[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Which RB Along With Edge

giantsfan

Lewis v Cincy

Blaylock at Oak (already start Green and Gonzo)

Portis v NYG

If Lewis plays I'm leaning towards him against the bad Cincy D. Agree?

Also if he doesn't who between the other 2. Logic says Blaylock, but who knows if he losses more carries to LJ. Seems unfair considering his worst game was against the NE D and he still had like 95 total yards, but it is what it is. Plus Portis is playing the very bad and hurting Giants run D at home.

Already starting Edge v Tenn.

Edited by giantsfan

If Lewis plays your decision is an easy one. He ripped Cinci earlier this season. However, I also have Lewis and am planning on not having him available.

Blaylock is a risk with LJ starting to get more carries. KC wants to see what they have with LJ.

I would start Portis. This is a winnable game, good matchup and the 'skins are desperate. Portis will get the ball and if anyone is due, it's Portis.

Thanks for answering mine. :D

I live in Baltimore, and according to the local sports talk radio station Lewis WILL NOT be playing this week. That being said, go with Blaylock, Portis hasnt scored in ages.

585489[/snapback]

Really that's good info. I heard Lewis would practice this week no? Also do they think he'll be back next week if he misses this week?

Thanks for the info

Agree. Lewis if healthy. But if not, I'd actually go w/ Portis over Blaylock. Not-so-tough NYG rushing defense, and Gibbs is on the hotseat of public opinion, and might let Clinton get him off. That sounded bad, but you know what I mean. Blaylock will likely lose some carries to LJ, and at least you know Portis will get all the carries as Washington shouldn't fall behind and turn to Betts/passing as early as other games.

I say go ahead and go with Blaylock if Lewis isn't playing... Washington's offense surprises and threatens no one. The Giants don't have to be very good to stack 8 men in the box and play the numbers game along the line of scrimmage against Portis. Until Ramsey shows he can beat a team, I think Portis will be in for some tough outings.

rotoworld is reporting that KC will be using a RBBC w/ Blaylock and LJ. with that in mind, I think I'd have to go with Portis (assuming Jamal is out).

In Vermeil's press conf he said this:

Q: How do you plan on using Derrick Blaylock and Larry Johnson on Sunday?

VERMEIL: “It’ll be similar to last week, I’m sure.”

Which means we'll see more Blaylock. LJ had 10 carries 6 of which came on 1 drive. Plus Blaylock was in on the last drive and started the game. Including catches they both had 11 touches. We have a good thread going on the pro football forum about the KC running back situation.

Which means we'll see more Blaylock. LJ had 10 carries 6 of which came on 1 drive. Plus Blaylock was in on the last drive and started the game. Including catches they both had 11 touches. We have a good thread going on the pro football forum about the KC running back situation.

585541[/snapback]

You seem to want to start Blaylock, so start him if that's what your gut tells you. Mine just says Portis this week, but that's why FF is so exciting week to week...different opinions on diff.players.

585541[/snapback]

Blaylock (or any KC RB that is getting carries, for that matter) always has the potential to bust a few TDs, but 11 touches isn't enough for me to hang my hat on. I think I'd go with Portis just b/c you know he'll see the ball more than that and the NYG run D isn't exactly great (letting up 4.5 ypc).

Havent heard much about whether Lewis will practice much this week or not. My guess is they will take it easy on him since they can beat Cincy at home without him.

The ravens will need Jamal badly over the rest of the season, of course who even knows if he'll be back next wek either. :D

You seem to want to start Blaylock, so start him if that's what your gut tells you. Mine just says Portis this week, but that's why FF is so exciting week to week...different opinions on diff.players.

585560[/snapback]

No it's not that. What it is, and it's all over the thread from me in the other forum, is that I think Blaylock is getting the short end of the stick. Even in a "good" game for LJ last week he was at 4.3 YPC and Blaylock was at 7.1 YPC. From stat A to Z Blaylock is better than LJ and they are both 25 so don't tell me future. To be honest with you if Jamal doesn't play I will most likely start Portis and Edge. Blaylock is just too risky if LJ is going to play some for sure.

No it's not that. What it is, and it's all over the thread from me in the other forum, is that I think Blaylock is getting the short end of the stick. Even in a "good" game for LJ last week he was at 4.3 YPC and Blaylock was at 7.1 YPC. From stat A to Z Blaylock is better than LJ and they are both 25 so don't tell me future. To be honest with you if Jamal doesn't play I will most likely start Portis and Edge. Blaylock is just too risky if LJ is going to play some for sure.

585613[/snapback]

I agree, I'd run Blaylock all day long if I were Vermeil, but that's not going to be the case, and I'd just go with the guy in a solo situation over a RBBC guy. Not trying to talk you INTO Portis, either, just saying that's my own strategy, and Portis, as bad as he's been most of this year, just seems to have less risk against a poor Giants D..

I agree, I'd run Blaylock all day long if I were Vermeil, but that's not going to be the case, and I'd just go with the guy in a solo situation over a RBBC guy. Not trying to talk you INTO Portis, either, just saying that's my own strategy, and Portis, as bad as he's been most of this year, just seems to have less risk against a poor Giants D..

585638[/snapback]

I agree. If Portis can't run well against the Giants this week he might never again this year. Lets keep one thing in mind here. As "bad" as Portis has been he's still on pace for 1375 yards and is still a top 15 or so RB this year. What an awful year LOL.