[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 11

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hugh,

I'm back with my weekly RB question?

I can start two, standard performance.

right now I'm starting Droughns vs. Oak (because he has brought me good luck--and you told me to pick him up!) and Dillon vs. Baltimore.

Sitting on the bench I have O Smith vs. Jac-- benched because I still think it its rbbc at MN. Also on the bench, McAllister vs. Atl.--no reason to bench him- wondering if it is a mistake to bench him.

Advice is apprecitated. I'm the only girl in my league, and if I win this game, I could probably seal up a place in the league play offs. Thanks.

Legit question today...no stalking involved :D

I can start 2RBs, 3 WRs, and  flex in one league

At Rb I have Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, Willis McGahee, Brian Westbrook worthy to start this week

At WR I have Hines Ward, Drew Bennett, Keary Colbert, Randy Moss, Amani Toomer, and Bobby Engram.

My thoughts are to start W McGahee, K Jones, and B Westbrook, as well as gambling on Moss, and then playing Ward, and lastly Bennett (Toomer against Philly, Engram 3rd wideout, Colbert vs. Tampa)

My questions are these...

1) Do you think J Jones is worth starting over one of my RBs

2) Do you think the gamble of Moss is worth it?

and 3) Might you give Colbert or Toomer the nod over Bennett?

1pt/20yd Ru/Re, 6pts per Ru/Re TD

573930[/snapback]

Interesting dilemmas. Instead of answering your question, I'll give you upside/downside of the individual players which should aid in making your decision.

K. Jones - OK, so Pinner is out of the picture, and KJ will get the load. That is a good thing. The one, BIG problem I have with KJ this week is that there is a good chance that Indy goes up big, often, and Detroit abandons the running game. If Detroit can keep it close, and KJ gets his touches, he'll have a VERY nice game. Unfortunately, that's a HUGH if.

J. Jones - Well, looks like Julius is going to get the rock too. He's healthy, and he'll want to prove that he's a worthy NFL RB. He's also playing a Bears rush D that gives up a lot of yards, and there is no way this game will be a blow out, and with the trials and tribulations (some might call it a disaster) that is the Dallas passing offense, I see Julius getting a lot of carries and a lot of yards. A TD might be tough to come by as the Bears rush D is stingy in the red zone.

McGahee - I really like Willis, and he's a workhorse, and he should get a lot of touches as this game shoud be close as well. One concern with McGahee is that he's had 2 bad starts out of 4. Really bad starts. Both of those were on the road against good rushing defenses. Guess what, he's on the road against a good rushing defense.

Westbrook - Doesn't get the touches needed to put up HUGH fantasy numbers, and seems to be in a little bit of a RBBC with Levens. Decent matchup against the Giants, but I think he'd be at the bottom of my RB list based on your other options above, although between him and KJ would be close.

Moss - If he plays, start him. Not even Tice is stupid enough to try and use him as a decoy again. If he plays, he'll be healthy enough to contirbute, and we all know what that means.

Ward - I bench him this week. Why? No Burress. Last week, after Burress went down, Ward was doubled, and managed only 1 catch. I don't start him this week.

Your only other WR worth considering is Bennett. I think he sould post some numbers this week as well. Forget Colbert and Toomer and Engram.

So, did that help? :D

Boys and girls, I'm going to answer mnsooner's question, and then I am done for the week, so please don't spend time posting questions, as they will not get answered.

Have a great Turkey Day, huddlers. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hi Hugh,

I'm back with my weekly RB question?

I can start two, standard performance.

right now I'm starting Droughns vs. Oak (because he has brought me good luck--and you told me to pick him up!) and Dillon vs. Baltimore.

Sitting on the bench I have O Smith vs. Jac-- benched because I still think it its rbbc at MN.  Also on the bench, McAllister vs. Atl.--no reason to bench him- wondering if it is a mistake to bench him.

Advice is apprecitated.  I'm the only girl in my league, and if I win this game, I could probably seal up a place in the league play offs.  Thanks.

573947[/snapback]

O. Smith should remain on your bench because you have 3 way better options.

No way you bench Droughns against Oakland, he should have a HUGH day.

I would bench Dillon. Both have tough matchups, but I think Baltimore's rush defense is better. They're similar in yards allowed, but Baltimore has given up only 5 rushing TD's, while Atlanta has allowed 12. So, start McAllister over Dillon.

