[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP leagues

XFlash

I'm in a performance league as shown in my signature.

I'm trying to convince owners to move away from a team defense to IDPs, but keep Special Teams a (team).

I'm not sure what is a good combination or amount of IDPs to start off with. There are some in my leauge that want to keep team defense because they do not want to track IDPs or increase the draft. Others want to even the playing field with selecting top IDPs when they miss out on top tier offense skill players.

I was thinking of using the standard DL, LB, DB format 3,2,2 (start 2,1,1). I'm not sure if that is too low for beginner IDP owners.

I ask my fellow huddlers for some input.

I hoping to move my league into more competitiveness and fun.

IF you want to keep your LEAGUE interested in IDP then I suggest you DO NOT START 3 DL- they are like TEs in the scoring DEPT and you will turn off lots of people....LBs are more like RBs and DBs are like WRs(dime a dozen so to say...good ones are usually able to be found on waivers all yr long)

so I would start at a MIN 1-DL then either 2-LBs and 3-DBs or 1-DL,3-LBs, 2-DBs

IF you want to keep your LEAGUE interested in IDP then I suggest you DO NOT START 3 DL- they are like TEs in the scoring DEPT and you will turn off lots of people....LBs are more like RBs and DBs are like WRs(dime a dozen so to say...good ones are usually able to be found on waivers all yr long)

so I would start at a MIN 1-DL then either 2-LBs and 3-DBs  or 1-DL,3-LBs, 2-DBs

633682[/snapback]

I agree. Thanks Keggz

Draft 2-DL, 3-LB, 3-DB

Start 1-DL, 2-LB, 2-DB

Any other opinions? How do you draft IDPs in your league?

Let me give you some input on what not to do, instead of what to do.

My local is an IDP and we carry 22 total players on our roster, but the IDP component of our league is essentially all about "luck".

We only start 1 LB, 1 DB, and 1 DL. As much as you struggle with which WR to start (and the one you sit scores a ton of bench points) this happens more often with IDP (especially LB's and DB's).

Starting multiples is the way to go, especially with owners who may not be as up to speed with the defensive players.

Our games are esentially won or lost based on an awesome IDP performance or one that was left on the bench more often than any other roster decision.