[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much "tweaking" of a lineup is too much?

Cunning Runt

There's a saying that goes something like "dance with the gal you brought" - or close to that.

That said, my lineup in recent weeks has been:

QB: Griese

RB: Edge

RB Goings

WR: J. Walker

WR: Moulds

Flex: Onterrio Smith

TE: Heap (finally)

And while I posted a decent record and am in our semi-finals this week my point totals have not been stellar and without a big week from the Bills' D last week, I'd be done. Considering this, I can't help but think there are some opportunities to tweak my roster that will be to my benefit.

The first place I am looking is at QB. I don't really like my plays this week. Griese was awful last week and is playing against a solid Carolina pass defense. My other alternative is Hasselbeck who gets Ariziona at home. I'm concerned they might run Alexander all day. That said, I'm leaning toward Hasselbeck. Tweak #1.

Next is the RB slot, Edge is in for sure, and Onterrio is out as my flex guy, but then I have Suggs who was impressive last week and plays against a mediocre Dolphins run D this week. Cleveland has wanted to play this guy and it appears they're going to do that - and he was my 3 rd pick so it'd be nice to get some love out of him when it counts. I also have T. Bell. I would LOVE to play this guy, but Shanny's announcement of Droughns getting the starting nod puts a major damper on that. I think he's got major upside IF he's going to get the rock. Goings has been extremely steady and I can see Carolina keeping the game close at the very worst. He doesn't have the huge upside, but he's steady. Advantage IMO to Suggs and Goings to go with Edge. Tweak #2.

Major tweak is at WR where lately I am seeing poor points production from Moulds. Evans' emergence has really hurt Moulds - not helped as the pundits seem to think it will when projecting Moulds' stats. That said, can he have a big game? Sure and I'd be kicking myself if he's on my bench. That in mind, I'm actually leaning towards a sleeper or this position. Eric Parker. The Chargers/Colts game should be a shoot-out on the fast track at the RCA Dome. McCardell is out (or at least he is last I heard). I see some points being put on the board and with defensive attention being focused on Gates in the passing game, I think Parker is due for a nice game. Tweak #3.

Lastly is at TE where I have been starting Heap once he was back from his injury, but this week he goes against a tough Steelers' D and re-aggravated his ankle injury last week. He's been great, but I think a better play may be Shockey this week. The Giants play the Bengals this week and I do think there may be some points scored in this game. Shockey is Manning's favorite target and he's been doing well in general lately. (btw, I got Shockey in a trade for Barlow earlier in the year after Heap went down). This is Tweak #4.

So I am tinkering too much? Holes in my anaylsis? Like I said - this is not a WDIS. I'll make that decision on my own, but am I thinking straight?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Tinkering..... do that right up to KO. LOL

I know that this isn't a WDIS and that you are just trying to figure if you are screwing with that lineup too much or not enough... but....

Seahawks' quarterback Matt Hasselbeck did not throw any passes during practice on Wednesday, according to the Seattle Times. He ran the offense for a few plays, but Hasselbeck still hasn't thrown a pass since he left the week 15 loss to the Jets with an elbow injury. The veteran signal caller continues to insist that he will start on Sunday against the Cardinals.

Our View

Trent Dilfer worked with the first offense during practice and would start if Hasselbeck is sidelined. The Seahawks are still fighting to make the playoffs, so we do not expect Hass to sit out this week. However, he does not make a good fantasy play while facing a defense that has held him under 200 passing yards in four straight meetings.

Just in case you haven't been out and about researching during your tinkering.

Tinkering..... do that right up to KO. LOL

I know that this isn't a WDIS and that you are just trying to figure if you are screwing with that lineup too much or not enough... but....

Seahawks' quarterback Matt Hasselbeck did not throw any passes during practice on Wednesday, according to the Seattle Times. He ran the offense for a few plays, but Hasselbeck still hasn't thrown a pass since he left the week 15 loss to the Jets with an elbow injury. The veteran signal caller continues to insist that he will start on Sunday against the Cardinals.

Our View

Trent Dilfer worked with the first offense during practice and would start if Hasselbeck is sidelined. The Seahawks are still fighting to make the playoffs, so we do not expect Hass to sit out this week. However, he does not make a good fantasy play while facing a defense that has held him under 200 passing yards in four straight meetings.

Just in case you haven't been out and about researching during your tinkering.

629479[/snapback]

Hmmm... I knew that he banged up his elbow last week, but I thought he was going to be good to go. 'Preciate the input.

More update on Hass..... this is from a few hours ago....

"Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck threw in practice yesterday and showed no lingering effects of the elbow injury that knocked him out of Sunday's loss to the New York Jets.

Hasselbeck split time with backup Trent Dilfer in most drills, but it was an improvement from Wednesday when Hasselbeck did not throw. It was the needed next step in Hasselbeck starting Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals at Qwest Field."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/205140_hrail24.html

Don't want you to be changing things based on one article......

I'm going insane right now, thanks to the tweaking urge. It doesn't help that I'm stranded in 22 inches of snow and ice, running dangerously low on cigarettes, and I'm lucky enough to have to make lineup decisions for all three of my teams this year. Dare I bench McNabb? Do I really want to give Eddie Kinneson his first start of the year in the Super Bowl? How the hell did I even make it to the Super Bowl when my RB choices are Davis, Goings, Bell and T. Jones?

Can't help it, even though I know that last-minute tweaking more often than not seems to lead to a bad decision -- I think because it's more emotional and panic-stricken. Little bits of info get magnified out of proportion.

So that means tweaking is dysfuctional behavior, and Dr. Fill will probably come out with a book next year about men who love their fantasy football teams too much, and his first commandment will be: "Don't tweak."

Griese has shown these tanking tendencies every year he's been the man. That's the guy's history. When he started coming strong this season, I told everyone who would listen as much. This season, his streak lasted a little longer than usual, and he had even me a little fooled. But it's over now.

Go with Hass if he's healthy.

I'd stick with Heap over Shockey because he's playing at a much higher level right now.

I ahven't followed the Denver backs enough to give you meaningful advice there, but Suggs looks to be a solid option.

Speaking of tweaks, I played Ramsey over Brooks, Wayne over Owens and Kasay over Graham in my game last week to get into the playoffs. That 'Play who brought you' theory is not immutable.

Edited by Glabra

Griese has shown these tanking tendencies every year he's been the man. That's the guy's history. When he started coming strong this season, I told everyone who would listen as much. This season, his streak lasted a little longer than usual, and he had even me a little fooled. But it's over now.

Go with Hass if he's healthy.

I'd stick with Heap over Shockey because he's playing at a much higher level right now.

I ahven't followed the Denver backs enough to give you meaningful advice there, but Suggs looks to be a solid option.

Speaking of tweaks, I played Ramsey over Brooks, Wayne over Owens and Kasay over Graham in my game last week to get into the playoffs. That 'Play who brought you' theory is not immutable.

629631[/snapback]

Every time i tweak i mess it up, not doing any tweaking this week but i'm also waiting till the last minute to turn in my lineup

Ramrock