[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cancelling out your opponent's QB points

Grits and Shins

Is it a valid strategy to cancel your opponent's QB with your WR?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a valid strategy to cancel your opponent's QB with your WR?

• NO, start the WR you think will score them most
    • YES, start the WR to "cancel out" your opponent's QB points

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always start the player that I think will score the most points based on a number of factors including who is playing who.  However...

I use the cancell theory when looking at my #3 WR if there are two guys with equal match-ups who I like equally well.  I draft RBs early and barring injury I usually match-up very well with the other 11 team's RBs.  I draft QBs late and draft a ton of WRs as, to me, it is the most difficult fantasy position to play.  Short version, anything I can get out of my #3 WR on a weekly basis is pretty much gravy.  If there are two players I'm wavering on in a given week at that spot and all things are equal I use this theory.  I use this theory a lot when I think your QB will outscore mine given the above perameters.

In one of my leagues I will generally be starting Walker, Bruce and Mason as my #3.  If you are playing Culpepper and I'm trying to decide between Mason and Williamson, all things being equal between Mason and Williamson that week, I'll start Williamson. 

Of course I truly believe that a parachute opening properly when you skydive is a 50-50 proposition not matter what you geniuses think.

:D

961169[/snapback]

BTW ... the fact that CFH, who has never won a championship, subscribes to this theory is all the validation AGAINST the theory I need :D

Hey CFH how you doing in your leagues this year :D

I am not sure if I should start another topic, and this is off this topic since I already replied and just curious how anyone works this.

Do you pick up a free agent just so someone else can't pick them even if there isn't a chance they will start.  Example, I have D Davis, Edge, and Pittman, and picked up J Jones just so another team weak at RB couldn't pick them up. There was a cost for the transaction and since he will never play does this make sense?

622868[/snapback]

If I sit Holt does that mean Bulger will have a bad game? :D

Edited by Randall