[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 13

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok back for another typical question Favre or McNabb?  Also since this week either puts me in the playoffs or not  I have two other questions.  Do I start R. Williams or D. Driver (both playing eachother).  For my 3rd rb position should I sart C. Taylor (Giants) over W. Dunn (OAK) and S. Jackson (Carolina)

Thanks for all your advice this year!!!

600197[/snapback]

You know, I'd almost never bench McNabb, but he has a tough one this week, and you have another really good option. Favre should bounce back this week against a very week Lions defense, I'd start him over McNabb, I think it's the safer bet. I can't see McNabb being shut down by the solid Skins defense, but I can see Favre lighting it up against the Lions.

Roy Williams is cold. Real cold. I'd start Driver.

Chester Taylor is your best option at RB.

Hey Hugh,

This sounds like a good system. I have 2 questions for you.

1) I need to play two running backs. Which 2 should I play: A.Green vs Det, D.Davis vs Ind or McGahee vs Cle?

2) Which QB should I play: A.Brooks vs Dal or Carr vs Ind?

Standard performance league.

Howdy Hugh.

I'm pretty set in my lineups for the leagues that I'm still alive in.  But in my "big money" league, I'm still trying to get the best lineup out there (we play a Skins game).

My RBs this week are all sorta blah.

Davis vs. Indy:  He had his "breakout" game this season against them when they were behind by 1395791375.  Should happen again, so should Davis remain active and in my lineup?

Smith vs. Seattle:  Uh, if McGahee and Jones can do it, why couldn't Smith?  Should I be worried about Bennett and Moe?

Green vs. Detroit:  Well I guess he's healthy, but will Favre just say "OK let me throw the ball 60 times so we win"?

I need 2.  Thanks - and feel free to check out my IDP thread.

:D

600208[/snapback]

I disagree. I think you have very nice options.

Let's look at the rushing defenses:

IND: 119 YPG, 9 TD's allowed

SEA: 116 YPG, 14 TD's allowed

DET: 122 YPG, 8 TD's allowed

Nothing glaring here, except that Seattle gives up significantly more TD's on the ground. Problem here is that they may go to Williams and not Smith.

I think I'd play the two guys that really don't give up many touches with the slightly tougher matchups. I'd start Green and Davis. I like Green because I think there is a good chance GB buries DET, allowing GB to run the ball and run down the clock. I like Davis because he runs hard, is a big part of the passing game, and has had several good weeks since being healthy again.

Good luck.

Hey hugh, Would you start Droughns over Mcallister this week, i'm leaning toward starting Droughns simply because he's been more consistent and on a team that is winning once in a while, a good team.  The broncos give more than 7 carries, I'm looking for an expert opinion even though this may be a no brainer question, thanks.

600212[/snapback]

I'd start Droughns. Miami is soft against the run. No Zach Thomas again this week won't help. Shanny mentioning that he'll play Bell won't help Droughns, but I think he's a better option than the flailing McAllister.

Well,

I'm trully surprised this thread isn't locked yet. If you don't get to this don't worry yourself (not that I would expect you too). I am down to what I fear is my last week:scared:. My match-ups are not conducive to a victory and moving on to the next playoff round, but hear goes. RB is my death sentance this week pick two, performance league with extra pts for length of TD.

T Jones v Jacksonville

C Brown v KC (A Smith is still available FA)

M Pittman v SD

FA available:

S Jackson v Car

L Johnson v Tenn

M Hicks v Arz

I have two FA picks available. I am considering going with C Brown and if he doesn't start inserting A Smith. Otherwise, I would have to pick Jones over Pittman just based on match-up and fact that Pittman similar to last year is starting to wear down. M Hicks is kind of a wild card and based on my situation might be worth a flyer here. What do you think?

As an addendum, I want to thank you for the time and effort you put into this thread week in and week out. You do a lot of work and put in a ton of time for something that obviously doesn't put any food on the table, but in my opinion is one of the better resources on the Huddle. B) In the likely event I an no longer in need of your service after this weekend, I hope your and your family a happy and healthy holiday season and merry and prosperous New Year :D . THANKS.

Thinking about having myself a good Monday night and rollin' the dice with Brown/Smith and L Johnson. :D

Edited by GoTs

Need 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR

Cmart @ Pitt - bad matchup

Pittman @ SD - bad matchup

deuce @ dallas - bad team, coeach

duckett vs oak - how many carries?

j smith vs chicago

clayton vs SD

porter @ATL

roy williams @ GB

mccardell vs TB

thinking cmart, pittman, smith, clayton, and deuce

thanks

Well, I myself, am not a Vick fan. He can have hugh games, but as was evident last week, he can kill you as well. Vick vs. Brees is a risk vs. reward scenario. If you want to play the guy that will throw for 200-250 yards, and throw 2 TD's, start Brees. If you want the guy that might pitch a dud, BUT could have 100 yards rushing, a rushing TD, 200 yards passing and 2 passing TD's, start Vick. If it were me, unless I felt totally overmatched by my opponent (which can't be the case because you have good startes and good matchups this week), I would start Brees.

