[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander? Gates? Will They Play Much?

JET FAN

Does anyone out there think Shaun Alexander or Antonio Gates will play much on Sunday?

I know both the Seahawks and Chargers are in the playoffs, but will these guys see significant time? For what it's worth, "The Huddle" has good player projections for both of them. I've read the Chargers are looking to play it seriously after losing two games in a row. I'm not too sure about the Seahawks.

Also, Does anyone knows who backs up Corey Dillon?

Cedric Cobbs or Patrick Pass? I'm thinking about picking one of them up on the waiver wire for depth just in case.

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Pass is typically the change of pace back. Cobbs is a rookie who they picked up this year; they might want to see how he fares after Dillon comes out. If memory serves, he played a few series in that disasterous game against Pittsburgh when Dillon was injured.

I don't know that either is necessarily a good play, though. Belichick has been fairly ambiguous about his plans for Sunday (you know, as opposed to the rest of the time when he just comes out and says what he's thinking), and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the starters in for a while. I'd imagine Pass and Cobbs would split carries, and your guess is as good as mine as to which one gets the bulk of the work...

If Alexander wants to be the rushing leader for the he'll need to play no matter what St. Louis does earlier.  Since he's in his contract year, it would be best for him to play and try to keep the rushing lead.  IMO~

635917[/snapback]

Well that may not be up to him. If he plays in this game that really means nothing and gets hurt then there goes the seahawks chances. I think he plays 1-2 Q at most.

Thats a tough one there. I don't think I would touch Dillion or the backups....

I don't know if you will see Gates for a whole game either.

I have Dillion on my team, I am going to pick up Davenport and probably give him a shot against the Bears. S.Alexander probably is going to play 1 half as well.

One other thing to keep in mind, though the Pats are downplaying it, is that Dillon is 81 yards away from his last incentive that's worth around $300K. Knowing Belichick, that makes absolutely no difference in terms of the gameplan, but he might elect to keep Dillon in longer than he otherwise would. Of course, they are playing the Niners, after all. Dillon could get 81 yards in the first series. :D

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm going to bump up here to look for more Alexander replies. At this point I'm going with Gates because my backup (Kinney) is questionable and I have no other options.

I also picked up Verrnon Haynes and Patrick Pass on waivers; I like Haynes this week. What do you think?

Anyone else on Alexander? Thanks in advance.

Also, Athletic Supporter, bump up your post if you've got one.

Thanks for the replies so far.  I'm going to bump up here to look for more Alexander replies.  At this point I'm going with Gates because my backup (Kinney) is questionable and I have no other options.

I also picked up Verrnon Haynes and Patrick Pass on waivers; I like Haynes this week.  What do you think?

Anyone else on Alexander?  Thanks in advance.

Also,  Athletic Supporter, bump up your post if you've got one.

637828[/snapback]

I thought about Haynes myself, but he's up against a normally strong Buffalo D that needs to win. They're going to be like a brick wall on Sunday. If I had to choose between Haynes and Pass, I'd take Pass simply because the Niners D is terrible and the Pats will probably run up the score early and then run the rest of the way. There should be plenty of carries to go around for the Pats.

I thought about Haynes myself, but he's up against a normally strong Buffalo D that needs to win.  They're going to be like a brick wall on Sunday.  If I had to choose between Haynes and Pass, I'd take Pass simply because the Niners D is terrible and the Pats will probably run up the score early and then run the rest of the way.  There should be plenty of carries to go around for the Pats.

637854[/snapback]

I agree with most of this... definitely the thoughts on Haynes. Not a good start this week. As far as the NE RB situation, I'd play Cobbs. They'll give the rookie a chance to shine against the porous SF D.

Thanks for the replies so far.  I'm going to bump up here to look for more Alexander replies.  At this point I'm going with Gates because my backup (Kinney) is questionable and I have no other options.

I also picked up Verrnon Haynes and Patrick Pass on waivers; I like Haynes this week.  What do you think?

Anyone else on Alexander?  Thanks in advance.

Also,  Athletic Supporter, bump up your post if you've got one.

637828[/snapback]

Haynes may do OK for you. But Im sure Duce if healthy will play 15-20 snaps and the Bus should get a few carries as well. Can you pick up Betts? he should see the whole game for sure. Again Best of luck.........

I agree with most of this... definitely the thoughts on Haynes.  Not a good start this week.  As far as the NE RB situation, I'd play Cobbs.  They'll give the rookie a chance to shine against the porous SF D.

637921[/snapback]

I agree they should give Cobb the rock. Just to see what hes got under the hood.