[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a man among Men Hugh,

Ok, Battle for second place in the league this week, and boy do I have some matchups.

2 Qbs I know you'll love:

McNair vs. Indy or

Plummer vs. SD. I like McNair's matchup better, and he looks like he can play, I'm just a little worried he'll be knocked out of the game.

next, I'm starting Droughns and Blaylock, but I have C.Taylor and Goings at thrid RB. I'm leaning toward Goings because he'd up against NO defense and as you said, Taylor isn't Lewis.

Finally, I'm starting Marvin vs. Tennesse, but I'm debating about whether to start Stokley or Clayton. Clayton has been more consitent, but Stokley is clearly more explosive and I was thinking he could figure in well if Dyson and Rolle are matched up with Marvin and Reggie.

Thanks as always

Hugh Dog,

Good morning. Trying to lock up a playoff spot and have questions at RB. Here’s who I have:

Rudi Johnson away at Baltimore

Travis McGahee away at Miami

Michael Pittman home vs. Atlanta

Derrick Blaylock away at Oakland

Julius Jones away at Seattle

Nick Goings away at New Orleans

I’m leaning toward McGahee, Goings and either Pittman or Jones. The Blaylock/Johnson RRBC pushes me away from that great match up. Whadda ya think?

Side question: With the RRBC in KC, should I drop Blaylock to pick up Johnnie Morton, who just appeared on the waiver?

EDGE vs. Tenn or Julius Jones vs. Seattle . Im leaning towards Jones simply because he will get the goal line carries. James although great for yardage td's win games. But my reservation is that Jones has had one good week and seattle's D could decide to show up Monday. Torn between A proven back and a rookie. Your help would be appreciated.

Hugh One, i hope this is not a repeat question , and thanks in advance for the reply,

need to decide between the following rbs

j.jones/f.taylor/o.smith/t.jones/a.smith

pretty much have set aside a special spot on the the end of my bench for t.jones , i was leaning towards j.jones and o.smith, the fact that fred taylor does not score tds just kills me in our league. once again thanks for you advice .

Yo Hugh,

I'm 9-3, but have lost 2 in a row. I am however still in 1st. Lost to Pittman, Droughn and Culpepper 2 weeks ago and to Manning and Bruce this week. Both close games :D

Lineup is below, standard scoring, * denotes starter

QB: *Griese v. ATL, Hass v. Dal, Rattay @ STL

RB: *LT v. DEN, *McGahee @ Mia, Westbrook v. GB, Faulk v. STL

WR: *Owens v. GB, *Walker @ Philly, RWilliams v. ARZ, Branch @ Clev

TE: *Wiggins @Chic, Shockey @ Wash

K: *Carney v. CAR, Brien v. Hou

D: *Cincy @ Balt, Jets v. Hou

Couple of Ques. :D

1. Wiggins or Shockey? I'm leaning towards Wiggy, better QB, better system

2. Def. Cincy is the 4th D in my league, but can I pass up the Jets v. Hou?

3. WR: Philly v. GB could be a barn burner so do I go with Walker as I have been or does Williams or Branch deserve a shot?

If you see anything else I'm missing your opinion is always accepted. I benched McGahee for Westbrook last week, doh. I think he and LT are going to roll this week.

Thanks for the insight!!

B)

Tough choice for my #2 RB this week:

Onterrio gets the starting nod for the Vikes and appears to be "the man" after last week. He gets a not very good Bears run defense...I'm of the opinion that the healthier Moss gets the better the running game will be.

Chester Taylor, however, really intrigues me against an awful Bengal defense. Obviously if Jamal is active it would be a different story, but if not?...........

Hugh One, i hope this is not a repeat question , and thanks in advance for the reply,

need to decide between the following rbs

j.jones/f.taylor/o.smith/t.jones/a.smith

Hey Hugh, are you tired of typing julius jones' name yet? i picked him up last week, didnt start him B) still won :D

yea im starting him this week :D

can you help me out with receiver

d. jackson vs cowboys

d. branch vs browns

m. muhammad vs saints

j. witten vs seahawks

right now ive got branch and muhammad starting :D

thanks in advance!

Post 'em. I will not pick your entire lineup.

Fire away.

585653[/snapback]

I have a problem most would love to have. I am loaded at RB.