At the flex I'd start Blaylock. I prefer RB's over WR's in general, and neither Morton or Bryant are consistent producers.

Good luck.

601077[/snapback]

Great advice as usual, thank you for taking your time to answer all of these WDIS questions (mine and fellow huddlers). B):D:D

Can start only 2 rb's

J.Jones vs. N.O

Green vs DET

Weastbrook vs WAS

also 2 wr

Moulds vs clev

bennett vs kc

clayton vs sd

600230[/snapback]

Julius Jones is the no-brianer here, and because of the tough matchup, I'd bench Westbrook and start Green.

I'd start Moulds and Clayton. All three should do well, but Bennett is the #2 WR and will probably get less looks.

PIck 2 WR and 1 TE

WR

Mason vs Kansas City

Ward vs NY Jets - hit or miss even though he is a stud?

Kennison at Tennessee- hit or miss?

Boldin at Sam Fran - I like him as a possible sleeper

TE

Wiggins vs Seattle

Heap vs NY Giants

Thanks

600241[/snapback]

I think Mason should have a very nice MNF against the Chiefs. I would start him.

Kennison is too hit or miss for me. I do not like KC WR's. I'd bench him.

Ward is a great WR, but without Burress to take away some attention, and against a very good defense, I'd bench him.

Boldin against a horrific 49er secondary should be a very nice option. Start him.

Yep, Boldin and Mason.

Uh, Wiggins. No brainer. The Vikes are 5-1 at home, and run the offense much better. Heap is still not 100%. Wiggins all the way.

hey hugh...WDIS?

brees vs TB (def: 159.9 ypg / 13TDs)

griese @ SD (def: 236.8 ypg / 13TDs)

brooks @ DAL (def: 232. 3 ypg / 25TDs)

brees killed me last week...do you figure he's in tough again this week? should i play the matchup and go with brooks or griese?

and pick 3 RB please...(scoring in sig)

edge @ HOU (def: 121.3 ypg / 4TDs)

pittman @ SD (def: 78.7 ypg / 14TDs)

mcgahee vs CLE (def: 139.4 ypg / 16TDs)

green vs DET (def: 121.8 ypg / 8TDs)

davenport vs DET (def: 121.8 ypg / 8TDs)

c. taylor vs NYG (def: 134.8 ypg / 10TDs)

mcgahee looks great this week...i'd have a hard time benching edge (does HOU's low TDs against worry you?)...looks like pittman will be in tough this week (but is SDs high TDs against enticing?)...then there's the green bay situation and taylor....what are your thoughts?

thanks man :D

600245[/snapback]

Did you watch the MNF game? Did you see that disaster of a Dallas secondary? Start Brooks and don't look back.

Edge. McGahee. Green.

Pittman's matchup is tough. Alstott is healthy. Bench Pittman.

Chester Taylor is a good option as well, especially with the injuries to the Giants, but I wouldn't start him over your other, better options imo.

Thanks for your help last week. 2 questions this week.

1. Culpepper is my starter and I play in a 2 qb league, last week I had Volek who was great as a 2nd qb and I will play him again this week if McNair is out, but My question is: 

Do I play Roeth as my 2nd qb or p/u Chandler if Volek isn't playing?

Who to start Roeth or Chandler?

2. Who should be my flex players (choose 2)

O. Smith, E. Kennison, D. Blaylock, M. Clayton, or K. McCardell

Thanks again.

600249[/snapback]

I'd be very surprised if McNair doesn't go, so you should probably plan accordingly.

Roethlisberger wins. Roethlisberger does not put up good fantasy stats, and without Burress again, the passing game once again will not be flourishing. Chandler is a better option imo. Better matchup, better weapons.

At flex, I'd start Onterrio and Clayton. Vikes at home play well, they should really open up the passing game, which in turn will open up the running game. Look at what JJ did last week against the Hawks.

Hi Hugh,

Due in part to you, I'm in the playoffs. Thankyouverymuch.

Week 14 doesn't matter, so I'm looking ahead to the playoffs. There are a couple of things I'd like your two cents on.

1. My TEs have some difficult match ups in week 15 and 16, plus they've been sucking. Heap is available. Is there anyone on my roster (sig below) I should drop to pick him up?

Shockey (at home vs. Pit/away vs. Cincy)

McMike (at home vs. NE/at home vs.Cleveland)

Heap (at Baltimore/away vs. Pit)

2. Housemanwhateverhisnameis (the Cincy WR) is also available. Any reason I would drop someone on my roster to make room for him?

Holt (at Zona/at home vs. Philly)

McCardell (at Cleveland/at Indy)

Burleson (at Detroit/at home vs. GB)

Stokley (at home vs. Baltimore/at home vs. SD) -- I really like him as long as Dallas Clark is out.

Thanks Hugh. You rock!

