[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tatum Bell out for season?

Gridiron Gods

I found this on NFL Newsbreakers:

THE NEWS

Tatum Bell suffered a sprained shoulder on Sunday, the same day he had the best game of his young career by rushing for 123 yards and two touchdowns against the Dolphins. Bell replaced Reuben Droughns in the first quarter after Droughns was benched for fumbling twice on the team's opening drive. The sprained shoulder will keep Bell out the next few weeks and may end his season.

OUR VIEW

Head coach Mike Shanahan did not give Droughns another chance to be the featured back until Bell got hurt, so clearly the fumbles have caused Shanahan to lose confidence in Reuben. He may not have any other choice but to give Droughns another chance next week, as Bell will not be an option and Quentin Griffin is lost for the season with a torn ACL.

I was looking to pick him up until I heard about the shoulder..... :D

They got that from the Denver Post:

The Denver Broncos found a new running back, then lost him just as quickly. They kept their postseason hopes alive, but looked nothing like a playoff-worthy team.

Tatum Bell ran for 123 yards and Jason Elam kicked a 50-yard field goal with 2:50 left Sunday to help the Broncos eke out a strange and less-than-satisfying 20-17 victory over the Miami Dolphins.

Bell replaced fumble-prone Reuben Droughns early in the game and ran for two scores, but shortly after, he left with a sprained shoulder that could end his season. That forced Droughns back into the backfield after he had fumbled twice - losing one - on his first four carries.

Jake Plummer threw for 219 yards and two interceptions, yet the Broncos (8-5) kept pace with Baltimore for the AFC's final wild-card spot.

But this performance couldn't have fooled anyone. The lowly Dolphins (2-11) took this game to the wire - not bowing out until A.J. Feeley threw incomplete on fourth down with 1:59 left - and this version of the Broncos hardly looked like the one that will hand Mike Shanahan his first playoff victory since the 1998 Super Bowl.

Denver entered on a two-game losing streak, and Shanahan spent much of the leadup to this game insisting he wanted to be in Denver and defending Plummer against an unexpected attack from former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe.

Sharpe said Plummer was a mediocre quarterback who wouldn't amount to much more, and he looked right on this day. Plummer was off-target all day and his two interceptions were both abominable.

The first went to Jay Williams, the fourth defensive lineman to intercept him this season, and led to Miami's first touchdown. The second went to Sammy Knight on an ill-advised pass with the game tied at 17 and the Broncos driving.

Denver held after the interception and Droughns ran 21 yards to set up Elam's winning field goal.

Droughns finished with 62 yards on 18 carries to surpass the 1,000-yard mark for the season, but he hardly looked like the confident back who took over when Quentin Griffin caught the fumbling bug earlier this season.

Now, it's Droughns who has it, and after the second of his two fumbles, Shanahan showed no inkling of wanting to put him back in.

Bell's shoulder sprain is serious, and it should be interesting to gauge Droughns' confidence in the upcoming week.

Bell pretty much defined Denver's day in the third quarter during two plays on the same drive. First, he made it around the corner and could have walked in untouched for a score, but slipped at the 7. Three plays later, he dropped a wide-open pass in the end zone and forced the Broncos to settle for a 20-yard field goal and a 17-14 lead.

Feeley threw for 170 yards and one touchdown, an 8-yarder to Marty Booker that gave the Dolphins an early 7-0 lead. After Denver tied it, the Dolphins went ahead again, 14-7 on an 11-yard run by Sammy Morris, who led the Dolphins with just 36 yards rushing.

.........and i thought Chris Brown wore a glass slipper.

This kid will never make it through an NFL full season.

607525[/snapback]

First of all...Yes, I have been living under a rock regarding Tatum Bell, but you seem to indicate that Bell is injury prone (previous to today's game)?

Tatum Bell has third-degree shoulder seperation and could be gone for the season.

It sounds like he won't be able to return this season. Bell showed what all the fuss was about today and could have been in line for a start if he stayed healthy. If nothing else, the injury could hold down Bell's draft stock next season. He still has huge upside. Dec. 12 - 9:43 pm et

First of all...Yes, I have been living under a rock regarding Tatum Bell, but you seem to indicate that Bell is injury prone (previous to today's game)?

607528[/snapback]

Well, let's face it. He HAS had alot of injuries this year. :D

.........and i thought Chris Brown wore a glass slipper.

This kid will never make it through an NFL full season.

607525[/snapback]

Uhm...he is in his 1st season. So before we go giving him the fragile Fred label lets see if he can play next year with no major injuries. Let's see you go out there and play 1 play and not get unjured.

Looks like my little Bell voodoo doll worked after all.

Shanahan is a complete Megan Fox BTW.

I can understand sitting Droughns down after his fumble, but to not even give the guy another chance to redeem himself is humiliating. I mean here is a guy who was your special teams standout, fullback, and whatever else you asked him to be- he takes over your tailback spot when you didn't have many other options, proceeds to gain 1,000 yards and that's the thanks he gets for making a mistake!?

Yes Bell looked fantastic until I jabbed my doll in the hand and he dropped that wide open TD pass, but Ruben should have been mixed back in there a little bit I think. How does something like that play on team morale? Are all the players one mistake away from the pine? If that was the case then Plummer should be fishing someplace along the Colrado River.

Yes I am a bitter Droughns owner I won't deny that, but how can a guy be benched TOATALLY after one mistake. F'n tool Skelator- the karma monster got you- :D

Looks like my little Bell voodoo doll worked after all.

Shanahan is a complete Megan Fox BTW.

I can understand sitting Droughns down after his fumble, but to not even give the guy another chance to redeem himself is humiliating. I mean here is a guy who was your special teams standout, fullback, and whatever else you asked him to be- he takes over your tailback spot when you didn't have many other options, proceeds to gain 1,000 yards and that's the thanks he gets for making a mistake!?

Yes Bell looked fantastic until I jabbed my doll in the hand and he dropped that wide open TD pass, but Ruben should have been mixed back in there a little bit I think. How does something like that play on team morale? Are all the players one mistake away from the pine? If that was the case then Plummer should be fishing someplace along the Colrado River.

Yes I am a bitter Droughns owner I won't deny that, but how can a guy be benched TOATALLY after one mistake. F'n tool Skelator- the karma monster got you-  :D

607887[/snapback]

Droughns fumbled twice. Only one was lost. Skeletor is known for benching fumbling RBs, but I agree about the Plummer thing. Who is the Broncos backup QB anyway?

Droughns fumbled twice.  Only one was lost.  Skeletor is known for benching fumbling RBs, but I agree about the Plummer thing.  Who is the Broncos backup QB  anyway?

607891[/snapback]

he stuck with Portis in 2002...

also...Bell getting the load was a blessing in disguise....

transactions were restricted in my league since week 12...I didn't have Bell, but I have Droughns....and my other backs were M Bennett, Wheatley and S Jackson...(besides LT2 starting)

I like my chances in next weeks playoff game alot better now...and even more if Faulk sits out again... :D