[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

Hey Hugh, same question as last week. I have already clinched my division and hold a 125 point lead in total points for #1 seed, so this week isn't that important except for bragging rights.

Tiki, Pittman, or D. Davis? Need 2.

also:

Ward, Mason, or Clayton? Need 2

I am leaning towards Davis and Pittman. I do not like Tiki's matchup this week against the Redskins as I think they will flood the box to stop the run and make Manning beat them. Also am leaning towards Mason for sure. I am still tossing around Ward and Clayton!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay any thoughts on this one?

I'm in a small league and have a chance to pick up O. Smith if I drop C. Brown.  I have S. Alexander and F. Taylor and a 3 RB roster limit. 

Never mind the obligatory comment that I must be in a 3 person league with idiots.  I am, so be it. :D  What would you do?  I have the ability to wait for Brown to get healthy, but who knows if he will?  And Smith is supposedly the guy in Minn, but who knows if tha is really true?

Thanks!!

586359[/snapback]

Tough call. C. Brown's injury has to be a concern. Onterrio is the man in Minnesota, and with Moss back he should do very well.

:D

Yeah, I think I'd do it. There's a chance Brown is done for the year. Why mess around with that when there is a nice option like Onterrio Smith out there.

Happy Holidays, Hugh!

Need some RB help once again!

Who should I start alongside Rudi?

1) Barlow @ STL

2) Zereoue vs KC

TERRIBLE options.. But with Wheatley out and Suggs against NE, I think this is it! Luckily I've clinched a playoff spot. Thanks!

I have T. Green and I just picked up C. Pennington because they say he has a 50-50 chance of playing but the problem is that both of these guys are questionable for this week. K. Collins and K. Holcomb are both available as free agents in my league.

So, Should I drop Pennington and pick up one of these guys? If so, which one?

586362[/snapback]

Can't answer this question right now, but if you're concerned about both of them not playing, I'd say that's HIGHLY unlikely. If they do play, they are both good options. Green has been on fire, and Pennington plays one of the worst pass defenses in the league. One, or both of these guys will go, so you'll be OK, and either Green or Pennington is a better option than Collins or Holcomb imo.

WDIS..need 2..Blaylock, Pittman, D.DAVIS...my scoring is listed below.  Thanks Hugh One

586380[/snapback]

All nice options. I like D. Davis, I'd start him. There are a lot of things that bother me about Pittman, and since Blaylock has a nice matchup, you should probably start him.

O Smith or Chester Taylor? Gotta start on eof these guys

586391[/snapback]

Onterrio Smith. I've said this before: I think the huddle projections for Taylor are way too high. They base it largely on J. Lewis success against the Bengals earlier in the year. Chester Taylor is not Jamal Lewis. The Bengals will make adjustments, and try and force Baltimore to beat them in the air.

Hugh One

If you had a chance to target a Running Back for next year out of the 3 who would it be and in what order?

J Jones

W McGahee

C Portis

586392[/snapback]

Right now, I'd have to say McGahee. In 2 weeks, I might be changing my tune and saying Julius Jones, but McGahee has proven himself, Jones hasn't. Yet. Forget about Portis.

You're a man among Men Hugh,

Ok, Battle for second place in the league this week, and boy do I have some matchups.

2 Qbs I know you'll love:

McNair vs. Indy  or

Plummer vs. SD.  I like McNair's matchup better, and he looks like he can play, I'm just a little worried he'll be knocked out of the game.

next, I'm starting Droughns and Blaylock, but I have C.Taylor and Goings at thrid RB.  I'm leaning toward Goings because he'd up against NO defense and as you said, Taylor isn't Lewis.

Finally, I'm starting Marvin vs. Tennesse, but I'm debating about whether to start Stokley or Clayton.  Clayton has been more consitent, but Stokley is clearly more explosive and I was thinking he could figure in well if Dyson and Rolle are matched up with Marvin and Reggie.

Thanks as always

586399[/snapback]

McNair. Better matchup, better QB. Looked decent last week.

Goings. You just can't pass up this opportunity imo.

Stokely is hit or miss. He was a hit last week. Generally he has a good week, and then a bad week. Maybe it's because defenses who play him after he had a good week watch tape and make adjustments. I don't think you start Stokely over the much more consistent Clayton. Too big of a risk of Stokely doing nothing imo. I don't think Clayton will light it up against a decent defense, but 80 yards and maybe a TD should be in the cards, while Stokely may end up with only 1 or 2 catches.

Need 2 wins to make it into play offs.. 4 teams are condending for the last spot.

Julious Jones vs SEA

Chester Taylor vs CIN

N.Goings vs NO

Blaylock vs OAK

I can play 3RBs.. Please select 3 out of 4..

thanks

586428[/snapback]

Julius Jones and Nick Goings. IMO, you can't pass up the Goings matchup, and Jones should do very well as well.

