Sign in to follow this  
XFlash

Private Messages

Is there any kind of alert that can be used to let you know you have messages?

I know that you can check your profile each time you log into the forums, but it would be helpful and time saving if such an alert were available.

With the mosst recent update to the message boards, whenever I get a new PM, an alert flashes in the upper left-hand corner next to where it says >>Hello, (your screenename)

I will have to check into that.

It has been awhile since I had a PM. I have been checking it the old way.

Thanks Big John. :cool:

There is also an option in your profile that says you can get an email sent to you when someone sends you a PM... however, that does not seem to be working lately as I have had several PM's but no email.

Maybe the flashing thing eliminated that, but the option is still listed?

you should get an email and on the top of main page for the MB on the left above the topics you should have the flashing notice.

skylive5:

There is also an option in your profile that says you can get an email sent to you when someone sends you a PM... however, that does not seem to be working lately as I have had several PM's but no email.

Maybe the flashing thing eliminated that, but the option is still listed?

Like Sky, I get the "flashing message", but do not get the email any longer (I did last year)...not a big deal, but FYI.

DMD:

you should get an email and on the top of main page for the MB on the left above the topics you should have the flashing notice.

I get the flashing message, but not the e-mail, though I have the e-mail notification checked "yes"