[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Tie Question

Egret

You have to do a coin toss.  If I were in this predicament, there is not way I could make up rules at this stage in the season.  Each team has a 5050 shot to win.  Its the only fair way to decide things.  Next year, make it the first item of business.

624095[/snapback]

Yes, but where's the fun in that? I understand that, and it would be the easiest. I think both owners are trying to prolong their chances. They also want to feel that they have some control in the tiebreaker.

After ten out of twelve votes, we're tied on the tiebreaker. :D I'll get the deciding vote. Since both owners want to do the physical challenge, we'll probably end up with that. We've had many, many, suggestions from the owners. The only request has been that they are allowed to be there and that they can take pictures.

We submit one tie-breaker player in the playoffs in my home league.

I'd go bench points if it were me.  No easy way if they aren't defined.

623532[/snapback]

We pick a one player tie-breaker also.. we hate bench scoring because sometime the 'OL BENCH players hold clipboards..LOL

Yes, but where's the fun in that?  I understand that, and it would be the easiest.  I think both owners are trying to prolong their chances.  They also want to feel that they have some control in the tiebreaker.

After ten out of twelve votes, we're tied on the tiebreaker. :D I'll get the deciding vote.  Since both owners want to do the physical challenge, we'll probably end up with that.  We've had many, many, suggestions from the owners.  The only request has been that they are allowed to be there and that they can take pictures.

624789[/snapback]

I agree, no fun in just flipping a coin. Give them some control.

Update: Both teams have have been very vocal about wanting to do the physical challenge. They will be attending a local bar tomorrow night to decide the winner. I think they're using this as an excuse to drink heavily. They've been very cool about this and already stated that there will be no hard feelings no matter who the winner is.

I've let them decide the games. They are supposed to give me the results Friday by noon.

Update:  Both teams have have been very vocal about wanting to do the physical challenge.  They will be attending a local bar tomorrow night to decide the winner.  I think they're using this as an excuse to drink heavily.  They've been very cool about this and already stated that there will be no hard feelings no matter who the winner is.

I've let them decide the games.  They are supposed to give me the results Friday by noon.

626285[/snapback]

I'd be interested in hearing what they do and how it turns out. But if it involves beer, [PSA]make sure they have a designated driver.[/PSA]

Ties in my league are decided on Head To head records from the regular season and then total points scored in the regular season if head to head is a tie. Sure enough I tied my playoff game last week and lost the tie breaker. Tough way to go out. Here's to next year.

And if necessary simply go out to 2 places after the decimal i.e. 2.85, or whatever.

623853[/snapback]

This is so remarkably simple and clear and straightforward a solution ... It's based on the game in question with the starters in question. It's like looking at a photo finish to determine the winner of a seeemingly tied horse race -- not having the jockeys race to see which of them is faster or adding up the letters in the horses' names to see which has more ...

DECIMAL POINTS!! :D

we used to go to a bar idealy suited for this sort of problem:

There was a mini bowling game, a dartboard, a pinball machine, and a trivia machine.

Most of the time there would be 4 people playing and winner on each apartus got 4 points, loser 1 point. At each apparatus low man had to buy high scorer drink of high scorer's choice as well as buy himself drink of high scorer's choice (often something really nasty) middle scorers bought their own drinks.

Some good times......