* Junior who may declare for the draft

Top quarterbacks who might be available in free agency

1. Drew Brees, San Diego (UFA)

2. Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle (UFA)

3. Mike McMahon, Detroit (UFA)

4. Kurt Warner, New York Giants (UFA)

5. Josh McCown, Arizona (RFA)

6. Quincy Carter, New York Jets (UFA)

and remember this, the last 1st round draft pick QB to win a SB w/ his original team was Troy Aikman in 1996.

So jump on the next Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Jim Drunkenmiller, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, etc., throw him into the fray too soon, wreck his psyche and waste a 1st round pick.

Dallas would like Brees please! :D

I think he's staying in SD tho....

Alex Smith - this kid will be the best QB to come out of the draft. Yeah, Yeah I know he didnt win a Heisman...but hey neither did some of the best QB's to play in the NFL. This guy is smart, calm and tougher than nails and can move out of the pocket if need be. Mark my words this kid has got the "Right Stuff"!!

and remember this, the last 1st round draft pick QB to win a SB w/ his original team was Troy Aikman in 1996. 

So jump on the next Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Jim Drunkenmiller, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, etc., throw him into the fray too soon, wreck his psyche and waste a 1st round pick.

640253[/snapback]

I'm not sure anyone could have turned Drukenmiller into a pro QB. I don't know what the 49ers were thinking. I know many people who attended VA Tech and I've heard stories about him involving alcohol, drugs, unreported sexual assaults, and just not being a very bright guy in general. He is a guy with a strong arm and not enough smarts to run a pro offense.

Brad Johnson is not a FA, but there's no way he's back in Tampa next year. I think he'd be a good fit with Denny Green and the Cards...

The last time the Cowboys tapped into a California school for a QB in the 1st rd they found Aikman.

Maybe they try tapping into that California Gold with Leinart?

what about Kitna? Isn't he a free agent? I'd like to see him get a shot at a starting job.

640299[/snapback]

Signed a one year extension last year, so he's here thru 2005, unless they get a great trade offer!

Smith reportedly is leaving college for the NFL draft.

Oh yeah, Kyle Orton blows. No way he does anything in the NFL.

Smith reportedly is leaving college for the NFL draft.

640806[/snapback]

Don't blame him. I don't see how he could improve his stock by staying another year. Too much risk with coaching changes and of course the possibility of injury.

don't forget about Kelly Holcomb...

I'm not sure anyone could have turned Drukenmiller into a pro QB.  I don't know what the 49ers were thinking.  I know many people who attended VA Tech and I've heard stories about him involving alcohol, drugs, unreported sexual assaults, and just not being a very bright guy in general.  He is a guy with a strong arm and not enough smarts to run a pro offense.

640290[/snapback]

There were plenty of reported sexual assaults as well. The guy's a scumbag. On a different note: Let's GO Hokies!!!

Signed a one year extension last year, so he's here thru 2005, unless they get a great trade offer!

640767[/snapback]

Kitna's not going anywhere IMO. Being the devout Christian that he is, he and his family love it in good ole' conservative Cincinatti.

640253[/snapback]

Roethlesbergermeister... has erased the 2nd paragraph ... might he erase the first as well? :D Here's hoping ... Hey, draft talent and don't worry about "wrecked psyche" ...

Roethlesbergermeister... has erased the 2nd paragraph ... might he erase the first as well?  :D  Here's hoping ... Hey, draft talent and don't worry about "wrecked psyche" ...

641042[/snapback]

Ok, so ONE out of the last 20+ QB's? That's a chance I'd rather not take. He still hasn't won a SB though. Plus, Roethlisberger came into a team with a good running game and a very good defense, which almost no team in the top half of the draft has this year, except maybe Dallas.

Plus, Roethlisberger came into a team with a good running game and a very good defense, which almost no team in the top half of the draft has this year, except maybe Dallas.

643171[/snapback]

If Dallas has a very good defense, it would have been nice if they had put those players on the field this year.

Yea they will draft Leinart, and Parcells will still name Vinny as the starter :D