All are decent options. :D

Hugh Dog,

Good morning. Trying to lock up a playoff spot and have questions at RB. Here’s who I have:

Rudi Johnson away at Baltimore

Travis McGahee away at Miami

Michael Pittman home vs. Atlanta

Derrick Blaylock away at Oakland

Julius Jones away at Seattle

Nick Goings away at New Orleans

I’m leaning toward McGahee, Goings and either Pittman or Jones. The Blaylock/Johnson RRBC pushes me away from that great match up. Whadda ya think?

Side question: With the RRBC in KC, should I drop Blaylock to pick up Johnnie Morton, who just appeared on the waiver?

586429[/snapback]

WR's in KC are a real crap shoot. I wouldn't really want Morton, although I don't know what your other WR options are.

At WR, I'd start Julius Jones, Travis McGahee's brother, Willis, and Nick Goings. No Zach Thomas in Miami make an already bad rush defense worse so Willis McGahee is a must start. I don't think you can pass up Goings going against NO, another must start. I'd give you the low down on Julius Jones and why I think you should start him, but I've already typed it about 10 times.

EDGE vs. Tenn or Julius Jones vs. Seattle . Im leaning towards Jones simply because he will get the goal line carries. James although great for yardage td's win games. But my reservation is that Jones has had one good week and seattle's D could decide to show up Monday. Torn between A proven back and a rookie. Your help would be appreciated.

586443[/snapback]

Tough call. As much as y'all know I like Julius Jones, I don't think I'd start him over Edge. :D

Hugh One, i hope this is not a repeat question , and thanks in advance for the reply,

need to decide between the following rbs

j.jones/f.taylor/o.smith/t.jones/a.smith

pretty much have set aside a special spot on the the end of my bench for t.jones , i was leaning towards j.jones and o.smith, the fact that fred taylor does not score tds just kills me in our league. once again thanks for you advice .

586448[/snapback]

Tough call. 3 very good options in J. Jones, F. Taylor and O. Smith. I don't think you can bench Taylor. Del Rio said he's going to get Taylor even more touches (he had 22 last week) and Taylor's looked very good recently. I don't think you can bench Onterrio. He's the man in Minnesota now, no RBBC, Moss is back which opens up the running game. I don't think you can bench Julius Jones. He's a workhorse getting 30 + touches in the last two games and he's trying to prove himself to Parcells.

Can't you start all 3?

If I had to bench one I'd flip a between Taylor and O. Smith. Probably O. Smith would ride pine.

New here hugh. I already posted this alone, but thought I could get your advice as well. WR: pick three: Wayne, colbert, curry, witten, or Fitzgerald? Not good options I know. But I am stuck. Thanks in advance!

586520[/snapback]

Probably Wayne. He's by far the most consistent WR of those options, and he has a nice matchup.

Hugh-

Struggling with the following decisions:

Which WR's to start (3):

Ward at JAC

Smith vs. PIT

Givens at CLE

McCardell vs. DEN

Morton at OAK

Starting Smith for sure. Not too sold on the rest - what do you think?

Which DEF to start:

NE at CLE

BUF at MIA

NE is solid and playing an untested QB; BUF has been playing great defense and is playing a weak Miami team.

Thanks Hugh!

Hey Hugh...have to start 1 of these 3 RB's:

Scoring is 1 point per 10 yrds..TD's are 6 points

R. Johnson vs Baltimore

Droughns vs San Diego

Pittman vs Atlanta

Thanks in advance..

586525[/snapback]

Tough call. All have tough matchups. I think Droughns is the best option. SD is stingy when it comes to yards on the ground, but they have given up 12 rushing TD's. I'd expect 90-100 yards from Droughns and a TD. I don't think Rudi or Pittman will do as well.

hugh, you at it again this morning?

up to this point, i have seen plenty on julius jones and nick goings, but i don't think there has been one asking you to choose between the 2. i have alexander as my #1 back, and need one of these guys for #2 since jamal looks to be out. jones has impressed me, but goings is up against the saints. i'd love to hear you opinion.

also, i've been leaning against starting delhomme over brees due to the hot hand and the matchup. any take on that?

thanks. appreciate any insight you can add.

(roster, pts., lineup req. in sig)

Yo Hugh,

I'm 9-3, but have lost 2 in a row.  I am however still in 1st.  Lost to Pittman, Droughn and Culpepper 2 weeks ago and to Manning and Bruce this week.  Both close games  :D

Lineup is below, standard scoring, * denotes starter

QB: *Griese v. ATL, Hass v. Dal, Rattay @ STL

RB: *LT v. DEN, *McGahee @ Mia, Westbrook v. GB, Faulk v. STL

WR: *Owens v. GB,  *Walker @ Philly, RWilliams v. ARZ, Branch @ Clev

TE: *Wiggins @Chic, Shockey @ Wash

K: *Carney v. CAR, Brien v. Hou

D: *Cincy @ Balt, Jets v. Hou

Couple of Ques.  :D

1. Wiggins or Shockey? I'm leaning towards Wiggy, better QB, better system

2. Def.  Cincy is the 4th D in my league, but can I pass up the Jets v. Hou?

3. WR:  Philly v. GB could be a barn burner so do I go with Walker as I have been or does Williams or Branch deserve a shot?

