[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 12

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great advice.

I need help filling out my flex for this weekend.  I just picked up Pinkston off of waviers and am thinking about using him because of the Packers BAD secondary and he's been getting a lot of looks lately from McNabb. 

Here are my choices and I just need 1 of these guys for this week.  Thanks a bunch.

Plax Burress(vs Jags)

Eric Johnson(vs Rams)

Todd Pinkston(vs Packers)

Duce Staley(vs Jags)

Brandon Lloyd(vs Rams)

586795[/snapback]

I wouldn't start Pinkston. Dude can't catch a cold for 2 months now he has 2 decent weeks. I'm not sold on him yet.

For me it would be between Staley and Lloyd. Both scare me a little, but for different reasons. SF blows, and Rattay has been bad and banged up, but Lloyd is the primary target and they're playing the Rams. Staley has been hurt, Bettis was great, and he has a togh matchup. That being said, it looked like he could have been ready last week, so the injury may not be an issue.

I normally like starting RB's, but I actually think I'd give the nod to Lloyd this week.

Hugh, need a little help this week. I'm on a 6 game win streak and fighting for 1st place. This is the last game before playoffs. Need help at RB and WR

RB's Edge, D. Davis, Staley, S. Jax, & D. Rhodes

WR's C. Johnson,J. Walker,Chambers,Curry,Evans

Obviously at RB, I start Edge. I need #2, leaning towards D. Davis. Thoughts on Staley

At WR I'll start C. Johnson for sure. Curry's been hot. Walker faces a tough D this week, Chambers has picked up the last couple of weeks, and Evans is getting more involved it seems now that Bledsoe has figured out how to throw the ball again. (And the fact that the Bill's have finally got a running game).

So, after C.J. which two WR would you start?

Thanks,

Solo

You've got yourself some nice options there.

Julius Jones will get many touches, and will never ask to come out of the game. Julius Jones will do very well. Start him.

Pittman's performance on the ground last week was bad. He fumbled twice. Alstott is in the mix. I think he'll do OK, but you have better options.

The Vikes can run when Moss plays. The Vikes have abandoned the RBBC. This is all good for Smith. Smith should do very well.

McGahee's been butter, and has a nice matchup. I just don't think I can sit this guy.

Wow, real close between McGahee, Jones and Smith. :D

Bench Smith.

Nice options. :D

585850[/snapback]

OK, i have same situation as I am starting mcgahee and j jones, but i am benching fred taylor to start j jones. I know taylor is up against the pitt d, but qwould you bench taylor for julius?

Hey Hugh. I am considering making some changes to my WR corp. I currently have Harrison, R Smith, Kennison, Fitzgerald, McCareins, and Burleson. I have my eye on Branch and/or Bennett. We must start 3 WR and we get 1 point/20 yards and 6 points per TD.

Right now I am thinking about dropping Fitzgerald (due to inconsistent play and a Rookie QB) and picking up Branch.

Are my thoughts on the right track? Also, should I consider picking up Bennett? I am kind of weary of picking up Bennett due to inconsistent play.

Thanks in advance for your help dude! Your input is always appreciated!

Hugh, any thoughts on this?

I win my division and clinch the play-off with a win this week, but my weak-spot is WR. I've got Moulds in as my #1, but here are my options at #2:

J. Jurevicious (vs. ATL)

A. Bryant (vs. NE)

A. Randall El (vs. JAC)

D. Patten (vs. CIN)

On the waiver wire, the best I see are J. McCareins, Lee Evans, and T. Pinkston. Is there any hope for me?

You've got yourself some nice options there.

Julius Jones will get many touches, and will never ask to come out of the game. Julius Jones will do very well. Start him.

Pittman's performance on the ground last week was bad. He fumbled twice. Alstott is in the mix. I think he'll do OK, but you have better options.

The Vikes can run when Moss plays. The Vikes have abandoned the RBBC. This is all good for Smith. Smith should do very well.

McGahee's been butter, and has a nice matchup. I just don't think I can sit this guy.

Wow, real close between McGahee, Jones and Smith. :D

Bench Smith.

Nice options. :D

585850[/snapback]

thanks mucho...much help

Hey Hugh,

First time asker here. Need to start 2 RB's TD/Preform

D.Davis @ NYJ

W.McGhee@ Mia

D.Blaylock@Oak

J.Jones @ Sea

K.Jones @ Ari

C.Taylor Vs Cin

Leaning toward Davis & Mcghee, but a couple of the other match ups look pretty tempting................

Thanks

Roadie

Hugh: is it time to dump the Seahawks' DEF and just play the match ups? I'm giving them the bench right now, but I'm not sure they are even worth a roster spot anymore. I'm tempted to play the Vikings DEF this week (versus the Bears) and the Jags' DEF next week (also versus the Bears).

Edited by yo mama

trade advice

offered T.GREEN/ A.GREEN/ D.BRANCH/ AND D.STALEY

FOR

BREES/ F.TAYLOR/ C.BROWN/ AND ROY WILLIAMS

unsure of the playing status of Green and Staley????????

my roster now

brees/griese

taylor/k.jones/c.brown/minor/wheatley

holt/r.williams/e.parker/kennison/pathon

e.johnson

non keeper performance based scoring 12 team

thanks for ur time

I am in a standard scoring league, 1pt/10 yds rushing/receiving, 6pts/TD.

