[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Year's National Champion

T-Man

O.K., no takers. How bout changing it to do you like the fact that the bowl committe has decided they really don't like the idea of a play-off to determine the national champion? I personally hate the current system, let it be determined on the field! head_ban

With ideas like what's been posted and yet the BCS still refuses, why? It can't be because they would lose money. Personally I think it would make them more money. Are you kidding me, talk about a hard ticket, the National Championship game! eek!

Guest aqualung

As unlikely as it may seem, I hope it's a team from the Big East. cool_thu

Miami=@#&%@!#sumbits thumbs_d

VT=ditto Miami angry

Miami wins. They're in the weakest conference. Having moved out from L.A. last year to Jersey I have been treated (or mistreated) to some Big LEast football and it's a trainwreck. Talk about your conferences of haves and have nots. I'd rather watch a dog show or bowling on ESPN than Rutgers. eek! Other top teams will beat up on each other intraconference ala the Big 12, Pac 10, Big 10, SEC, etc. smash

Guest aqualung
Dragon:

I'm rooting for Pitt!  It's a longshot, but if they don't win it all, I'd at least like to see them spoil Miami and VaTech's Big East swan song.

I like the way you think. cool_thu

Let's Go Pitt.

Guest aqualung
snoop-a-loop:

Sorry kids not going to happen. Miami and Va Tech will dominate the Big East like they always do, and Kansas State has no chance of winning the National Championship

Dude, Pitt has beat VT the last two years . They were also very impressive in their losses to Miami. And Miami has to finally come to Pittsburgh this year. We shall see where the chips will fall.

snoop-a-loop:

Sorry kids not going to happen. Miami and Va Tech will dominate the Big East like they always do, and Kansas State has no chance of winning the National Championship

WOW it's a scoop-the-poop sighting. Back for more? No input, only disagreeing with others' opinions - I'm shocked. So, what is your prediction on which team will win the NC? Wait, never mind - I DON'T CARE! Sorry if you find this to be a bit harsh, but I really don't have much tolerance for people such as yourself. Oh nooooo, now I'm going to be called "gay"!

big_shoc

Let's look at some of the contenders.

OSU: Without Clarrett (what a tool), no chance.

TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT...: Two words. Lack Crown. He'll choke away the OU game and at least one more.

KSU: Snyder scheduling Lawerence High School every single year will kill their SOS in teh BCS.

Auburn: No way they come out of the SEC unscathed.

Miami: A bunch of prima donna individuals and no team concept of togetherness. They drop 1.

That leaves OU and VT. I'll take OU (shock) over the VT.

Slobbering black mouthed Cur:

Best realistic chances : Miami, KSU, Florida, OSU.

Dark Horses : UW(NOT Wisconsin!) no Neweasel = living up to expectations, FSU(a darkhorse?   eek!   ) and as much as I hate to say it PSU, NCSU.

Florida being realistic. Are you kidding me? QB situation is terrible. Either Ingle Martin or a true freshman. The second game of the year is in Miami. I don't like either team, but Miami will kill Florida. Florida is looking at another 4 to 5 lose season.

Playoff system is definitely needed. One of the reasons (excuses) I've heard against it is the extra time away from school for the athletes. What a sad joke that is! No one seems to care about the b-ball players whole year...

I think it all comes down to the $$$ - doesn't it always?! I think the bowl games DO make more money for the various conferences than a regional playoff game, unless your team keeps going. And then, only the richest boosters/fans can afford to keep following them around. Just a thought.

But we can all keep dreaming...

And until then: wall_bas

I like Auburn, but I'm a little worried about the special teams, and the fact that they are in the generally tough SEC - but I think it is their year to go thru the regular season without a loss.

Based on shcedule strength and current rankings I think Oklahoma has the best chance of getting there if they slip up at some point.

I'll predict an Oklahoma - Auburn National Championship, and the winner is...

On big game experience and coaching staff I give Oklahoma the edge. Oklahoma National Champs, 24-14.