Sign in to follow this  
stokers

Volek or Green for the championship

I'm in the championship this coming week despite getting a -2 from Volek.

I know it's very early in the week to ask, but I'm going the throw it out there anyway. Who to start at QB this week?

Volek vs. Det

Green @ SD

The guy I'm playing has Gonzo, so playing Green would offset his numbers.

I will take Green because I think that it is going to be an absolute shoot out between the Chiefs and Chargers. JUST JOKING you have to go with Volek with both of the teams it should actually turn out to one of the biggest games of the day.

I'd go Green - much safer, and consistent

633620[/snapback]

Yeah, after last week you don't need to get Volekized again!!

Green. He's currently the #3 ranked QB in my league behind C-Pep and Manning.

I'm in the championship this coming week despite getting a -2 from Volek.

I know it's very early in the week to ask, but I'm going the throw it out there anyway.  Who to start at QB this week?

Volek  vs. Det

Green  @ SD

The guy I'm playing has Gonzo, so playing Green would offset his numbers.

633501[/snapback]

First,do people still believe this?No,a QB does not offset a TE's numbers.Your TE offsets his TE's numbers,and your QB offsets his QB's numbers.I don't care if they are on the same team or not.Would you play Green knowing he will "offset" Gonzo's numbers,if Gonzo gets 145 yds and 2 TD's,but Green only gets 175 and 2?Of course not.You will play the QB that will get the most yards,and the most TD's period.The whole theory of offsetting a players numbers because he is a teammate is ridiculous.

Now with that rant out of the way,I think if Volek is healthy he should destroy the Lions,and he should roll up the numbers.Not that Green won't,but with Johnson going against a stingy D it could have them focusing on Green a bit more.Especially if LT and Brees get limited action,you should see KC trying to run the ball being that the score will likely not get too high.Just a couple of things to think about.Good luck!

Thanks for answering my post.

I'd say Green. I think he's just better than Volek and the Chargers won't play their starting defense the whole game. Good luck.

Gotta agree with the other Huddlers on this one...Green.

Although I do expect a nice rebound from Volek, you just can't take the chance of getting a goose egg from him again.

Good Luck.

Ben