[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 13

Hugh 0ne

How's it going, Hugh...

I'm having a little trouble deciding who my starters are for Week 14 at RB.

I start 3 RBs.  My usual lineup has been Shaun, Droughns, and Westbrook. 

My predicament is whether or not I should take Droughns out of my lineup and plug Jackson into it.  This decision is predicated on SJax being at full strength this weekend.

I know that Droughns has a good matchup against Miami, but Bell figures to take some carries.  I think that Droughns can still do some damage with 20-25 carries, or so.

SJax also has a tempting matchup against Arizona this weekend.  My only concern with SJax is that injury that he sustained at the end of last weeks game.  At first, it was though to be nothing, but then on Monday, Martz was pretty vague about his condition.  I do expect good things out of him if he does start.

Right now, I am leaning towards starting Droughns, even though his workload will be decreased.  He is the healthier player, and has performed well for me since I picked him up off the WW.  I just need another view on it, in order to be sure that I am making the right choice.

This is the first week of the playoffs, so it's do or die for me.  Thanks for all of your help.  I appreciate all of your help, and look forward to your response.

Ben

600680[/snapback]

Even if Jackson goes, he's not much of a better option than Droughns. The Carolina rush defense has been VERY good the last 4 or 5 weeks. Droughns will lose some carries to Bell, but with no Zach Thomas to help an already weak rush defense Droughns should flourish. Don't take the chance on Jackson, start Droughns.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RB and QB situation very muddy this week.

QB - Brees or Volek. Bulger out and I'm not even think of picking up Chandler. I'm leaning towards Brees on the off chance McNair starts. Brees against a hot TB D has me worried... should I be?

RBs - I must start two. Have flex position (WR/RB) I'm thinking of starting Troy Edwards as my flex since I don't think I've got three decent RB starts.

Goings @ StL (definite start)

McCallister @ DAL (Second choice because of Dallas D)

Hicks @ Ari (He got the nod)

Barber @ BAL (Eli Manning is killing me)

Portis @ Phi (Which Portis will show up?)

This weeks WR Corps

Walker, Horn, Evans, and possibly Edwards.

Second place (10-3). third in points.  Last week of regulation

600717[/snapback]

Good chance McNair starts imo, if not Volek is a great option. Otherwise I'd start Brees over Chandler.

Go with Goings and McAllister, and then I'd plug Tiki in at the flex instead of Edwards.

Hey Hugh... you always seem to give insightful advice, so here goes... I posted this in my own thread but I'm reposting this here due to lack of replies:

i'm in quite a deep league with 16ppl. Now the top 8 are in the playoffs and im #3.

i need 3 WRs from the list below. They are all STREAKY... all have had their big games and awful games. Thats why I call on you!

pick 3:

D. Branch vs. CIN

Ke. Johnson vs. NO

E. Kennison vs. @ TEN

K. Colbert vs. STL

J. Witten vs. NO

A. Bryant vs. @ BUF

It seems as tho every week, 2 or 3 of these do well, and the other 3 or 4 dont do anything. And I always make the wrong choice when it comes to WR !!!

Thanks for the help!

----

Receptions (0.5)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point)

Touchdowns (6)

600728[/snapback]

Very tough call. Antonio Bryant is one of the hottest WR's in the league. I'm not sold on him yet, but since your options aren't great I think you start him.

Keyshawn against a VERY weak Saints defense would be my next pick. I could also see this as a high scoring affair, so Keyshawn should do well.

I don't like KC or NE WR's in general, because of the inconsistency. I guess I'd start Colbert and say a few Hail Mary's.

hugh,

wdis

2nd rb (pick 1)

brian westbrook or rueben droughns

3rd wr (pick 1)

drew bennett or eddie kennison or deion branch (burned me last week)

standard scoring and no points for receptions.

600736[/snapback]

Tough, tough call. Probably Droughns by a hair. Droughns will lose carries to Bell, but against a weak, Zach Thomas-less defense, should find some running room. I think Westbrook may have a tough time against a solid Washington defense. Real tough, but go with Droughns.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about the WR question. Go with Bennett.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

2 questions.

I need to start one. What do you think of the D. Blaylock, L. Johnson situation?