J.Lewis**

F.Taylor**

C.Dillon**

J.Jones*

S.Jackson*

G.Jones*

Now my problem is that I can only start 2 every week. So I was looking at trading one of my (starting**)RB's for a Draft pick and maybe another for a upgrade at QB (My QB's are Brooks, Carr)

There is also the factor that I can hold over one player that was drafted after the 6th round. They are marked with (*) Up till a week or so ago I was thinking S.Jackson but now Im thinking J.Jones.

My Q. to you is who would you keep and who would you trade?

hi.

who do i start at QB:

Tony Banks

Todd Bouman

at RB who do i start(must start 2):

Damien Anderson

Kevin Brown

Musa Smith

Kalani Sitake

at WR i must start 3:

Cory Bradford

Eric McCready

Chad Lucas

Nate Jackson

Rob Turner

and at kicker i must pick out of these 2!

Billy Bennett

Matt Simonton

!!!!

my team is 9-3! :D

Great advice.

I need help filling out my flex for this weekend. I just picked up Pinkston off of waviers and am thinking about using him because of the Packers BAD secondary and he's been getting a lot of looks lately from McNabb.

Here are my choices and I just need 1 of these guys for this week. Thanks a bunch.

Plax Burress(vs Jags)

Eric Johnson(vs Rams)

Todd Pinkston(vs Packers)

Duce Staley(vs Jags)

Brandon Lloyd(vs Rams)

Hi Hugh,

Your wisdom has prompted me to register. Here's my situation:

RB: T. Barber, R. Droughns, O. Smith, N. Goings

WR: I. Bruce, M. Muhammad, R. Williams, D. Branch, A. Boldin

I know ASYS is the mantra, but my two ace RBs are up against staunch rushing D's. Not to mention they're both stitched up (Tiki knee and Reuben hand) and my backups face soft rushing D's. I need to start two. I'm in favor of sitting my studs--please talk me into it.

In my WR situation, I think it might be Holt's turn this week after Isaac's big game and costly fumbles. And although I just read Roy is faster and healthier than he's been in a month, I'm not quite sold given his recent performance. Do Branch or (ack, QBBC) Boldin fit in here? I need to pick three of the five.

Thanks in advance...

PS Scoring as follows: 6/TD, 1/10Yds rush, 1/20Yds rec., 1/Rec.

Edited by TTT

Hello Hugh, need some more sound advice. I posted a sight yesterday about my opponent trashing the huddle. Don't know if you saw it. Wanted to see if you concur with the advice given. Basically:

Farve or Carr: 6 points for td or 300 yds passing

Jimmy Smith, Whitten or L J Smith: 6 points for td or 100 yds recieving

Seattle D vs Cowboys or Skins D vs Giants: 6 points for td and 1 per turnover or sack

Eagles beat Pack or Panthers beat Saints: 6 points for win

My opponnet will play the Pack, for sure. If I go Eagles and win I get 6, he gets 0 and vice versa.

I kind of like Whitten this week over Jimmy Smith since Smith scores little and has not produced much lately. :D I also like Farve.

Hi Hugh, Thanks for all your advice.

With the advent of Trent Green's injury, should I go ahead and start Roethlisberger or wait it out for a game time decision? Trying to pick up someone would be a waste becuase no good qb's are on the waiver wire.

Also, rb question. Same old dilemma, I can only start two, but how can you bench any of these guys? O Smith, D McAllister, C Dillon and Droughns.

I'm thinking Smith because he got the tap and he plays the Bears.

Droughns because he is a total stud... or Dillon becuase he has been so solid in the past 4 games. I do not know how to begin.

Thanks.

Thanks for the advice last week. 2 questions.

