[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS WR Question

Hugh 0ne

OK, I have a WR dilemma. I need to start 3 of the following 4:

M. Muhammed vs. Tampa Bay - probably the hottest WR in the game right now

J. Smith at Minnesota - Leftwich looks to play, and it's against the Vikes terrible secondary

D. Mason at Houston - Another good matchup, and a really good WR

R. Williams vs. Indianapolis - Thursday game, big stage, getting healthier, great matchup

What do you think and why?

J. Smith at Minnesota - Leftwich looks to play, and it's against the Vikes terrible secondary

R. Williams vs. Indianapolis - Thursday game, big stage, getting healthier, great matchup

573893[/snapback]

This is VERY easy IMO. Bench Roy. Just exactly what has he done since week 2 or 3 Hugh? He's over rated.

573893[/snapback]

I'd probably say sit Roy Williams down also. Tempting I agree because it's a showcase game and the Lions historically get up for turkey day. But your other (3) wideouts are all solid and proven, which makes me say play it safe. It would be hard to sit Muhammed because of the way he's been playing, but he could come down to earth vs. TB's pass defense :D

Hugh - I'd bench Muhammed. Yeah he's hot, but two things to consider: Tampa's D isn't that bad, and your other WRs' matchups are better. If you have a playmaker going on Thanksgiving, you pretty much have to play him. I'm playing Williams over Moulds this week for that very fact (and that Moulds has been blah). Yeah he hasn't put up big numbers in weeks... but if there's any week for that to take a turn, it's this week. A mild risk, but with big upside.

Can't bench Smith, especially against the Vikes with Leftwich back. And can't bench Mason (leading the NFL in catches, isn't he?) against the somewhat-poor Houston secondary.

I don't think you can go wrong benching Williams for Muhammed, if you must make that switch. I just think Williams has a much higher upside this week.

I'd sit Mason.

Muhammed...well, you just can't sit him right now. Well, you could, but I'm a stick with the hot hand guy.

Williams...you have to think Detroit is going to try and gunsling with the Colts, because what else can you really do? Williams is the man, and if Hakim goes he will have that much more of a chance to excel.

Smith is the guy, playing a real soft D. The Texan's D is more impressive to me than the Vikings, and McNair is just getting back.

I have always thought Mason was overratted in fantasy circles anyways. He pulls 2 big games a year and is mediocre most of the time. This might be the week, but I'm not betting on it.

I'd sit Mason.

Muhammed...well, you just can't sit him right now.  Well, you could, but I'm a stick with the hot hand guy.

Williams...you have to think Detroit is going to try and gunsling with the Colts, because what else can you really do?  Williams is the man, and if Hakim goes he will have that much more of a chance to excel.

Smith is the guy, playing a real soft D.  The Texan's D is more impressive to me than the Vikings, and McNair is just getting back.

I have always thought Mason was overratted in fantasy circles anyways.  He pulls 2 big games a year and is mediocre most of the time.  This might be the week, but I'm not betting on it.

574005[/snapback]

I was really leaning towards Roy Williams, but both you and Avernus make the same, valid points to start him over Mason. :D

Thanks for the response. :D

I would bench Muhammed although I hate benching anyone playing well.  I just like the other matchups better and I honestly think TB will be all over Carolina this week.

573979[/snapback]

Hugh I would bench Roy Williams in this one. He had a great matchup last week and did nothing with it , so I would play the other WRs who have been playing more consistent lately. I don't think Antoine Winfield can handle Jimmy Smith

( and I am a Vikings fan , so it hurts to say ) , Muhammed can't be benched until he has a let down game in my book , and Mason seemed to be back on track with McNair last week.

Good luck and happy thanksgiving