I keep starting Blaylock, but I keep thinking I should start Johnson.

I know KC's line is awesome and I know Blaylock will be the starter agin this week, but I watch all the KC games, and Johnson absoulty looks like the stronger, better, more expolsive back to me.  He hits the holes like a fu**ing bulldoser, and is breaking tons of tackles. Blaylock dosent seem to have that same edge to him.

I Have the Lions defense.

I'm considering picking up the Bears, or Chargers  DEF. Which would you start this week?

Arz vs. SF

SD vs. Tampa

Chi @ Jax

600738[/snapback]

If you have to start one, start Blaylock. Just because you like him more doesn't mean anything to the coaching staff. Blaylock should carry the load this week, and certainly shold outproduce Johnson.

None of those defenses is a prize, but I'd go with SD against Tampa.

Thanks Hugh!

Please rank the following WRs.  20yds=1pt, TD=6pts

Horn

D. Jackson

Rice

A. Bryant

Houshmandzadeh

Jurevicius

Kennison

Muhammed

Wayne

Porter

Ward

Lelie

Please rank the following QBs. 50yds=1pt, TD=6pts

Brees

Griese

Collins

Hasselbeck

600740[/snapback]

Dude, please don't ask me to rank 12 WR's. I mean, I know I spend a lot of time here, but c'mon. 2 or 3 maybe, but 12. :D

Next. :D

I need a win to make a play-off spot.

1pt per 10 rush/rec yds, 6 pts TD, -2 FL

RB's - start 2 (planning on LT2 & McGahee)

Tomlinson vs. Tampa Bay

McGahee vs. Cleveland

D Davis vs. Indianapolis

WR's - start 3 (planning on Horn & Johnson - who should be my 3rd?)

Horn @ Dallas

C Johnson @ New England

Ward vs. NYJ

Kennison @ Tennessee

Lloyd @ Arizona

I'm also starting Green over Collins at QB.  Tony G is my TE, J Feely is my K, and I just dumped the Seattle DST and picked up Da Bears.

Any comments appreciated.  Thanks!

600793[/snapback]

Nice RB quandry, all excellent options this week. I guess I'd sit Davis. I just can't sit LT, and McGahee should bounce back. Davis is a great start as well, UNLESS Indy goes up big early, then you might see limited production from Davis. So, based on that risk, I think McGahee and LT are better options.

Wow, all bad WR's options. Ward against a tough Jets D with no relief from Plaxico is not a good option. Kennison is hit or miss, but on MNF in what could be a high scoring game I think he's your best bet.

Hi Hugh, hope you can get to mine this week.  Sorry if it I'm asking WDIS for most of my team, I need this one to make the playoffs.  * indicates who I'm looking at starting:

QB:

* Griese @ SD (likely a lot of throwing vs tough run D)

Plummer vs Miami (tough pass D, love to run the ball)

(or Volek from WW vs. KC?)

RB:

* Goings vs. StL

* Droughns vs. Mia (concerned with injury and Bell's role here)

Smith vs. Sea (groin injury, may lose goal lines to Moe)

Barber @ Bal (kick to the groin matchup :D two weeks in a row)

WR:

* Muhammad vs. StL

* Boldin vs. SF (Consistent recs., potential TD matchup finally)

* Bryant @ Buf (riding the wave here)

Bruce @ Car (tough pass D, Chandler not giving him looks?)

Williams @ GB (Roy laying eggs lately along with Harrington)

Branch vs Cin (big day for Dillon I think, receivers always a toss-up)

1 pt/10yd rush, 1 pt/20yd rec, 1 pt/rec, 6 pt/TD.

Thanks HUGH.

600856[/snapback]

News Flash: Plummer sucks. I think McNair will go, so Griese will be your guy, and he should do fine.

I would start Onterrio over Droughns. You're worried about Smith losing carries, but I'd be willing to be Smith loses less to Williams than Droughns loses to Bell. The Vikes at home are 5-1 and much better offensively.

I would start Roy Williams over Antonio Bryant here. I'm not sold on Bryant yet, and although Williams hasn't scored since returning from the injury, he's been getting more and involved in the offense, I think he'll get close to 100 yards and a TD.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hey Club, I see you lurking, keep it in your pants, I'll get there eventually ya newbie Opraher.