If you see anything else I'm missing your opinion is always accepted.  I benched McGahee for Westbrook last week, doh.  I think he and LT are going to roll this week.

Thanks for the insight!!

B)

586603[/snapback]

I think you've got it 100% right. Branch and Williams are not better options than Walker, even though Favre has been spreading it around a little, I like Walker to bounce back and get more than 2 catches. I don't like starting NE WR's, too inconsistent for me.

Problem with Shockey is that he has to pass block a lot, so they can't utilize him like they should. Funny thing is, he's a terrible pass blocker. LOL. Anywho, Wiggins has been very active, and should continue to be so. Start him.

I'd probably start the Bengals. Depending on your scoring system. Houston has offensive weapons, they'll be able to score some points against the Jets. The Ravens offense, especially without Jamal Lewis, is vulnerable to say the least.

I think everything else looks good. Good luck. :D

Julius Jones and Nick Goings. IMO, you can't pass up the Goings matchup, and Jones should do very well as well.

All are decent options. :D

586957[/snapback]

Doh! ... of course it's Willis. Typing too fast. Thanks for the advice.

As for that WR question, my current WRs are Holt, McCardell, Burleson & Stokely. The only reason I'd drop Blaylock (RBBC) and pick up Morton is looking down the line at the playoffs (KC at home vs. Denver and KC at home vs. Oakland). I start two WRs each week. Would Morton be a good play over my other guys?

Holt (@Zona/home vs. Philly)

Burleson (@Lions/home vs. GB)

McCardell (@Cleveland/@Indy)

Stokely (home vs. Ravens/home vs. Chargers)

Thanks.

Tough choice for my #2 RB this week:

Onterrio gets the starting nod for the Vikes and appears to be "the man" after last week.  He gets a not very good Bears run defense...I'm of the opinion that the healthier Moss gets the better the running game will be.

Chester Taylor, however, really intrigues me against an awful Bengal defense.  Obviously if Jamal is active it would be a different story, but if not?...........

586609[/snapback]

I've given my opinion on Chester Taylor several times. The huddle has his projections very high, but I think they are basing it mainly on the success Jamal had against them earlier in the year (186 yards I think). Chester Talyor is not Jamal Lewis. The Bengals will make Boller beat them with his arm They can do that and be succesful because Chester Taylor is not Jamal Lewis.

Onterrio Smith is the man in Minnesota, with Moss in the lineup, the running game will flourish. No RBBC, Moss, good matchup, what more could you ask for. Start Onterrio.

Hey Hugh, are you tired of typing julius jones' name yet? i picked him up last week, didnt start him  :D  still won  B)

yea im starting him this week  :D

can you help me out with receiver

d. jackson vs cowboys

d. branch vs browns

m. muhammad vs saints

j. witten vs seahawks

right now ive got branch and muhammad starting  :D

thanks in advance!

586774[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing, if Julius Jones has a bad week we'll have some unhappy huddlers looking for me on Monday morning. :D

Muhammed. Before last week he was the hottest WR in the league. He should return to form against the poor Saints defense.

I would start DJax over Branch. I've just never been a fan of NE WR's. Too many options, too inconsistent. Jackson has a nice matchup as well.

Good luck. B)

I have a problem most would love to have. I am loaded at RB.

J.Lewis**

F.Taylor**

C.Dillon**

J.Jones*

S.Jackson*

G.Jones*

Now my problem is that I can only start 2 every week. So I was looking at trading one of my (starting**)RB's for a Draft pick and maybe another for a upgrade at QB  (My QB's are Brooks, Carr)

There is also the factor that I can hold over one player that was drafted after the 6th round. They are marked with (*) Up till a week or so ago I was thinking S.Jackson but now Im thinking J.Jones.

My Q. to you is who would you keep and who would you trade?

586789[/snapback]

I would keep Julius Jones, Corey Dillon, and F. Taylor. Problem with trading Lewis is that he's hurt. So, if you can't get good value for Lewis, hold onto him and move Fred Taylor.

hi.

who do i start at QB:

Tony Banks

Todd Bouman

at RB who do i start(must start 2):

Damien Anderson

Kevin Brown

Musa Smith

Kalani Sitake

at WR i must start 3:

Cory Bradford

Eric McCready

Chad Lucas

Nate Jackson

Rob Turner

and at kicker i must pick out of these 2!

Billy Bennett

Matt Simonton

!!!!

my team is 9-3! :D

586793[/snapback]