[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How bad will USC beat OU?

theeohiostate

USC 37

OU 17

I think the Big 12 looked a little shocked this bowl season when faced with stiff competition going 2-2 verse good opponents.

OU is just a slight notch above the Longhorns and the Wolverines put up 37 points while the Bucks put up another 33 against the Cowboys

Do you think OU will be able to hold USC under 30 points?

I think that the game will be much closer than that. I will say 31-28 with USC winning the game. This game comes down to how the USC defense wishes to attack the OU offense. Pick your poison. I believe that USC will play to stop Peterson. The poison will be Jason White looking at single coverage on the outside. USC will give up some big plays with this strategy, but I don't see how they can let Peterson romp all over them though. Playing to stop Peterson at least gives the USC defensive line a chance to get to White. Peterson is the best player in college football, but teams can design defenses to minimize his gains. OU will play to defend Bush. I think they certainly have the personnel to negate his RB duties. Bush is one of the best players in college football, but he is the most difficult to stop. He plays too many other positions. He presents too many challenges.

OU 34, USC 27.

OU's defense is better than any USC has faced. Thesoontobegone keeps bringing the A&M and OSU games, but OU was without Perkins, who is a big time play maker. USC might be able to shut down Peterson, but if they concentrate on Peterson, White and Clayton will have field day. I am very confident OU will put up 30+ points on USC. I think that I am probably giving USC more respect than they deserve by thinking they will score 27 points.

OU 34, USC 27.

OU's defense is better than any USC has faced.  Thesoontobegone keeps bringing the A&M and OSU games, but OU was without Perkins, who is a big time play maker.  USC might be able to shut down Peterson, but if they concentrate on Peterson, White and Clayton will have field day.  I am very confident OU will put up 30+ points on USC.  I think that I am probably giving USC more respect than they deserve by thinking they will score 27 points.

640763[/snapback]

Note to posters in this thread..................you must think USC will win if you post here :D

USC's defense in MUCH better than OU has faced all season. USC's offense is MUCH better than any OU has faced all season. In short OU hasn't faced a team this good in YEARS!!!

Just put it into perspective, the two teams that gave OU the most trouble this season, Ok St. and A&M , were simply man handled, shut out and gave of more offense than what they did against OU, if they doesn't show you anything...................YOU MUST BE BLIND. What else could be said that OU gave up 70 points to Ok St and A&M and OSU and Tenn held those teams to a few gimmie points outta pity :D

OU 34, USC 27.

OU's defense is better than any USC has faced.  Thesoontobegone keeps bringing the A&M and OSU games, but OU was without Perkins, who is a big time play maker.  USC might be able to shut down Peterson, but if they concentrate on Peterson, White and Clayton will have field day.  I am very confident OU will put up 30+ points on USC.  I think that I am probably giving USC more respect than they deserve by thinking they will score 27 points.

640763[/snapback]

Well one thing is for sure, you Big 12 folks don't give any respect to USC. I will go out on a limb and say that you gave LSU as much respect prior to the Sugar Bowl last year. It's funny really.

And Texas Tech who put 45 up on Cal, was held to 13 pts  and Texas who was completely shut out by OU put up 38 on Michigan.

You obviously havent heard of Antonio Perkins, the current NCAA record holder for punts returns for  TDs and a future 1st round draft pick CB, anb OUs fastest player who runs the 40 in 4.31.  He missed both the Okie St and A@m game, and look at the Sooner defense since hes returned and before he left.  Stiffling to say the least.  This defense is one of the best in the Bob Stoops era, and that includes the one that shut out Fla St 13-2 in the NC game of 2000 when they gave the Noles a Safety, their only pts at the end of the 4th qtr, to avoid the possability of a blocked punt in the endzone.  If you think USC will score 30 on this defense you are a bigger fool than even I imagined. 

And Texas is a better defense than USC.  USC wont hold the Sooners under 12 points. 

OU 34

USC 17

640802[/snapback]

Texas is a better defense than USC? Really? Is that just your PAC 10 hating self talking or do you have some facts to back up that claim? Was Chad Henne the best QB that Texas faced this year? Sure appeared that way. Michigan scored at will on them. Not even your OU team did that.