601867[/snapback]

My draft's not until April, take your time you have bigger fish to fray and this thread is probablynot the right forum anyhow as I am realizing. This is more of a weekly line-up thing but when this orum slows down let me know as my Hannibals empire is crumbling and I've got to right the ship come April.

You guys in the FA Forum be nice to Hugh he is a fine man.

Hey Hugh.  WDIS.

Need 2 of these RBs:

Tomlinson vs. Tampa Bay

Droughns vs. Miami

Julius Jones vs. New Orleans

And 2 of these WRs:

Holt @ Carolina

D- Jax @ Minnesota

Randy Moss vs. Seattle

I've got the guys in bold in right now, but with that said it is kind of tough benching Droughns (against Miami no less) and very tough ever benching Randy Moss...I just don't think he's healthy and can't risk another 1 point effort from him this week.  In your estimation, am I doing the right thing, or would you change what I've got in now?  Thanks in advance as always.

600875[/snapback]

Benching Droughns is the no-brainer here imo, both LT and JJ are MUCH better options.

Holt is a risk this week with Chandler at the helm against a rapidly improving Carolina defense. I think Djax is the best option here. As a Vikings fan, I can assure you that the Vikes can't stop anyone, and this game should be a shoot out.

That being said Moss is a risk as well because of his health.

Real tough call. :D I just don't think I would bench Moss. Just a hunch.

Hugh One- u da man!

I need some help- win this weekend, I am in the playoffs, lose and I am done- here is what I have goin w/my squad--

QB

Bulger- my #1, out- I have Colins as my backup- choices on waiver wire---

Palmer @ NE- can he keep it up against NE?

Bledsoe vs. Cle- looks to be huge game for Drew-

Volek vs. KC- gametime decision for Volek/McNair I am sure

I am leaning towards Collins - maybe pickin up Bledsoe

RB-need 2

B Westbrook@ Wash-sat him last week, have to go w/BW right

DD V. Ind- pretty solid matchup here

Deuce vs. Dal- normally a great matchup but can I seriously play him here? everyone always says he "will rebound this week" but come on, is he done, or could he possibly tear up the Boys?

WR/TE

need to fill out WR2,WR3.

have on roster- Burleson vs. Sea, Fitzgerald vs. SF, LLoyd@AZ

L. evans is available on WW- leaning towards Burleson, Evans- agree?

td league- pasing- 1-50yds, 6-td, -2-int

rush-1-2dyds, 6-td,-1 fumble

rec- 1-25yds, 1-3 catches, 6-td

thanks in advance - I really need a win this weekend- always lurkin in here, reading posts, and now need some input--

Hears the deal. I was offerd L.T. and a 2005 1st round pick for J.Jones.

Im thinking on taking the deal. But I really want a shot at winning it all this year.

My other RB's are J.Lewis, S.Jackson and C.Dillon and we start 2 every week.

The Playoffs dont start till next week and I am in no matter what.

The other deal is we get to keep one player each year that was drafted 6th-14th round and hold them for 3 more years. J.Jones and S.Jackson were both drafted in the 6rd round thus they both can be held over. The other factor is that you get to add 1 year to there contract if they do not start more than 4 games in any of the years you have them on your roster. So there are a lot of factors involved hear. I think the deal is a good deal. but would I be giving up a super stud for the next 3 years? I can still hold over S.Jackson. I dont know Its a lot to think about. Tell me what you think.

Thanks for the time.

GOD BLESS

600884[/snapback]

Just to clarify, you can't keep LT, right? If that's the case, it's a horrible deal for you. A 2005 first rounder is a shot in the dark, and, imo, LT might not even outproduce JJ the rest of the way, but you lose his keeper status. Bad move for you.

Hugh, 2 decisions.

First, Larry Johnson vs. TEN or M. Hicks vs. ARI.

Both Ds are bad. Barlow is not out, but LJ looked good last week. I'm torn!

Second, R. Williams vs. GB, J. Morton vs. TEN, or A. Bryant vs. BUF.

Bryant's been hot, makes me wonder if it will continue.

