indy.  He is looking like he understands the pro game more and more and breaks off some long runs.  What I am worried about is that of course Indy is going to score a lot of points and Detroit might be forced to go away from the run.  The other line of thought is that Detroit tries to stick with the run and use clock to keep Indy "O" off of the field.  What are your thoughts?  I could start Roy Williams or Rudi at Cleveland instead.  No points for receptions.  Bonus for TD's over 20 yards.  Also starting Pittman, J Jones and either Andre or Chad Johnson.

573828[/snapback]

Rudi is the right choice here. I also like Roy Williams, but not over Rudi. I agree 100% with what you said about K. Jones, and the possibility that the Lions abandon the run because they're getting spanked makes him a HUGH risk.

Hugh,

I want to follow up on something you wrote a few posts ago. You mentioned J. Jones over McGahee? Why? I would have bet a month's pay you would go with Willis over a fairly untested rookie.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

573841[/snapback]

I like McGahee. That being said, Seattle has a tough rush defense, and McGahee's 2 bad performance were both on the road. Guess what, he's playing in Seattle.

FYI, McGahee is, in essence, a rookie as well.

Also, Julius Jones is being given an opportunity, on National TV, in a game that should be close, to prove that he's healthy and worthy of being a starting NFL RB. I think he'll easily outperform McGahee this week.

JMHO's.

EDIT: Chicago gives up a lot of yards on the ground, 134 YPG.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Wow, I'd be benching my #1 pick, but it looks that that's the right choice. Thanks and have a happy T-giving.

573889[/snapback]

Same to you. :D

One more thing, Portis may have been your #1 pick, but he's certainly not playing like a number 1 pick, and this week he faces the toughest rushing defense in the NFL. Bench his ass.

EDIT: Those that follow this thread on a weekly basis know that I'm a firm believer in the ASYS theory. Portis has fallen from the ranks IMO, and now only plays when the matchup is favorable.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Legit question today...no stalking involved :D

I can start 2RBs, 3 WRs, and flex in one league

At Rb I have Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, Willis McGahee, Brian Westbrook worthy to start this week

At WR I have Hines Ward, Drew Bennett, Keary Colbert, Randy Moss, Amani Toomer, and Bobby Engram.

My thoughts are to start W McGahee, K Jones, and B Westbrook, as well as gambling on Moss, and then playing Ward, and lastly Bennett (Toomer against Philly, Engram 3rd wideout, Colbert vs. Tampa)

My questions are these...

1) Do you think J Jones is worth starting over one of my RBs

2) Do you think the gamble of Moss is worth it?

and 3) Might you give Colbert or Toomer the nod over Bennett?

1pt/20yd Ru/Re, 6pts per Ru/Re TD

Edited by Caveman_Nick