Well one thing is for sure, you Big 12 folks don't give any respect to USC.  I will go out on a limb and say that you gave LSU as much respect prior to the Sugar Bowl last year.  It's funny really.

640820[/snapback]

That limb you just crawled out on, broke under your weight. I picked LSU to win, and didn't think that OU deserved the NC game, due to their horrible performance in the Big 12 championship game. I wish that LSU had played USC for the NC last year, so that there would not have been a split title.

IMO, the best team in the country this year is the Oklahoma Sooners.

Last year was last year.....the folks that continue to speak about what happened last year continue to miss the point.

USC has not faced the type of team this year that Oklahoma puts on the field. They'll need to pick their poison with OU's offense, and I see a 10+ point victory by the Sooners.

31-21.

Texas is a better defense than USC?  Really?  Is that just your PAC 10 hating self talking or do you have some facts to back up that claim? Was Chad Henne the best QB that Texas faced this year?  Sure appeared that way. Michigan scored at will on them.  Not even your OU team did that.

640826[/snapback]

not hating on the Pac-10, just stating USC wont hold OU to under 12 pts, and Texas is the best defense OU will have played this season. USc has 2 players that would start for OU on Defense, and the Ou offense, sees a better defense every day in practice than what USC has. USC has never seen an offense like OU, or a defense like OU. Its going to be a nightmare for the Pac-10 this season......

All the USC haters here do bring up good points - its going to be tougher for the Trojans to throw with Perkins in there, LWhite's ankle is not 100%, and our D will have to come up huge to stop both Peterson and White/Clayton. Without a doubt, OU is by far the best team we've played all year.

But I am "cautiously optomistic", because I still think they can do it. It may depend on a key turnover or big special teams play, but USC will win a close one....but hey, that's just my opinion....

IMO, the best team in the country this year is the Oklahoma Sooners.

Last year was last year.....the folks that continue to speak about what happened last year continue to miss the point.

USC has not faced the type of team this year that Oklahoma puts on the field. They'll need to pick their poison with OU's offense, and I see a 10+ point victory by the Sooners.

31-21.

640840[/snapback]

Agree 100%.

OU will eliminate Bush and force Leinart to beat them with those WRs and TEs. That aint going to happen.

OU will force their will on the USC defense, and the OL will dictate all night long.

USC doesnt have a healthy White, an OL that can keep OU out of their backfield and the WR threat to get deep on Perkins and Walker.

OU has the best Ol in the country, the best RB in the country to go with the best QB in the country, and arguably one of the best set of Wrs in the country.

Pick your posion may be generous, as I think OU will do whatever it wants vs USC, unless they pu 9 in the box to stop Peterson....

NO, most thought LSU playing at home, would give OU a good game.  But seeing Cal get manhandled by Tech, and watching UCLA get spanked by Wyoming, its clear the Pac-10 isnt worth a ***, with its only winners being also rans, Arz St vs a weak ass Big 10 School, and Oregon St winning their bowl game also vs inferior competition like you Big 10 Oprahers are trying to preach now, that your arguement last yr about winning 1 more game than the Big 12 isnt the case this yr.

USC doesnt have a healthy L White.  Bush as a tailback will get eaten up alive by OUS front 7.  Perkins will cover Bush, while the ture Freshman Walker will shutdown Jarrett.  Ous LBs are faster than USCs TEs, and the Leinart will be on his back half the game. 

Ou will run Peterson at will, and force USC to play 8 in the box and kill them deep with Clayton, Jones, Wilson and Bradly. 

Its going to be as lopsided as the game with Nebraska vs Miami and Auburn fans are going to be screaming, USC got a free pass all yr.....

640831[/snapback]

And USC will just lay down and die...I am surprised that they are even playing the game. :D

All the USC haters here do bring up good points - its going to be tougher for the Trojans to throw with Perkins in there, LWhite's ankle is not 100%, and our D will have to come up huge to stop both Peterson and White/Clayton.  Without a doubt, OU is by far the best team we've played all year.

But I am "cautiously optomistic", because I still think they can do it.  It may depend on a key turnover or big special teams play, but USC will win a close one....but hey, that's just my opinion....