Things to consider. I also have T. Green and D. Carr, haven't decided which but am leaning towards Green b/c he's been playing better lately (even though Carr will be playing against Indy). With Green starting, I'd be hesitant to play all3 KC players.

Thanks!!

WDIS

C brown

R drougens

K jones

I'm thinking brown and Jones. I have A Smith to plug in if I find out monday that brown can't go.

Old Miller Lite scoring

longer TD's worth more

no YD points until 100

600972[/snapback]

Tough call. :D

I don't agree. If Brown goes, start Brown and Droughns. I'm scared Detroit gets blown out, in which case KJ will not be productive. Droughns against a bad Miami rush without Zach Thomas should do well, even if he loses 5-10 carries to Bell.

Hello Hugh. Thanks for all you help and the time you can spend.

Ok I'll give my line-up and bench if you would please  :D me if needed. It would be a no brainer except for the injuries. Free agency is NOT an option.

6 points for td and every 100 yds rushing or receiving and every 300 yds passing. Any legal formation. Got QB covered. Yes it is a 8 team league. Still in playoff hunt.

Starters:

TO @ Redskins

Moss vs Seahawks (injury concern)

Chris Brown vs Chiefs (injury concern)

Portis vs Eagles (get behind, could be trouble)

Curtis Martin @ Steelers (tough D)

Bench:

Deuce McAllister @ Cowboys (not getting the carries)

Jimmy Smith vs Bears (has not produced in my league)

L. J. Smith vs Skins (not prodced)

Whitten vs Saints (not much lately)

Thanks again

Stallworth: not worth mentioning.

600993[/snapback]

I'd start Deuce over Portis, the rest looks OK. Might want to think about starting Jimmy Smith instead of Moss, but I think I'd leave it alone.

Hey Hugh aka "The Scientist"...Thanks for all your help throughout this hectic season...

Here is the deal...WDIS @ WR this week

First here is my lineup:

D. Culpepper

R. Droughns

Chester Taylor

M. Pittman

Hines Ward

Drew Bennett

M. Clayton

Antonio Bryant

Bobby Engram

David Givens

Tony Gonz

Buff D

Jamal Lewis

I can start 3rbs & 3 wrs...Which 3wrs would you start?

I am leaning towards Ward, Bennett, Bryant but I really dont know HELPPlease

Thanks a lot & Happy Holidays!

600999[/snapback]

I'd bench Ward in favor of Clayton. Hines Ward against the Jets without his sidekick Plaxico is not a good option IMO. I'm not sold on Bryant yet either, but you can't argue that he's hot, and you really don't have better options.

Nice RB quandry, all excellent options this week. I guess I'd sit Davis. I just can't sit LT, and McGahee should bounce back. Davis is a great start as well, UNLESS Indy goes up big early, then you might see limited production from Davis. So, based on that risk, I think McGahee and LT are better options.

Wow, all bad WR's options. Ward against a tough Jets D with no relief from Plaxico is not a good option. Kennison is hit or miss, but on MNF in what could be a high scoring game I think he's your best bet.

601857[/snapback]

Thanks for the help Hugh!

12 team standard performance league .1 per yard, 1 point per reception.

Must choose 3 WRs from the following (Huddle projections included):

Mason vs KC ~ 90 yards, 1 TD

Clayton @ SD ~ 90 yards, 1 TD

Boldin vs SF ~ 100 yards, 1 TD

JSmith vs CHI ~ 70 yards, 1 TD

Ward vs NYJ ~ 50 yards, no TD

I finally benched Ward week 12 and would be hard pressed to insert him back into my lineup unless there was a very good reason ... even at 1 point per reception he has been sucking lately (until last week).

HUDDLE COMMENTARY

Wide Receivers: Derrick Mason did not score last week but he did have 79 yards on six catches after having scored in the previous three games. Mason still has yet to exceed 100 yards since week two but has been consistently productive every week.

Wide Receivers: To the dismay of all Michael Clayton owners, it was the Joey Galloway show last week when he had 63 yards and one score while Clayton only ended with one catch for 15 yards. It was easily the worst game for Clayton but there was no need to rely on him anyway in a game that Atlanta never actually scored. Clayton has been good for at least 60 yards in almost every other game this year. He'll definitely be back in the mix in San Diego this week.