600255[/snapback]

Heap is still banged up, and has the Steelers in what would be your Super Bowl. Unless this is a keeper league of some sort, I don't think Heap is worth a shot this year.

I would not drop any of your WR's for Houshmandzadeh. He's had a few decent weeks, but didn't have a single TD in the first 10 games, so I'd be quite wary of his consistency, and make no mistake, CJ is the man in Cincy.

Hey Hugh, 

Wow you do this and  have a life?  I'm even more impressed.

I'm going a little crazy this week at RB and QB, and I could use a little sanity.

QB, should be easier, Plummer vs.Miami, Griese vs. SD, McNair vs. KC 

Griese seems to be the safest option, my stupid gut is telling me McNair.  It's wrong right?

RB, I can start 3:

Goings vs. Stl

C.Taylor vs. NYG

C.Brown vs. KC

Blaylock/Johnson vs. Ten

Droughns vs. Mia

Goings and Taylor look like nice options, provided Taylor plays.  Since I have two other backs in the Monday night game, I'm tempted to play Blaylock and C.Brown and if Brown doesn't go I can put in Johnson, but

A) should I just play either Brown or Blaylock/Johnson depending on if Brown starts

:D do you have any thoughts on Blaylock vs. Johnson?

thanks a lot man.

600342[/snapback]

If McNair goes, he's the better option. MNF stage, and the KC defense. Who could ask for anything more?

At RB, start Goings. I really like the idea of starting the two MNF backs, in hopes of starting Brown. If Brown goes he could have a great game, and I think it's worth a shot. Then, worst case, if he doesn't you plug in Blaylock who should do quite well himself.

Start Chester Taylor as your 3rd back. Droughns is giving carries to Bell now, and even though Miami has a week rush defense and no Zach Thomas, I think they'll try to stop the run and make Jake the Fake beat them with his arm.

Thanks for your help Hugh.  I also made it into playoffs with your help.

Pretty well set with my RB's Goings and K. Jones this week with Jackson questionable but need WDIS on WR's

Standard performance league, 12 teams.  Need to start three.

I have:

Joe Horn vs. @ Dallas

Chris Chambers @ Denver

Donald Driver vs Detriot

M. Clayton @ SD

R. Smith vs Miami

Thanks again for you help.

600351[/snapback]

Horn is a must start against that sieve of a Dallas secondary.

Chambers should see a lot of Champ, and Miami pretty much sucks, so I'd bench Chambers.

Driver has a nice matchup. There are a lot of options in Green Bay, but I see Driver doing very well this week, as he did in the first meeting against Detroit. Start him.

Clayton is a very solid and consistent WR. I would start him over Rod Smith because of the matchup, and the fact that Jake the Fake is struggling to say the least. The Dolphins only give up 161 YPG in the air, second best in the NFL.

Hi Hugh, hope you can help me in the first week of playoffs.

I am having trouble figuring out who to start at QB, RB & WR.

QB (1) - 1 pt./20 yard, 6 pts./td

Hass vs. Minn

Collins vs. Falcons

Bledsoe vs. Cle

RB (2) - 1 pt./10 yards rushing & receiving, 6 pts./td

Blaylock vs. Tenn

Westbrook vs. Wash

Davis vs. Indy

WR (2) - 1 pt./10 yards rushing & receiving, 6 pts./td

Moulds vs. Clev

Bennett vs. KC

D Jax vs. Minn

Thanks for your help.

Mike

600412[/snapback]

Hasselbeck against a horrid Vikes defense in a shootout.

Blaylock and Davis. Westbrook's matchup is just too tough.

Moulds and Djax. Primary targets with good matchups.

Standard scoring 1 point for 10 yds rushing or receiving.6 for TD's.1 point for 25 yards passing.6 for TD's.

Blaylock,Larry Johnson or Chester Taylor.Need one to go along with D.Davis.

Jake Plummer against the Phins or Josh Mccown against the 49er's.

Thanks in advance.

600424[/snapback]

Chester Taylor all the way. Just make sure Lewis doesn't play. Were that to happen, I'd plug in Blaylock.

Newsflash: Jake Plummer sucks. And he has a tough matchup, while McCown has a great matchup. Start McCown.

1 point for every 10 yards and 6 points for td's.

D McAllister @ Dallas

M Pittman @ San Diego

F Taylor vs Chicago

K Jones @ Green Bay

I need 2 of these rb's

D Jackson @ Minnesota

C Johnson @ New England

J Porter @ Atlanta

A Gates vs Tampa Bay

I need 3 of the te/wr's

Any help would be appreciated!

600431[/snapback]

Fred Taylor is the no-brainer here.

I don't like KJ because I see GB blowing out Detroit, forcing Detroit to abandon the run. 12 carries won't get it done.

I don't like Pittman because of the matchup and because Alstott is healthy.

I think McAllister is your best bet here along with Taylor.

I'd go with DJax in a shootout against the Vikes and CJ. CJ has a tough matchup, but CJ can make plays.