640848[/snapback]

I dont hate USC, per say

I just think Auburn and OU are the 2 best teams and the Heisman was a gift. leinart didnt put up better numbers than White. Even USC says their MVP is Bush.

NO, most thought LSU playing at home, would give OU a good game.  But seeing 

Why? A7M playing at home this bowl season didn't help them against Tenn. :D

OU just doesn't play physical enough to play with the big DAWGS as we will soon see............AGAIN :D

And USC will just lay down and die...I am surprised that they are even playing the game.  :D

640858[/snapback]

I just hope they give a better effort than Cal did, is all. Im really looking forward to this game. Even taking the day off tomorow to get the party started early.

I just hope they give a better effort than Cal did, is all.  Im really looking forward to this game.  Even taking the day off tomorow to get the party started early.

640863[/snapback]

I hope OU can just play a little better D, than?.................Texas, A&M, Ok St., Texas Tech and Colorado could, that's over 35 points a game between them. Defense in the Big 12? What Defense?

Why?  A7M playing at home this bowl season didn't help them against Tenn.  :D

OU just doesn't play physical enough to play with the big DAWGS as we will soon see............AGAIN  :D

640861[/snapback]

Who the F8ck are you kiddin. Have you seen the Sooner OL, and how physical they are. You must have never heard of Dan Cody and Rufus Alexander or Lance Mitchell on the Sooner D. If anything USC is a more finesse team than OU. They dont run the ball as well, their OL isnt as dominating, and they do most of their damage with the pass to Bush, as opposed to peterson rushing for 1843 yds

This is by far the most ignorant post you have sent in some time.

I just hope they give a better effort than Cal did, is all.  Im really looking forward to this game.  Even taking the day off tomorow to get the party started early.

640863[/snapback]

Hate to be a party pooper but at half-time i'll be formally saying farewell to Monsters, yourself and giving Perch is new sigline. Don't take off your shoes and get comfortable this one won't last long USC 37+ OU 17- :D

I hope OU can just play a little better D, than?.................Texas, A&M, Ok St., Texas Tech and Colorado could, that's over 35 points a game between them.  Defense in the Big 12?  What Defense?

640869[/snapback]

Oh I dont know when Perkins was healthy the same Tech team that put 45 on Cal and scored at will was held to 13 by the Sooners, and didnt get into the endzone until 4:50 remaining in the game. Colorado scored 3 pts on OU in the Big 12 Champ game. Both won their bowl games.

Without a healthy perkins, Ou gave up 70 pts to Okie St and A@M combined, but 28 of those were on special teams. a muff punt for a TD, blocked punt for a TD, fake FG for a TD and fake punt for a TD. So even withouth Perkins the D only gave up 21 pts in each of those games. Im sure your clueless ass wasnt aware of that now were you. Figures you would run yoru mouth about something you had no clue about.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Have you seen the Sooner OL, and how physical they are. 

Yes i have, and they put up a whopping 12 points on Texas, where as Michigan put up 37. They put up 28 on T.Tech where as Cal put up 31. They put up 35 on A&M and OK.ST where as OSU and TENN put up 38 and 33. So your point is? That OU offense is a good as my Bucks? I say your about right

, but 28 of those were on special teams. 

EXCUSES.........EXCUSES!!!

So i guess what your saying is when USC puts up 14 on special teams and has an interception return for a TD and recovers a fumble resulting in a FG that OU really shut them out? B)

Can't wait to hear the excuses this year, and i thought last years were funny.

OH!! Almost forgot, you won't be around.

:D:D

Yes i have, and they put up a whopping 12 points on Texas, where as Michigan put up 37.  They put up 28 on T.Tech where as Cal put up 31. They put up 35 on A&M and OK.ST where as OSU and TENN put up 38 and 33.  So your point is? That OU offense is a good as my Bucks?  I say your about right

640877[/snapback]

You obviously have no clue about college football.

OU put up 303 yds rushing on Texas, with Peterson rushing for 225

OU put up 291 yds rushing on Okie St, with Peterson rushing for 249

Clearly their OL dominated both of those teams.

OSU didnt even have a 100 yd rusher vs Okie St, Ross with 99.

Your lucks are just what they are the 5th best team in teh Big 10. That is it. They beat the 5th best in the Big 12 South. Congrats. But that is the end of the comparisons.