[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Griese vs Hasselbeck

Lost

It comes down to:

Griese vs. San Diego

or

Hasselbeck vs. Minnesota

You know that Griese is probably good for an average game each week. He seems to throw 1 or 2 TDs each week and puts up average yardage. Since it is the playoffs, I don't know if mediocrity will do it in the playoffs. The Chargers seem to shut down the running game and put up some good points, so the Bucs should need to pass a lot. How much will a lack of the running game hurt the passing?

On the other hand, you never know which Hasselbeck is gong to take the field. It could be the 414 yard, 3 TD Hasselbeck or the 172 yard, NO TD Hasselsuck. He has the potential to put some good numbers against a questionable Minnesota D. I would feel a lot better if this were an away game for Minnesota, as they seem to be more vulnerable against the pass when playing away.

Our scoring is standard performance scoring, where 1 point per 25 yards passing and 6 points per TD. If it is any help, I am playing the guy who has Trent Green.

I have been leaning toward Hasselbeck because I am not sure that an average game from Griese will do it for me; however, I would gladly take an average game from Griese, then a porous game from Hasselbeck.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Lost

I have both of these QB's as well. Hasselbeck has hurt me more then just once this season. Two weeks ago, he had such a bad game it might have cost me a playoff spot. With that said I might start him this week. I benched him last week and he had a great game. Griese is playing a tough Chargers D, and I think they'll try and run first. As you said he might just have an average game. I need better than average game right now.

Hasselbeck is playing a soft MN D without Winfield.

It's a hard decision, but I'm leaning toward Hassel.

Good luck!!!

Griese is Ave. A good average, I've been riding him since I snagged him off the WW about 6 weeks ago. So it you looking for a safe bet, Griese's your guy.

If your willing to gamble, Hasselback. When he's on, he puts up great numbers. And against Minn. I get the feeling he's going to be on.

I have to agree on Hasselback, although reluctantly, for everyone else's reasons.

I have a similar situation. I have Hasselback vs Minn and Brooks vs. Dallas. Both QB's have really good matchups.

Brooks has been more reliable, but last week I scored more points with Hasselback than I had in ay one game with Brooks.

Any thoughts on this scenario??

I have Hass,Griese, and Volek and I'm going with Hass. I just don't see Griese putting up huge numbers and that's what I think it'll take to beat SD.

I think Hass will continue what he started last week and has a better chance to do it against MINN.

Good Luck!

Griese is Ave. A good average, I've been riding him since I snagged him off the WW about 6 weeks ago. So it you looking for a safe bet, Griese's your guy.

If your willing to gamble, Hasselback. When he's on, he puts up great numbers. And against Minn. I get the feeling he's going to be on.

603905[/snapback]

Sounds like pretty good advice...if the rest of your roster will hold its own, then go with Griese...play it safe.

If you are shaky about your other starters, and you feel like you need a huge day out of the QB position, then roll the dice with Hass. Just understand that there is just as much of a chance to have a good day as there is to lay an egg.

Ben