1. WR's (please list in the order you would start them)

C. Johnson vs. Bal

H. Ward vs. Jax

D. Jackson vs. Dal

M. Clayton vs. Atl

D. Branch vs. Cle

K. McCardell vs. Den

2. RB's in flex position (please list order) Already start Edge & Droughns

D. Blaylock vs. Den

O. Smith vs. Chi

D. Staley vs. Jax

586228[/snapback]

C. Johnson

D. Jackson

M. Clayton

H. Ward

K.McCardell

D. Branch

Blaylock and Onterrio.

hey hugh....couple questions if ya don't mind.

brees vs DEN -- (DEN pass D: 200.8 ypg / 11 TDs)

griese vs ATL -- (ATL pass D: 232.1 ypg / 13 TDs)

do i play brees every week, at this point, regardless of matchups?

and pick 3 RBs please....

pittman vs ATL -- (ATL rush D: 101.3 ypg / 13 TDs)

edge vs TEN -- (TEN rush D: 115.3 ypg / 11 TDs)

a. green @ PHI -- (PHI rush D: 120.7 ypg / 7 TDs)

n. davenport @ PHI -- (PHI rush D: 120.7 ypg / 7 TDs)

mcgahee @ MIA -- (MIA rush D: 136.6 ypg / 8 TDs)

c. taylor vs CIN -- (CIN rush D: 137.4 ypg / 7 TDs)

so, what do you make of all these choices?

-edge is basically a must start (even though it's a TD-heavy league - see sig for scoring)

-mcgahee looks next best this week

-pittman's played well...has tougher matchup, but could make up for it in the air? alstott's there to vulture :D

-green looks probable...was supposed to practice today, but still...

-davenport now looks like he injured his ribs? :D

-taylor's got a sweet matchup, but he's still chester taylor. plus, lewis may return?

please help me find some clarity here dude!! 'preciate it! thanks.... B)

586265[/snapback]

I think you have to start Brees, unless you have a much better option. Griese is not a much better option. Go with Brees.

At RB, I would be careful with Green this week. 2 reasons: he might be slowed a little by his injury and since you have better options why take a chance, and second, the Eagles made some defensive moves to improve against the run by moving Trotter inside and Simonau (sp?) outside that seem to have worked, and they're not horrible against the run to begin with, only allowing 7 rushing TD's.

So, I think I would go with Edge, McGahee and Pittman. I know the huddle has inflated stats for C. Taylor, but I think they base a lot of that on what Jamal Lewis did against the Bengals earlier this season, which was 186 yards I think. That being said, Chester Taylor is not Jamal Lewis. The Bengals do give up a lot of yards on the ground, but have only allowed 7 TD's. The Bengals will force Baltimore to throw the ball. I really don't see Chester Taylor having a good day, or at least not as good as your other options.

Hi Hugh...

Ive posted this and got some good responses but id love to hear your thoughts...

Looks like Jones and Goings here but the 3rd RB is still up in the air for me...

Thanks

Heres my problem...

Pittman vs Atl

Goings vs NO

Faulk vs SF

Lewis vs Cin

Jones vs Sea

Since i have Holmes injured and Lewis banged up, i streched myself to pick up backups incase i need them....well the time is now...Which 3 to start?

Also NOTE that S.Jackson is availible along with L.Johnson to be picked up on WW..

Thanks in advance

586267[/snapback]

I think you go with Pittman. Now I've mentioned this before, Pittman's performance on the ground was a little scary last week, and the fumbles didn't help, and Alstott's return doesn't help, but Faulk is not a better option imo because Martz is a moron and he splits with Jackson, and I don't think Jamal Lewis will play.

Another WDIS--

R. Curry vs. KC  or Roy Williams vs. AZ

Thanks!

586297[/snapback]

Wow. Now that's an interesting one. Seems like a no-brainer at first, but when you look a little closer:

Curry YTD: 41 Recs for 538 yards and 4 TD's.

Williams YTD: 35 Recs for 529 yards and 5 TD's.

The obvious thing is that Williams played 2 less games, Williams has done NOTHING since coming back from his injury, all those numbers were put up in the first few weeks of the season, Curry is hot while Williams is not.

Matchups:

KC Pass D: 255 yards and 20 TD's

AZ Pass D: 199 yards and 13 TD's

OK, all that being said, it actually favors starting Curry. However, I wouldn't do it, and here's why: Williams had 2 TD chances last week, one he could have caught, one was a horrible throw from Harrington. I think Harrington, probably fighting for his job now, will play better this week. Also, Williams is obviously the #1 WR on Detroit, while Curry, at best, is the #2 option. Roy Williams has been involved in 77 plays, in 2 less games than Curry, while Curry has been involved in 61. That's the big difference.

Go with Williams.