Pick 2 of each

RB

LT at KC

Blaylock vs Chargers

McGahee at Seattle

WR

Ward vs Skins

Coles at Steelers

Mason at Texans

Kennison vs Chargers

Thanks

573974[/snapback]

LT, Blaylock. No questions asked

Ward, Mason. Coles ia a no go, and Kennison might get consideration over Ward.

But...people are talking about Ward being double covered, blah, blah, blah. He was ;ast year as well when Plexiglass was playing invisible man, so I wouldn't worry about that. Big Ben has been throwing to Burress because it's easier for a young guy to develop confidence in a big target. He will learn the effectivenss of Ward this week.

Gentlemen, and ladies, I'm back for the Turkey Day Weekend Fantasy Advice Edition of the Free Fantasy Advice Thread.

So, please feel free to ask your lineup questions, and please post any pertinent information that might be needed to help me make a decision, like scoring or rosters or matchups etc.

Please DO NOT ask me to pick your entire lineup.

I will only be able to answer questions for most of the day today, and then I'm out of town until next week, so get your questions in early.

Fire away. :D

572874[/snapback]

Need 1

C.Brown

Julius Jones

B.Westbrook

Need 1

J.Witten

J.Shockey

Need 2

E.Kennison

R.Williams

A.boldin

1pt/10yd 6pt/TD

thanks

Interesting dilemmas. Instead of answering your question, I'll give you upside/downside of the individual players which should aid in making your decision.

K. Jones - OK, so Pinner is out of the picture, and KJ will get the load. That is a good thing. The one, BIG problem I have with KJ this week is that there is a good chance that Indy goes up big, often, and Detroit abandons the running game. If Detroit can keep it close, and KJ gets his touches, he'll have a VERY nice game. Unfortunately, that's a HUGH if.

J. Jones - Well, looks like Julius is going to get the rock too. He's healthy, and he'll want to prove that he's a worthy NFL RB. He's also playing a Bears rush D that gives up a lot of yards, and there is no way this game will be a blow out, and with the trials and tribulations (some might call it a disaster) that is the Dallas passing offense, I see Julius getting a lot of carries and a lot of yards. A TD might be tough to come by as the Bears rush D is stingy in the red zone.

McGahee - I really like Willis, and he's a workhorse, and he should get a lot of touches as this game shoud be close as well. One concern with McGahee is that he's had 2 bad starts out of 4. Really bad starts. Both of those were on the road against good rushing defenses. Guess what, he's on the road against a good rushing defense.

Westbrook - Doesn't get the touches needed to put up HUGH fantasy numbers, and seems to be in a little bit of a RBBC with Levens. Decent matchup against the Giants, but I think he'd be at the bottom of my RB list based on your other options above, although between him and KJ would be close.

Moss - If he plays, start him. Not even Tice is stupid enough to try and use him as a decoy again. If he plays, he'll be healthy enough to contirbute, and we all know what that means.

Ward - I bench him this week. Why? No Burress. Last week, after Burress went down, Ward was doubled, and managed only 1 catch. I don't start him this week.

Your only other WR worth considering is Bennett. I think he sould post some numbers this week as well. Forget Colbert and Toomer and Engram.

So, did that help? :D

573957[/snapback]

Sort of. Westbrook was my one definite start at RB. Thanks for clouding the issue B)

Seriously, my main consideration was KJ vs. JJ at RB, for the reasons you stated. I like McGahee this week, and have no worries about Westbrook against a battered Giants defense. The only thing holding me back from pulling KJ is that Detroit needs him for possession time, unless they start getting down big. This game is going to be a battle royal, though, and I think the Colts will underestimate the Lions TGday play. They are very good at home on Turkey day.

Read my other post on Ward. I think he'll be fine. And so I will keep my WRs as I have them currently.

THX :D

LT, Blaylock.  No questions asked

Ward, Mason.  Coles ia a no go, and Kennison might get consideration over Ward.

But...people are talking about Ward being double covered, blah, blah, blah.  He was ;ast year as well when Plexiglass was playing invisible man, so I wouldn't worry about that.  Big Ben has been throwing to Burress because it's easier for a young guy to develop confidence in a big target.  He will learn the effectivenss of Ward this week.

573983[/snapback]

Don't make me lock this thread. :D

The only thing holding me back from pulling KJ is that Detroit needs him for possession time, unless they start getting down big.

