[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clinton Portis

Skrappy1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that worked well also. 2 carries -1 yard for Betts. I know this is going to sound crazy but what's up with Gibbs. Betts in at the GL for Portis. And don't tell me Portis isn't a big back, because he did fine in Denver at the GL, and more importantly Betts is a small back also. Just makes no sense.

I'll bet that Mike Shanahan's laughing his a$$ off right now.  Danny Boy gets duped again!  :D

Portis is a good back, but there's no way that he's worth $50.5 million.

579189[/snapback]

Portis should have been more appreciative of his surroundings in Denver ... he traded being great and rich for being mediocre and a bit richer. Not worth it. Once you get to a certain dollar amount, I just don't see what you do with the rest -- at that point, I'd rather win and play well ...

Gibbs is CHOOSING to play Betts over Portis??? What an idiot! Gibbs needs to go back to the racetrack, because football has passed him by. I'm still a believer in Portis (no, I don't own him in any of my leagues), so I would think there's got to be a way to get Portis involved more in the gameplan to make him effective.

he traded being great and rich for being mediocre and a bit richer. 

579344[/snapback]

Actually, Portis made A LOT more by signing with Washington. He was a second-round pick and, IIRC, was making significantly less than $1 million/year in Denver.

I don't blame Portis for taking the money and running, but the dumbass fantasy owners who drafted him in the first round this year got what they deserved.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Gibbs is CHOOSING to play Betts over Portis???  What an idiot!  Gibbs needs to go back to the racetrack, because football has passed him by.  I'm still a believer in Portis (no, I don't own him in any of my leagues), so I would think there's got to be a way to get Portis involved more in the gameplan to make him effective.

579557[/snapback]

I agree. Gibbs is a much bigger problem than Portis. Sad to say, but Gibbs' time in football is over. He's not the coach he once was.

Actually, Portis made A LOT more by signing with Washington.  He was a second-round pick and, IIRC, was making significantly less than $1 million/year in Denver.

I don't blame Portis for taking the money and running, but the dumbass fantasy owners who drafted him in the first round this year got what they deserved.

579577[/snapback]

Hey! I resemble that remark! On further review, I was a dumbass for doing it and you are right (dammit). :bricks:

Double dumbass on me for thinking Gibbs would be able to get that running game working.

Edited by Gunther

Actually, Portis made A LOT more by signing with Washington.  He was a second-round pick and, IIRC, was making significantly less than $1 million/year in Denver.

579577[/snapback]

I'm in first place Dumbass. I don't think Portis' lack of production is his fault - as much as it is injuries to the O-line and Gibbs' inept coaching.

Portis value should be better next season. A Lot depends on how Gibbs/Synder improve the o-line.

Defense will be stout once players get healthy from injuries.

They need to be a pass the buck (Brunell) to some other team or to the bread line (Bears maybe).

Hopefully they can find a better QB or OC to call better plays to the strengths of the players.

Portis value should be better next season.  A Lot depends on how Gibbs/Synder improve the o-line.

Defense will be stout once players get healthy from injuries.

They need to be a pass the buck (Brunell) to some other team or to the bread line (Bears maybe).

Hopefully they can find a better QB or OC to call better plays to the strengths of the players.

579659[/snapback]

Next year will be very interesting in deed. I agree some changes need to be made, but the best way to continue a to lose is to make too many changes. Especailly on the O-line. Get your right tackle back and maybe add a guard, but let the line gell and Portis could be an entirely diferent player next year.

Next year will be very interesting in deed.  I agree some changes need to be made,  but the best way to continue a to lose is to make too many changes.  Especailly on the O-line.  Get your right tackle back and maybe add a guard, but let the line gell and Portis could be an entirely diferent player next year.

579985[/snapback]

I would agree. They have Samuels at one T and he's good. They get Jansen back at the other T and he's good. At one G they have Thomas. Which means G and C next year. If they can add 1 good guy at one of those positions, and straighten out the passing game you'd have to think Portis can be back as a top 5 RB or so. I also want to add that while he hasn't done much this year going to Betts is a bad call by Gibbs IMO. Stick with Portis. At least he has HR ability on every play, and that O needs that BADLY. I see no positive that can come from playing Betts. We know he isn't good or the answer, so why?

Portis should have been more appreciative of his surroundings in Denver ... he traded being great and rich for being mediocre and a bit richer.  Not worth it.  Once you get to a certain dollar amount, I just don't see what you do with the rest -- at that point, I'd rather win and play well ...

579344[/snapback]

I think you guys are being a little unfair to Portis aren't you?

He was traded to Washington for Bailey. He didn't leave as a Free Agent.

As fas as being worth the money I have a hard time believing any of them are worth the money.

But even with Portis' awful game yesterday he is still on pace to go well over 1300 rushing yds this year. As for his lack of TD's, that's inherent to the entire Offense.

I'll be looking forward to next year to see what develops, Mort was saying on ESPN yesterday that Gibbs Diabetic condition may force him into an office job with the Skins next year. Which would mean a new coach, yet again.

With some improvement on the O-line and a QB, Portis could be right back to 1500 rushing yds and 10-12 TD's next year.

That could make him a sleeper next year, if someone with nearly 4500 yds rushing in 3 seasons could be considered a sleeper?

I'll be looking forward to next year to see what develops, Mort was saying on ESPN yesterday that Gibbs Diabetic condition may force him into an office job with the Skins next year. Which would mean a new coach, yet again.

580062[/snapback]

In a post game interview Gibbs said he was fine.