Wide Receivers: This time the Cardinals will feature Anquan Boldin who still has not scored this season. Back in week five, Larry Fitzgerald had his best game in the NFL when he caught five passes for 94 yards and one score. They'll be facing one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and have already been successful without Boldin, so the outlook is bright this week.

Wide Receivers: Perhaps it was a gift to Troy Edwards who had been with the Steelers earlier in his career before being dumped, but for whatever reason Edwards looked great last week when he gained 90 yards on five catches with one touchdown in one of the best games of his career. Jimmy Smith only managed 52 yards on four receptions and he still has not seen the bounce up from Leftwich returning behind center. Smith was gaining 100 yards and a score in most games when Leftwich was hot but as the season progresses and weather gets worse, the renewed emphasis on running by the Jaguars will likely continue to depress what Smith will do.

Wide Receivers: Hines Ward had his best game since Roethlisberger took over and ended with 80 yards and a score against Jacksonville last week. The odder factor was that Ward gained 65 yards and the score on the first series. Then he disappeared yet again. Antwaan Randle El had his best game of the year when he turned in 71 yards replacing Burress but he still has never scored this year.

KC is the 2nd worst passing defense and has given up 23 passing TDs.

SD is the 6th worst passing defense and has given up 13 passing TDs.

SF is middle of the pack in passing defense and has given up 22 passing TDs.

CHI is 11th best passing defense and has given up 17 passing TDs.

NYJ is 7th best passing defense and has given up 13 passing TDs.

601002[/snapback]

Nice effort on the preparation. :D

There's not much left to say, you put it all in your question, but I think I'd start them in the order you list them. Mason, with Volek or McNair, should have a nice day against a horrible defense. Clayton has been solid and consistent, and I don't see that changing as they are one of the hottest teams in the league right now, AND he has a pretty good matchup. Boldin is getting more and more involved, has a very nice matchup, and should do well also. Forget Hines Ward, no Plaxico and a tough Jets defense will not help his numbers. Jimmy Smith is not a horrible option, but the other three are better.

Tough call. :D

I don't agree. If Brown goes, start Brown and Droughns. I'm scared Detroit gets blown out, in which case KJ will not be productive. Droughns against a bad Miami rush without Zach Thomas should do well, even if he loses 5-10 carries to Bell.

601894[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh!

Thanks as always Hugh, and Season's Greetings!

I just traded for Drew Brees last week and I'm now thinking about benching him this week in favor of Trent Green. 1 point per 30 yards passing, 6 points per TD. Any thoughts?

Also, I can finally start a roster I worked very diligently the last few weeks to piece together...A. Green, LT2, R. Moss, Harrison, and Horn (only 10 teams). 1 point per 15 yards rec. or rush., 6 points per TD. Would you have any reservations about Green or Moss? I could use Lee Evans or Maurice Hicks instead.

It may be a moot point since my opponent has the rest of the Indianapolis offense going this week, but what they hey?

Take care.  :D

601005[/snapback]

Yeah, I can see that. I'd go with Trent over Drew as well this week.

You are starting the right RB's and WR's. I just CAN'T start Lee Evans over Randy Moss, even though I think Evans will have a decent day and Moss is still banged up.

Hugh, what would you do in this situation. I have Priest and I plan on making him my keeper for next season if he doesn't retire. I'm starting Julius Jones against N.O. but my league has a roster cap of 4rb's and my other options are Megan Fox McCallister or Derrick Blaylock. Should I drop one of these guys and pick up Larry Johson or Maurice Hicks. Given my options would you start Hicks(Cardinals), Blaylock(Titans), LJ (Titans)or Megan Fox(Dallas)? This is standard scoring.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

Hugh One - you are the man!  Need a quarterback to start this week.  Its either:

Leftwich vs. Chicago

or

Collins vs. Atlanta

You make the call!

Thanks

601006[/snapback]

Pass defenses:

CHI: 201 YPG, 17 TD's

ATL: 222 YPG, 14 TD's

Losing Curry will hurt Collins, and the matchups are close. Start Lefty. :D