[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just know Bell is going to go off

The Irish Doggy

AAARRGH. :D This is going to kill me. I've got Tatum Bell in two leagues and just know that by keeping him on the bench he will have a 150/2TD kind of day. But how can I put him in ahead of Rudi, Dillon, or McCallister? Bah. :D I don't even want to watch the game because I know it will be torture to see it happen and lose a championship when one of those other guys gets held in check. Oh the hughmanity. B)

Edited by The Irish Doggy

AAARRGH. :D  This is going to kill me.  I've got Tatum Bell in two leagues and just know that by keeping him on the bench he will have a 150/2TD kind of day.  But how can I put him in ahead of Rudi, Dillon, or McCallister? Bah. :D  I don't even want to watch the game because I know it will be torture to see it happen and lose a championship when one of those other guys gets held in check. Oh the hughmanity.  B)

630825[/snapback]

I am starting him but I don't have much choice. My other options are McGahee or Duce Staley.

I know he still has a serious shoulder problem, but he is listed as probable on the injury report. With the Broncos fighting for a playoff spot I think he will do better than many other RB's especially against a beat up Titans defense.

Many huddlers are struggling over whether to start bell, including me.  What fascinates me is this:  Bell is not starting and is seriously injured.  Nonetheless, many of us, myself included, think he is a good play.  Why?  Is he that good?

630858[/snapback]

Well, if you look at the last two games he played, he split carries with Droughns and completely went off. He looked like Julius Jones in his first couple of games; if only he was healthy, he'd easily be a must-start.

I'm struggling with this too, but I can't bring myself to take a chance on Bell in my playoffs. It's just too uncertain, especially given that Shanahan hasn't been the sanest of coaches lately...

Yesterday my opponent played Driver and Longwell for 32 points.  I passed on M. Bennent, which would have been 21 points.  Now my choices are Thomas Jones, Bell, and Shaun Alexander.  With such a good start for my opponent,  I've got to try for the homerun with Bell over Thomas.  :D

630981[/snapback]

I passed on Bennett as well, even after I heard O. Smith was inactive. The way the Minn. RB's have been lately I just didn't want to chance it. Now I have to choose between Bell and D. Davis. It seems like a no brainer the way Davis has produced lately, but against the Jags on the road I just don't know. :D

I passed on Bennett as well, even after I heard O. Smith was inactive.  The way the Minn. RB's have been lately I just didn't want to chance it.  Now I have to choose between Bell and D. Davis.  It seems like a no brainer the way Davis has produced lately, but against the Jags on the road I just don't know.  :D

630986[/snapback]

same problem. if you look at the box scores for the last few weeks vs. the jax. d-fence you'll notice teams did not fail to run on them they just chose to pass more and gave up on the run. HMMMMMMMMM? :D

Many huddlers are struggling over whether to start bell, including me.  What fascinates me is this:  Bell is not starting and is seriously injured.  Nonetheless, many of us, myself included, think he is a good play.  Why?  Is he that good?

630858[/snapback]

I am pondering the same question.

Do I play Bell, Droughns, or Holt for my Flex posistion?

Holt going against the Eagles Def does not thrill me but it is the safe play.

Sometimes to win a championship, do you need to take RISK???

Let me know your thoughts

JUST REMEMBER, SHANNYHAN is in the mix here.. I would HATE to buy a used car from that guy :eek:

You have SOLID choices otherwise

631073[/snapback]

solid may not be enough.. My waiver wire darling superbowl:

Volek, Mike Bennett, Tatum Bell, Burleson Kaeding - 5/8 my lineup, from the waiver wire only drafted players starting for me are shockey and the bills (got horn in a trade with emmit, form the guy i'm playing - for fred taylor)

Of course I could be out-thinking myself. But, it seems to me that Skeletor is always trying to mislead his opponents with injury info, especially to his running backs.

So, it could be that Shannyhan would announce that Droughns is starting, just to force the opponent to spend some time during the week on defensing Droughns instead of spending the whole week on defensing Bell.

Then, after Droughns starts, Bell will spend most of the time on the field. So, like everybody else in this thread, I too think Bell will go off against a swiss-cheese Titan defense with nothing to play for.

However, like almost everybody else here, I have solid alternatives (Bettis, KJones, Suggs and Bell). So, I am playing it safe and inserting Bettis and KJones.

Two solid alternatives, but neither one is likely to score 2 or more TD's this week, and have high yardage totals, like Bell could.....