[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOW MANY OTHERS WERE VOLEKIZED THIS WEEKEND?

BigSandy44

I started Volek in 2 leagues.

Likely going to win a 3rd-place match in spite of him in 1 league.

Got smoked in the only playoff match I was still in the running. So if he did what he did in the last 2 weeks, I would have still lost.

I started Volek instead of McNabb, and got my a$$ handed to me this weekend. :D

My only consolation is the fact that everyone else on my team sucked it up too (Pittman + CuMar + Hines = 14 total points), so I pretty much would have lost no matter who I started at QB.

oh well ... it was fun while it lasted.

I was indirectly Volekized. Needing just an average game from Drew Bennett to win my SB, he gets two catches. Eight touchdowns in the previous three games and now TWO CATCHES! A different type of a Volekization, yet nevertheless, painful.

2nd as well.

bennett got me 2pts while burrleson sat on my bench with 23

won some money, but it still would have been nice to end up at the top of the mountain.

like they always say... there's always next year.

let the hibernation begin :D

thanks for the replies

Another indirect victim.....Bennett could have won it with just a score. Hell, even 75 yards....anything. But, alas, that was not the case. Thanks to Joey Galloway, my good friend left me in the dust to move on to the Super Bowl.

Good luck, brother!!! Joey Freakin Galloway??

I'm torn about this one...

I played him in one league and he layed an egg on me. I still have an 18 point lead going into tonight against Akers and Bruce. I'm hoping the Bruce can lay an egg too and save me.

On the other hand, in a different league I played a guy that started Volek and Bennett. Don't need to say what happened to him. Kind of hate winning that way too....but I'll take it!!!

Same here. Down 8 points going into MNF with only Akers and he's got Westbrook.

Brees would have me sitting on a 15 point lead going into tonight.

Don't forget though that Brees wasn't throwing a lot the last three weeks even taking out the snow game last week. All signs pointed to at least an average game for Volek (at home etc). 200 yds and two touches would've been fine with me.

Next Year :D

I started him also, he hurt me real good. The only other player to hurt me was Ward. I had DD and LJ they did great. Evans also did good. I have Holt going tonight and I'm down 6pts. Doesn't sound too bad except he has McNabb going and Phil. S/t & D. Ouch, I think I'm done, get the fork.

I decided on Trent Green saturday morning. Had to make the same decision the previous two weeks and went with Volek both times. I cannot believe I made the right choice 3 weeks in a row. All that luck and I am still down 7 with Bruce and Akers vs. Bulger.

My opponent started Volek and he handed me the championship in one of

my leagues, although I would have still had a shot tonight if Volek would have

been respectable. I still have T. Holt and Akers and he's done. I have a 1 point

lead, but IT'S OVER!!!!

Thanks to Volek and his -7 points, I am trailing my opponent in the SB by 21 points. He's done, but I still have Holt tonight... so I guess it's pretty much over.

What really hurts is that I had Brees (23 points) and Griese (18 points) On the bench. With either of those two in my lineup, I wouldn't even need Holt!

Dammit!!!!!!

started volek, bennett & j. smith...somehow managed to take a 1pt lead going into mnf. he has mcnabb & i have holt. as off 2 minute warning in 4th qtr...i'm still up a point. got really lucky this year. i left l. evans, r. smith, d. brees on bench.

I started Volek over Green and chalked up a -2 points from him. Luckily I also had Alexander, Clayton and Fitzgerald in yesterday and all three blew it up for me. I'm on my way to the championship this coming week.

Need to decide on who to go with this week Volek or Green.

:D  :D  B)  :D  :D  B)

Delhomme is on fire why did you bench him for Volek.  Muhammed has rediscovered a passing game Volek is to inconsistent.

633517[/snapback]

Well, let's have a quick looksie:

Week 14:

Volek: 43 passing attempts, 426 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's.

Delhomme: 30 passing attempts, 206 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.

Week 15:

Volek: 60 passing attempts, 492 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT.

Delhomme: 35 passing attempts, 2 TD's, 1 INT.

Kinda looks like yer off a bit there broncosn05, dontcha think.

To take it a stepfurther, the matchups last week:

Volek played Denver and Delhomme played Tampa. Going into the week, Tampa had the #1 ranked passing defense in the league.

So, you can :yay: all you want, but there were very good reasons to start Volek over Delhomme last week, and I just showed them to you.

As noted in previous replies to this post, I was indirectly Volekized by Bennett's awful day. He had two catches for two points. When all my SB opponent needed to beat me was two L.J. Smith catches last night, I thought my indirect Volekization was a permanent condition, rendering me to a 2nd. place destiny.

Lo and behold, L.J. pulls his own Volekization, dropping both passes to him. I win the SB!

Volek is forgiven, Bennett is forgiven, L.J. is revered. I may even draft him next year.

Happy New Year to All!