My lineup is:

QB- Culpepper

WR- Wayne

WR- Holt

WR- Mason

RB- Droughns

RB- Thomas Jones

TE- T. Gonzalez

WR/RB- ??

I have on my bench:

Chester Taylor (vs CINCINATTI)

K. Colbert (@ New Orleans)

N. Burleson (@ Chicago)

La. Johnson-KC (@Oakland)

I am leaning toward Chester Taylor because the Cincy run D is suspect. What advice can anyone give me?

A lot of people have been telling me to sit Thomas Jones and start Taylor in his place. What do you think of that? and if I was to do that, who would you start at RB/WR spot I still have open?

Thanks Hugh!

Hugh, I am in a tough spot this week. Lets talk RB's (the tough part) then quickly about WRs and "D"

RB's

Must Start Deuce McAllister. I have a banged up C. Brown, Tom Jones and Stephen Jackson. If Brown can play, I almost have to go that way. Otherwise, S. Jackson may be an even better option that Jones at this point. What do you think?

WR Stokley or D-Jax on Monday night

Defense: I have Da Bears and Chargers, but I am temped to pick up Minn Def. to play against Chad Hutch and Da Bears. What so ya think?

What up Hugh?

Need to start 3 of the 5 RBs.  TD/Performance + 1 point per rec.

Edge vs. TEN

C Martin vs. NYJ

Mcgahee vs. MIA

Blaylock vs. OAK

J.Jones vs SEA

Blaylock is tempting, but is it a no brainer to start Edge, Martin, Mcgahee?

585865[/snapback]

C Martin vs. NYJ????????

:D

Just had to be an ass and point that typo out.

Hugh....Looking for your opinion about a trade offer...

I get Shaun Alexander (RB) and Tony Gonzalez (TE)...he gets Javon Walker (WR) and Antonio Gates (TE).

This is a TD Scoring only league and we don't have playoffs.

Obviously, Alexander is better than any of my current RB's...but my current RB's aren't awful and I would probably need to find another WR. Maybe I could then trade Dillon or MacAllister for a better WR. After all that, do I really gain?

Am I giving up too much here? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Hugh,

QB is my only real weak spot on my team. (performance league.)

Which 1 of these 3 should I go with this week:

Carr @ NYJ

Griese vs. ATL

Collins Vs. KC

I'm thinking about going with Collins over Griese. KC could be a shootout.

What do you think?

all right H-1...... I seldom require advice in setting my lineup :D ....... but this weekend I need some quality 2nd. thoughts.

Homer league.... HUGH $$$.....probably need a win to get in the playoffs.

It's simple........ Driver in Philly...... or D-Jax on MNF vs. the cowboys. My opponant has Hasselbeck going on Monday if that plays into your thoughts. :D

Driver has over-achieved as of late getting more touches & scores that Javon and is heading into a very hostile environment. D-Jax hasn't been able to catch a cold dropping 4 passes again last weekend before my very eyes. :eek: thank God I didn't start him.

I just gotta feeling that it's time to play D-Jax over Driver this weekend due to the matchups..... the MNF crowd ( and I'll be there baby ! )...... and I like playing a reciever into my opponants QB.

The 3rd. option is sitting Onterrio Smith....... but I like him alot vs. chicago.

Hey,

Which one of these 2 RB's should I start this week?

Reuben Droughns, and Derrick Blaylock.

Blaylock @ Oakland

Droughns @ San Diego

Scoring system:

10 Rush Yards = 1 Point

1 Touchdown = 6 Points

I am leaning towards Droughns.

What do you think?

Edited by Aquos92

Señor Hugh,

Last week you told me to play J. Jones & F. Taylor over C. Portis and I got the win. This week I plan to do the same, but I need help at WR this week.

Moulds @ Miami

CJ @ Baltimore

Jimmy Smith vs. Pittsburgh

S. Moss vs. Houston

M. Muhammad @ New Orleans

I need to pick 3. 1pt - reception, 1pt - 10yds, 6pt - TD's

Please help, GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!1

12 team league, need help at RB. Can only start 2. 3 point bonus for 10 - 39 yard TD, 6 point bonus for 40+ yard TD.

Derrick Blaylock

Chester Taylor

Domanic Davis

Nick Goings

Blaylock and Davis kicked ass for me last week, but I think the matchups this week heavily favor Taylor and Goings, and they're the two that don't have backups stealing TD's. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. I'm only in the playoffs by 16 points with 2 games to go - can't have a bad week!

Need 3 of the following:

McCardell vs. Broncos

Boldin vs. Lions

S. Moss vs. Texans

Burress vs. Jags

R. Curry vs. Chiefs

Moss has put up good numbers with Q. Carter, but Pennington may start. 

Boldin has been getting better each week and torched the lions last year, but Navarre will be the QB (ouch!)

Burress is still dinged up, but will likely play.

McCardell has been okay, but Gates gets the TDs.

Curry has great upside if this turns into a shootout.

So, I'm leaning McCardell/Boldin/Moss, but maybe replacing someone with Curry.  Help! Your thoughts and advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

586706[/snapback]

Posted individually, but could really use your advice. Thanks :D

Edited by GreenHorns