573985[/snapback]

I seriously could see this game 21-0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. That would mean Jones would have been in on 2 series, getting maybe 5 or 6 carries. If that does happen, his numbers will SUCK, making JJ the much better option.

I seriously could see this game 21-0 with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. That would mean Jones would have been in on 2 series, getting maybe 5 or 6 carries. If that does happen, his numbers will SUCK, making JJ the much better option.

573989[/snapback]

:bricks:

I know...that's the thing that scares me... :D

You gotta admit, though...I have a point!!  :D

573992[/snapback]

Different QB last year my friend. Apples and oranges. :D

But being that you seem in the mood to answer some WDIS questions, I posted one a little while ago, it's only a post or two down on the main page, check it out kind sir.

Edited for link: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=75830

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Need 1

C.Brown

Julius Jones

B.Westbrook

Need 1

J.Witten

J.Shockey

Need 2

E.Kennison

R.Williams

A.boldin

1pt/10yd 6pt/TD

thanks

573984[/snapback]

Steppin' in for Hugh...

I'd start Westbrook, Williams, Witten.

I think he might vote Jones, Witten, Boldin...but who am I to put words in his mouth.

Rudi is the right choice here. I also like Roy Williams, but not over Rudi. I agree 100% with what you said about K. Jones, and the possibility that the Lions abandon the run because they're getting spanked makes him a HUGH risk.

573854[/snapback]

Thanks a lot. Happy turkey day!

hey hugh....happy thanksgiving. :D

green owner here...should i drop chicago for t. fisher? i'm assuming this neck stinger is a pretty minor injury?

so then, assuming it's a good idea to get fisher....WDIS at my flex RB spot? (pick 1)

a. green (vs STL)

t. fisher (vs STL)

c. taylor (@NE)

mcgahee (@SEA)

pittman and edge are in....i don't really like willis this week, taylor i like a little better, but should i hold off till monday and use whatever packer RB looks like the best bet? if green doesn't look good, i'll have the benefit of plugging fisher in there, instead of having to make a prediction on sunday?

also, WDIS at my flex WR spot? (pick 1)

gonzo (vs SD)

mccardell (@KC)

burleson (vs JAX)

harrison, holt, walker are in....it's pretty much b/w gonzo and mccardell right now. that should be a great game....maybe give the edge to gonzo?

'preciate any insight you can shed....thanks man :D

Hey Hugh need some help.......

D Mason at Houston

M. Muhammad vs Tampa Bay

C. Johnson vs Cleveland

A. Johnson vs Tennessee

Need 2 can you help

574042[/snapback]

Tough picks. Ride the hot hand with Muhammed until someone stops him, and I would probably go with AJ for my other starter. He's so much better than the Titans DBs

hey hugh....happy thanksgiving. :D

green owner here...should i drop chicago for t. fisher? i'm assuming this neck stinger is a pretty minor injury?

so then, assuming it's a good idea to get fisher....WDIS at my flex RB spot? (pick 1)

a. green (vs STL)

t. fisher (vs STL)

c. taylor (@NE)

mcgahee (@SEA)

pittman and edge are in....i don't really like willis this week, taylor i like a little better, but should i hold off till monday and use whatever packer RB looks like the best bet? if green doesn't look good, i'll have the benefit of plugging fisher in there, instead of having to make a prediction on sunday?

also, WDIS at my flex WR spot? (pick 1)

gonzo (vs SD)

mccardell (@KC)

burleson (vs JAX)

harrison, holt, walker are in....it's pretty much b/w gonzo and mccardell right now. that should be a great game....maybe give the edge to gonzo?

'preciate any insight you can shed....thanks man :D

574046[/snapback]

The safest Rb start of that group is McGahee. Don't start Taylor at NE, and I would stay away from GB's injury problems.

At WR I would go with McCardell. Gonzo's tough to sit, but unless you get special consideration for starting a TE (1 pt per catch kinda thing), KC will be in hot water all day against the Charger offense.

Hugh One... hopefully it's not too late:

Pittman vs CAR or Taylor vs MIN?

Leftwich vs MIN or Brooks vs ATL?  Is Leftwich healthy enough to start him? 

As always, thanks.

574056[/snapback]

It's too late, but I'll give it a shot for ya.

I go with Taylor. Minn just can't play defense, even at the goalline.

But, I play Brooks vs Atl. I don't play Leftwich until I see him come back healthy. I like the conservative approach most times.